Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Stretching

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
4
I know about stretching and this is my 4th grow. It's just this time I have taken every precaution to keep them from stretching. They look healthy but there are long stems from the main stem and I wanted to start flowering soon and they (the small stems are stretching). I started growing them on October 1st. HELP! Is this normal? Here are a few pics

4thGrow7.jpg


4thGrow8.jpg


4thGrow9.jpg


4thGrow10.jpg
 

Grower13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
137
What strain are you growing? What kind of lights are you using? What are you doing to keep them from stretching?

Not enough light can cause big time stretch.
 

Grower13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
137
You could pull the top of the plant down and tie it off to a lower branch or the side of the pot.
 

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
4
No they get plenty of light. Since I want to start a 12/12 cycle I am gradually cutting the light hours back to the 12/12 cycle. I don't know the strain. It used the seeds that I got from my dealer. All my plants have been grown by the same seeds and the last plant gave me an awesome high. I didn't have to smoke alot of it before I got good high. I hate the stuff that I bought recently. I had to smoke the heck outta it before I even began to feel stoned.
 

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
4
Grower13 said:
You could pull the top of the plant down and tie it off to a lower branch or the side of the pot.
I've thought about that. What kind of string should I use? Twine?
 

Grower13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
137
I've used coated wire...... pipe cleaners...... twine/string....... just don't pull or twist tight to the plant...... give the plant room to grow fatter unrestricted.
 

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
4
Grower13 said:
I've used coated wire...... pipe cleaners...... twine/string....... just don't pull or twist tight to the plant...... give the plant room to grow fatter unrestricted.
Thank you Grower13!
 

Grower13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
137
How are you cutting back the light to get to 12/12?
 

Grower13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
137
Hungarian Gypsy said:
I hate the stuff that I bought recently. I had to smoke the heck outta it before I even began to feel stoned.

I'll take a hit for you...... I been there myself ........ one reason I grow my own. :48:
 

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
4
Grower13 said:
I'll take a hit for you...... I been there myself ........ one reason I grow my own. :48:
I only got one female from MY last grow and it was some good stuff and I smoked it all up before I started this grow, so now I have to buy :eek: til I get something from these.
 

Grower13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
137
I don't see alternating nodes/stems so they are young for flowering..........Are you going take clones?.......... Are the plants getting to tall for grow area?
 

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
4
Grower13 said:
How are you cutting back the light to get to 12/12?
I'm doing it gradually. I just switched to 16/8 (16 on/ 8 off). I don't want them to get too large cuz I don't have enough room in my closet.
 

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
4
Grower13 said:
I don't see alternating nodes/stems so they are young for flowering..........Are you going take clones?.......... Are the plants getting to tall for grow area?
That was my thought exactly! I would like to take clones.
 

Grower13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
137
Hungarian Gypsy said:
I'm doing it gradually. I just switched to 16/8 (16 on/ 8 off). I don't want them to get too large cuz I don't have enough room in my closet.
How long have they been less than 18/6?
 

Grower13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
137
Growdude said:
What is plenty of light?

Tell us all about your grow.

:holysheep:Stop right here...... tell every thing about the grow...... you got a few potential serious issues imho........ Your gonna need one of the experts here to tell you how to get your grow back on track........ growdude is one who can help you.
 

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
4
Grower13 said:
:holysheep:Stop right here...... tell every thing about the grow...... you got a few potential serious issues imho........ Your gonna need one of the experts here to tell you how to get your grow back on track........ growdude is one who can help you.
One of them is looking good. As for the grow, I used seeds I collected. Pretty sure they're Sativas. Anyway, I started out by putting them in Miracle Grow soil and added a small amount of Miracle Grow food. They popped up and were good lookin babies, until the stretching began as they got older. What's so weird is that the delicate long stems are starting to stretch too. I'm thinking about tying her down. Carefully of course.
 

LEFTHAND

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
191
im with GD and Grower13
we need to know MORE about your grow..
before we can totaly help you.. things like...
grow room size..
light being used..
ventalation..
this will help greatly...
LH
 

Latest posts

Top