Stretching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Reaction score
I know about stretching and this is my 4th grow. It's just this time I have taken every precaution to keep them from stretching. They look healthy but there are long stems from the main stem and I wanted to start flowering soon and they (the small stems are stretching). I started growing them on October 1st. HELP! Is this normal? Here are a few pics

4thGrow7.jpg

4thGrow8.jpg

4thGrow9.jpg

4thGrow10.jpg

What strain are you growing? What kind of lights are you using? What are you doing to keep them from stretching?

Not enough light can cause big time stretch.

You could pull the top of the plant down and tie it off to a lower branch or the side of the pot.

No they get plenty of light. Since I want to start a 12/12 cycle I am gradually cutting the light hours back to the 12/12 cycle. I don't know the strain. It used the seeds that I got from my dealer. All my plants have been grown by the same seeds and the last plant gave me an awesome high. I didn't have to smoke alot of it before I got good high. I hate the stuff that I bought recently. I had to smoke the heck outta it before I even began to feel stoned.

Grower13 said:
You could pull the top of the plant down and tie it off to a lower branch or the side of the pot.

I've thought about that. What kind of string should I use? Twine?

I've used coated wire...... pipe cleaners...... twine/string....... just don't pull or twist tight to the plant...... give the plant room to grow fatter unrestricted.

Grower13 said:
I've used coated wire...... pipe cleaners...... twine/string....... just don't pull or twist tight to the plant...... give the plant room to grow fatter unrestricted.

Thank you Grower13!

How are you cutting back the light to get to 12/12?

Hungarian Gypsy said:
I hate the stuff that I bought recently. I had to smoke the heck outta it before I even began to feel stoned.

I'll take a hit for you...... I been there myself ........ one reason I grow my own. :48:

Grower13 said:
I'll take a hit for you...... I been there myself ........ one reason I grow my own. :48:

I only got one female from MY last grow and it was some good stuff and I smoked it all up before I started this grow, so now I have to buy :eek: til I get something from these.

I don't see alternating nodes/stems so they are young for flowering..........Are you going take clones?.......... Are the plants getting to tall for grow area?

Grower13 said:
How are you cutting back the light to get to 12/12?

I'm doing it gradually. I just switched to 16/8 (16 on/ 8 off). I don't want them to get too large cuz I don't have enough room in my closet.

Grower13 said:
I don't see alternating nodes/stems so they are young for flowering..........Are you going take clones?.......... Are the plants getting to tall for grow area?

That was my thought exactly! I would like to take clones.

Hungarian Gypsy said:
I'm doing it gradually. I just switched to 16/8 (16 on/ 8 off). I don't want them to get too large cuz I don't have enough room in my closet.

How long have they been less than 18/6?

Growdude said:
What is plenty of light?

Tell us all about your grow.

:holysheep:Stop right here...... tell every thing about the grow...... you got a few potential serious issues imho........ Your gonna need one of the experts here to tell you how to get your grow back on track........ growdude is one who can help you.

Grower13 said:
:holysheep:Stop right here...... tell every thing about the grow...... you got a few potential serious issues imho........ Your gonna need one of the experts here to tell you how to get your grow back on track........ growdude is one who can help you.

One of them is looking good. As for the grow, I used seeds I collected. Pretty sure they're Sativas. Anyway, I started out by putting them in Miracle Grow soil and added a small amount of Miracle Grow food. They popped up and were good lookin babies, until the stretching began as they got older. What's so weird is that the delicate long stems are starting to stretch too. I'm thinking about tying her down. Carefully of course.

im with GD and Grower13
we need to know MORE about your grow..
before we can totaly help you.. things like...
grow room size..
light being used..
ventalation..
this will help greatly...
LH

Latest posts

Back