Stretching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEFTHAND said:
im with GD and Grower13
we need to know MORE about your grow..
before we can totaly help you.. things like...
grow room size..
light being used..
ventalation..
this will help greatly...
LH

GROW ROOM SIZE: 114 x 53 inches.
LIGHTS: CFL's (I've been chewed out about this already)I used them on my last grow, but that was summer when I could take them out into the sunlight. That was at their 12/12 cycle.
VENTILATION: Door is always open and fan always on.

I can't remember what else I need to tell you.

How many cfls? most likely cause of stretch and being a sativia makes it worse. $50.00 worth of t5s from home depot and $200.00 in a 600watt HPS off ebay would correct most of your problem....... I've never read cutting the light period slows stretch....... I know plants stretch first 2 or so weeks of flower.

How tall is your grow area?

Grower13 said:
How many cfls? most likely cause of stretch and being a sativia makes it worse. $50.00 worth of t5s from home depot and $200.00 in a 600watt HPS off ebay would correct most of your problem....... I've never read cutting the light period slows stretch....... I know plants stretch first 2 or so weeks of flower.

I wanna say 8 - 9 feet tall.

Hungarian Gypsy said:
GROW ROOM SIZE: 114 x 53 inches.
LIGHTS: CFL's

Dont know what size CFL's your using but here is a rundown of what would be needed to flower in a room that size.

95, 36 watt cfl's or 3420 watts worth
75, 42 watt cfl's or 3150 watts
29, 105 watt cfl's or 3045 watts
17.4, 200 watt cfl's or 3480 watts

Your going to need to reduce the size of your room and make sure its lined or painted with refective surface.

Grower13 said:

cutting light, be it the hours or intensity, will "increase" stretching, not reduce it.

For future reference....... what should she do about the light time....... should she go to 12/12 now..... or can it be changed back to 24 hours of light?...... I think her plants maybe in flower now given the stretch and light time.

Grower13 said:
For future reference....... what should she do about the light time....... should she go to 12/12 now..... or can it be changed back to 24 hours of light?...... I think her plants maybe in flower now given the stretch and light time.

Cant do anything but to keep flowering, there only get bigger so better just flower, tie them down if needed.

Hungarian Gypsy said:
No they get plenty of light. Since I want to start a 12/12 cycle I am gradually cutting the light hours back to the 12/12 cycle. I don't know the strain. It used the seeds that I got from my dealer. All my plants have been grown by the same seeds and the last plant gave me an awesome high. I didn't have to smoke alot of it before I got good high. I hate the stuff that I bought recently. I had to smoke the heck outta it before I even began to feel stoned.

I really really doubt that they get plenty of light. Like Growdude mentioned, you need bukko CFLs to be adequately lit. How many lumens are you running? You need over 200,000 lumens for that sized space. I am pretty sure that you have to be underlit, plus CFLs simply do not have the penetrating power of CFLs, so the problem compounds itself. Just to give you an example, I am running 2 600W HPS in a space that is less than 1/2 the size of your space.

I see no benefit at all to gradually cutting back the hours to 12/12. Your stretch problem is really related to inadequate lighting and too large a space.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I really really doubt that they get plenty of light. Like Growdude mentioned, you need bukko CFLs to be adequately lit. How many lumens are you running? You need over 200,000 lumens for that sized space. I am pretty sure that you have to be underlit, plus CFLs simply do not have the penetrating power of CFLs, so the problem compounds itself. Just to give you an example, I am running 2 600W HPS in a space that is less than 1/2 the size of your space.

I see no benefit at all to gradually cutting back the hours to 12/12. Your stretch problem is really related to inadequate lighting and too large a space.
I think you are right........I'm not sure how many lumens are running. I used them before and had no problem. I'm doing this the poor farmers way. "Use what you've got". I will have to rig up some more lighting. I usually keep it as close to 70 degrees in the closet. Is that too warm?

You have some potentially serious problems, IMHO. You need to go to one of the experts, here to tell you how to make your growth track growdude is one who can help you.

Latest posts

Back