Strong Season for Pot Growers, Plenty of Work for Task Force

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Criminals growing outdoor crops of marijuana in Tennessee could start harvesting in the next few weeks, and law enforcers say it looks to have been a hearty season. One official says efforts to find and seize plants are on track for an average haul this year, even as federal budget woes have cut the number of helicopters in the hunt.

In an average year, the Governor’s Task Force on Marijuana Eradication nabs three to five hundred thousand plants. At a rough value of a thousand dollars each, that amounts to hundreds of millions taken out of Tennessee’s illegal drug trade.

Jason Poore leads the eastern team of the task force, which is a joint effort of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Highway Patrol, Alcoholic Beverage Commission and the Tennessee National Guard. Helicopters play a key role in spotting crops, but Poore says funding problems in Washington have left the task force playing catch-up.

“We’re actually short-handed in aircraft this year, with only the Highway Patrol helicopters and one – I think one aircraft from the National Guard, where we used to have six combined aircraft. So now we’re having to focus efforts on our larger producing areas moreso.”

Poore says at the same time, better yields give growers all the more reason to be protective of their crops.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/3ceaqwk

Strong Season my arse...
Strong growers from lugging all this dang blasted water because we go weeks without rain. :rant:

Mutt said:
Strong Season my arse...
Strong growers from lugging all this dang blasted water because we go weeks without rain. :rant:

I was thinking the same thing,
This is just a propaganda piece to help the DTF garner public support for an increased budget.

Thankfully, more and more people every day see their budget as wasted tax dollars.

HomieHogleg

Warning to all gorilla grower. The world strongest man look is a dead give away for yall 150 lb weakings:rofl:

Been a few big bust within 100 miles of me. Massive one last week I think it was.
Been getting rain near every day lately. 5 of the past 7 days have had some sort of rain, and should get something tonight. Be it drizzle or lightning storm. Adv like 3 out of 4 days a week.

Last year at this point. For most of june, july, and into deep August. It rained twice all summer in comparison.

Wish I could share with you guys. Im to old to be mowing the lawn twice a week in 96 degree temps.

We've had rain the other day, but for weeks we just had lightning storms rain just passed my plots by :(

Latest posts

Back