Stunted Growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waynekerr

Reaction score
:confused:
HI can anyone help,this has never happened to me before as ive grown heaps, i had to start again from seed i only had one big bud so i put it in some coconut that i used before to grow some tomato plants ,i should have bought new coco but did not think it would hurt, anyhow i had used thrive to grow the tomato.
'
so i put the big bud seedling in the coco and put the clone light fluro on for 1 week and it only sprouted small tiny leaves like it had to much nutrient,i was thinking that the thrive was to strong in the coco and may still be in there.
so i bought some potting mix and transplanted it and gave it fresh water only and put it under my 600 and lifted the light for 1 week and still nothing the ph is perfect 5,8 -6.0
now ive got it back under the clone light as im not going to waste power for nothing and i am hoping it will eventually sprout proporly ive never seen anything like it before it is nice and green but just does very little like under the 600 for 24 hrs it grew maybee 1 mm hahahahahaha

ill let you know if it ever grows do u think its in shock and will it ever grow ?

ps the leaves are very small and thin not big like normal

I'm assuming that you speaking of super-thrive.
That is a B1 and hormone additive. Not a fert. I'd stop with the superthrive if thats what your using for right now.

Thanx for the reply the thrive was what i was using trying to grow some vegies outside, and i used the same coco nut and put the big bud in it,now its in potting mix and all i have used is a and b nutrient and still wont grow

when i took the seedling out of the coconut i gently washed all the coco of it and transplanted it in to clean new pot mix
normally i would start again and put in new seed but it was the last seed i had from holland !
im guessing that the plant is in shock from the thrive that was in the old coco
or something ?

Nutrient_Chart.gif

I don't think it can utilize any nutrients, if your ph is 6-.

yup, to much stress from b1 overdose. get some proper ferts of yer choice and grow, baby grow.

Hi
I wrote a thread below about a plant i have that is stunted it hardly grows at all,my question is should i put it back under my 600 and wait and wait or keep it under my clone fleuros ?
I had it under the 600 for 3 days for 24 hrs and it grew 2mm ?
its on good nutrient THC A AND B using oxyplus what do you think should i save power and wait ?

If it's not ready to flower...the HPS lamp won't be doing it much good. If it's acting as if it's stuck...and just seeming to be hanging on instead of growing...it may be a case of pythium wilt...which comes with a seriously bleak prognosis...as in...if its not yet shown it's sex...yank the thing and devote your electricity to something that will mature without a joomungous interuption in growth...which, in my opinion...that sort of stress isn't likely to yield a quality grow.

Or, see it through till it keels over and dies just for sake of having the experience to draw from later.

Sounds like shock. Sudden change in environment. Heard the some periods of shock can last up to a week. Just chill, she will wake up.

-GG

The plant is 3 inches high,it is healthy very thin leaves,it does not seem to want to die,the problem is it does not want to grow,it was in coco that i used outside and had some herbs in,i think there were traces of the thrive still in the coco and sent it in to shock,i came out from seed looked ok then just grew real real slow
i know i should do a new one,but its the last seed i had before i have to buy more
im a bit short of cash and trying to get it going so i can get clones of it ?
maybee ill put it back under the 600
'eventually it should snap out of it

We'll all be thinking good thoughts in the hope that it does.

waynekerr said:
The plant is 3 inches high,it is healthy very thin leaves,it does not seem to want to die,the problem is it does not want to grow,it was in coco that i used outside and had some herbs in,i think there were traces of the thrive still in the coco and sent it in to shock,i came out from seed looked ok then just grew real real slow
i know i should do a new one,but its the last seed i had before i have to buy more
im a bit short of cash and trying to get it going so i can get clones of it ?
maybee ill put it back under the 600
'eventually it should snap out of it

Did you get the PH up from hydro level?? 6.0?

the ph now is 5.6 it was 5.8

ive put it back under the 600 and seems now it might do something
2 weeks of shock never seen that before ?

Waynker...You repotted into soil...READ the chart!!
I've given you the answer to "at least" part of the problem 3 times.

You can't grow in dirt and follow hydroponic guidlines for PH.

hey hicks thanx i read the chart i need glasses and did not have a good look at it now i see on the right it is for soil
I never realised the ph needs to be so high for soil,as usually i grow in coco

thanx again do you think i should be around 6.2 what would you suggest ?

now i feel my name is appropriate lol

wayne...I run in the upper half of the "acceptable" range..6.5+

I've had clones stop growing but looking a very rich green... possibly too deep a green... All of these that didn't grow any bigger did not have any grow shoots.

Latest posts

Back