SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well heck I can see this one. Hey hydra 😊
Hydra's been messin' with the time-space continuum again. Poor little bugger keeps fading in and out. Hope he doesn't materialize into a solid object like his uncle did on the USS Eldridge.

Hydra's been messin' with the time-space continuum again. Poor little bugger keeps fading in and out. Hope he doesn't materialize into a solid object like his uncle did on the USS Eldridge.
1652660860276.png

So I noticed cal mag deficiency in a couple of my plants in the veg tent. They had just been fed with veg nutes and ph water at 6.5. They were not quite ready for water yet but I flooded the worst one with a couple gallons of water to see the run off reading And gave the others a sip too even tho they weren’t as dry as I let them go between water. The ph reading was 5.8 so I need to put a higher PH water going in but I’m not really sure how high of a ph water going in I need now. Would 7.0 be to much To start with. I’m betting that all the plants have the same issues as that one as the all show signs of needing cal mag which I have been giving them every other water. So how much up should I make the PH in water to balance the 5.8 out? Thanks in advance for advice. Also, these plants are ready for a pot change which will happen in the next couple of days as I clear out the flower tent of the last two plants now finally ready for picking. They are in 2 gallon pots now but will be going in the 5 gallon pots used on my first grow.

I'm interested in the answers you get as well. I have done a lot of reading on how to interpret run off, and there are seemingly infinite opinions. My current understanding is a low PH reading isn't usually from the PH of the water you give them, but from a build up of too much nutrient. So either they are getting too much nutrient when they are fed, getting fed too often, or they are not getting flushed well enough when they are watered.

You kinda like ”the fly” Hydra. I wanna go on one of those time travels
Ha I had one last night at 4 in the morning
Was up baby sitting my Pup, and he was doing better so I went and lit up a fatty.
Good stuff 1/2 jay put me into mushroom mode, I was dreaming awake seeing pictures and places in my head without freakin out . Man was a relaxing trip and sleep I got some sleep.

I'm interested in the answers you get as well. I have done a lot of reading on how to interpret run off, and there are seemingly infinite opinions. My current understanding is a low PH reading isn't usually from the PH of the water you give them, but from a build up of too much nutrient. So either they are getting too much nutrient when they are fed, getting fed too often, or they are not getting flushed well enough when they are watered.
Pretty much what you said
I grow in soil and only watch what I feed into them and only at half strength or so
I grow by what the plants tell me by their looks. I dont do Flushes so to say
I do feeds and water only in between every now and then . I do Ph my feed water as well as plain water using bubbled 24 hr tap water from my facet.

I’ve fed them only once since they have been in these pots. In the past, fresh nute frog dirt has carried my grow on its own without adding any extra between transplants. I did feed these as I’ve kept them additional time in their 2 gallon pots waiting for the flower tent before their final transplant. I know they are not root bound as the four I just transplanted outside were planted at the same time and had plenty of room in the pot still. Also, the outside plants don’t have this cal mag deficiency look so maybe my lighting? The plants are a good size now and I have been running the light at 75%. Trying to figure it out myself

Ha I had one last night at 4 in the morning
Was up baby sitting my Pup, and he was doing better so I went and lit up a fatty.
Good stuff 1/2 jay put me into mushroom mode, I was dreaming awake seeing pictures and places in my head without freakin out . Man was a relaxing trip and sleep I got some sleep.
Sounds like a good wake up and go back to sleep session. Glad your pup is doing better 🥰

I’m checking this runoff early as I had a problem in the last grow with my plants not accepting the cal mag I was giving them. Perhaps due to low PH but I’m not sure yet. Want to get a hold of the ph this grow. The first time I checked runoff in my last grow was in the 5th week of flower when I had the problem. Pute reminded me that I should be checking this on occasion but it was to late in the 5th week to do anything about it. That plant (ms ugly I called her) had great solid buds but was crispy sugarleaves covering the entire plant.

I've been using Happy Frog lately, and every plant growing in it developed a calcium deficiency. In fact, the younger of the Early Miss autos is in Happy Frog and has... calcium deficiency. The older one is in mostly MG, and is just fine. Strange that didn't occur to me until just now.

I’m checking this runoff early as I had a problem in the last grow with my plants not accepting the cal mag I was giving them. Perhaps due to low PH but I’m not sure yet. Want to get a hold of the ph this grow. The first time I checked runoff in my last grow was in the 5th week of flower when I had the problem. Pute reminded me that I should be checking this on occasion but it was to late in the 5th week to do anything about it. That plant (ms ugly I called her) had great solid buds but was crispy sugarleaves covering the entire plant.
I'm very familiar with the crispy sugar leaf look! : )

Ive switched from FF back to MG Twice As Big and my plants seem to be doing much better.
Well I need to buy soil anyway. I remember you having luck with MG. Maybe I will try that for the transplant and see if the leaves look better. I feel like the soul is locking up for some reason. I did add more perlite to my last transplant thinking maybe the roots were getting muddy and needed some breathing room down there. I used equal parts of Frog soil and organic soil in the outdoor grow at transplant. Had really good luck with first grow using ocean forest then changing to happy frog but maybe that was just luck.

Latest posts

Back