SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't only defoliate I trim the popcorn buds as well. Not worth messing with and take away from the colas near the lights.

Great thread SubG.
Yes. Those little buggers. A waste of time. Especially when time for curing. That short time you have and all those big buds
I don't only defoliate I trim the popcorn buds as well. Not worth messing with and take away from the colas near the lights.

Great thread SubG.
For sure. And then when your trimming, getting ready for curing, all those small buds take away what little time you have for all those nice big buds. I found, for outside growing, especially here in Michigan, that bending the plants after they get about 4 feet will let them smaller branches catch up in size. I won't have a big cola, but all the buds will be nice size. And the best thing is come fall time when the rains come I won't have much mold problems. I've lost so many colas to mold. Devastating coming home from work and finding your beautiful girls full of mold. I can't believe how fast it'll spread too.

Good morning peeps. Found this assassin bug munching on another critter that I’m hoping is not a spider mite. In a way I was glad to see him getting eaten but also wondering if I need to do something else than spraying with spinosad every couple days. looks like white spots but when I examine the leaves I don’t see anything up close that looks like bug damage or eggs or anything and the undersides of the leaves look clean. So I’m gonna wait on some of our spider mite experts to chime infor help.

edit this is on my outside plant Josie
View attachment 299789
Is that a Mealybug?

Don't mean to hijack the thread SubG but I just happen to have a Strawberry OG ready to go into flower next week. Here is a picture of her. Again all leaves are cleaned up at the bottom. Most plants aren't this bad but nothing down at the bottom would produce smoke able product. So, I clean it and let the top of the plant flourish.

I will get a fair to average yield out of her. The buds will be bigger and smell like strawberry once cured properly. Plus....it is gooood s-hit.

View attachment 300790

right there , bare naked ladies

Don't mean to hijack the thread SubG but I just happen to have a Strawberry OG ready to go into flower next week. Here is a picture of her. Again all leaves are cleaned up at the bottom. Most plants aren't this bad but nothing down at the bottom would produce smoke able product. So, I clean it and let the top of the plant flourish.

I will get a fair to average yield out of her. The buds will be bigger and smell like strawberry once cured properly. Plus....it is gooood s-hit.

View attachment 300790
Nice haircut on her Pute.

So we ordered new sliding glass doors as well as a replacement bedroom door on our back porch about 6 months ago. They are finally ready and will be installed this week Wednesday and thursday This will be the first time that strangers will have a gander at our plants unless they don’t notice them which unless they are blind…
I have two on the deck one pictured and two on their route in and out of our backyard to get materials and tools to the deck. I only plan to scootch this one plant out of the way a bit from the doors. We have a four plant limit here but I still worry a little about it.
what do strangers say when they see your plants?
3CB159A6-DB0C-4C2C-9120-AD67EAF8A24C.jpeg

no strangers see my plants…only people that I know

never trust any strangers when it comes to cannabis

Roster has good advice , if possible

otherwise , if you do let them see your plants , make sure they see an AR or an AK or a .45 laying around too

or a big old mean junkyard dog

no strangers see my plants…only people that I know

never trust any strangers when it comes to cannabis

Roster has good advice , if possible

otherwise , if you do let them see your plants , make sure they see an AR or an AK or a .45 laying around too

or a big old mean junkyard dog
I guess this probably just what they are looking for… May be a good time to also be cleaning my 357 tho. Good idea big. Don’t think I can cover them or hide them unless I could put them in my garage if my small mover wheels can handle them but I worry some about being out of the light for two days.
79C0C2F1-E6FD-408F-91D9-774019A0C275.jpeg

So we ordered new sliding glass doors as well as a replacement bedroom door on our back porch about 6 months ago. They are finally ready and will be installed this week Wednesday and thursday This will be the first time that strangers will have a gander at our plants unless they don’t notice them which unless they are blind…
I have two on the deck one pictured and two on their route in and out of our backyard to get materials and tools to the deck. I only plan to scootch this one plant out of the way a bit from the doors. We have a four plant limit here but I still worry a little about it.
what do strangers say when they see your plants?
View attachment 300960
Temporarily relocate your plants. Leaving them in plain site leaves you open to getting ripped off or worse. Trust no one that you don’t know.

two days won’t hurt them one bit SubGirl

but if those idiots come back and try and rip you off , there might be some hurt there
Ok I’ll try and move them around today to see if it’s possible. Thanks I’m glad the two days of darkness with only garage lights and maybe my little skimpy plant light won’t hurt them

yes I just tried. I can slide them around pretty easy so I’ll hide them in the garage. Thanks so much everyone…💕

Last edited:
When we had our fence replaced they not only recognized the plants, they commented on the "amazing smell" coming from the wall vent in my shop. So I gave them a tour, and about an ounce each. I doubt they will be ripping me off any time soon (not counting the cost of the fence), but if I need some warranty work they might fight over who gets to come over to do the work.

Latest posts

Back