SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t see aphids or anything on that leaf that they were attracted to but I picked the leaf off and twice as many on the underside I just sprayed with sinaspod yesterday. Shook them back on the plant since they were helpers. But why a gazillion on one small leaf?
Something sweet I bet
Are you sweet

giphy.gif

Something sweet I bet
Are you sweet
I am but not that sweet 😊. I haven’t been adding molasses to my flower brew cause I was scared of attracting ants. These are bug eaters I’m pretty sure. I do have occasional leaf damage from who knows what (probably Japanese beetles) but the Spinasod seems to keep everything at bay.

ants are generally a gardeners friend

keep an eyeball on that plant cause the ants may be attracted to it due to aphids or whiteflies…..

the aphids and whiteflies ingest plant sap and then they secrete a sugary byproduct know as honeydew and it is the scent of the honeydew that attracts the ants

if you see any signs of aphids use the Pyganic to knock them back

keep an eyeball on that plant cause the ants may be attracted to it due to aphids or whiteflies…..

the aphids and whiteflies ingest plant sap and then they secrete a sugary byproduct know as honeydew and it is the scent of the honeydew that attracts the ants

I’ll keep checking it. I went all over it this morning couldn’t see anything but something is making them hang around I agree

are the assassin bugs like ants tho attracted to sweetness? I’ve only seen them eating bugs or larvae

My guess is that the Pyganic would also kill the assassin bugs? I’ve only been using the Spinasod so far and they don’t seem to mind it

Latest posts

Back