SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went visiting some of my peeps today and scored free samples. Some of which came from clones I gifted to them and some new toys too to try and give my expert opinion on 😁 ok Yes View attachment 312677is the answer to that one. Even got a couple extra strains (amneisia haze and bubblegum) and some hash to try for the first time. Yay for me 🥹
Free bud is awesome but it looks like you may need to tutor some of them in proper bud trimming. I see some pretty large leaves in those buds.

Free bud is awesome but it looks like you may need to tutor some of them in proper bud trimming. I see some pretty large leaves in those buds.
I don't do much tutoring, they don’t seem to really want to know anything but I did tell one of my friends that wanted me to sample their weed that it would probably be much better if they took those sugar leaves off.

I don't do much tutoring, they don’t seem to really want to know anything but I did tell one of my friends that wanted me to sample their weed that it would probably be much better if they took those sugar leaves off.
I understand. Unsolicited input, like my above comment above, can be viewed as meddling. ;)

I tried to help some during their grow when I saw cats on their plants but they didn’t listen or care and some plants died from cats and or bud rot. I’m just gonna let them do their thing until they are into it a bit more. It takes a lot of time just trying to figure out my own plants. Funny thing tho, a couple plants made it perfectly just living in the hole they dug in their yard with just hose water

@bigsur51 I’m finally gonna be able to smoke some of the Josie weed. It was a real pleasure to debone as the buds were nice and big only a couple of jars for the plant but I’m looking forward to finally smoking a chunk of it. Decided to use the other two plants of the Josie for a hash project. Gonna try the dry ice thing. Pute said he would guide me along if I needed help. They are on the drying rack pretty sticky still. There were more big buds than I thought there were on those plants. Should make some good hash. I’ve never tried hash before so looking forward to that experience too.
343BC6CA-1A79-417A-BF3B-B9C37A6937CA.jpeg
98032F74-2CDC-49F8-8CB2-CDCC070F018A.jpeg

thats awesome SG and I hope you enjoy the harvest!

I forgot her genetics , did I by chance tell you her genetics?

@bigsur51 I’m finally gonna be able to smoke some of the Josie weed. It was a real pleasure to debone as the buds were nice and big only a couple of jars for the plant but I’m looking forward to finally smoking a chunk of it. Decided to use the other two plants of the Josie for a hash project. Gonna try the dry ice thing. Pute said he would guide me along if I needed help. They are on the drying rack pretty sticky still. There were more big buds than I thought there were on those plants. Should make some good hash. I’ve never tried hash before so looking forward to that experience too. View attachment 312767View attachment 312768
Dry ice hash is more of a keif thing but you can get something to compress it into a more hash-like puck. I got one on Amazon. It was a piece of junk but did the trick. I think hippie suggested using a bit of heat on the keif pucks to make it more hashy but I never got around to trying that. But if you get hash, try hash-under-glass. Best way to smoke hash by far.

Dry ice hash is more of a keif thing but you can get something to compress it into a more hash-like puck. I got one on Amazon. It was a piece of junk but did the trick. I think hippie suggested using a bit of heat on the keif pucks to make it more hashy but I never got around to trying that. But if you get hash, try hash-under-glass. Best way to smoke hash by far.
Nope, wasn't me, but sounds like it could work. I do bubble, and once it's dried enough it compresses into pucks quite readily.

I’ll play with it. Looks like it would be good for lots of things. I’d just like to add some to a Marley for maybe that extra boost but I did also order one of those pieces of junk you’re talking about to try it. I’ll remember the heat idea.
A63CCBE8-C786-4820-8FA6-0C6832E5C3E3.jpeg

And I’m gonna look up the hash under glass thing I have no idea about hash. Saw it for the first time when someone gifted me a little piece to try
61782A0D-4DCE-4B89-A0E6-3CAB45F8E748.jpeg

Ok I just looked it up. It looks like fun. My husband will think it’s cool too he smoked hash before overseas but not this way I’m sure. Gonna try to rig something up now for a party 😊

I’ll play with it. Looks like it would be good for lots of things. I’d just like to add some to a Marley for maybe that extra boost but I did also order one of those pieces of junk you’re talking about to try it. I’ll remember the heat idea.
View attachment 312797
The threads on the press stripped on mine. I may have tried to compress it too much or it could have been cheap foreign steel.

I tried a tiny piece the under glass method. It just burnt up so I went back and watched several YouTube’s they also had trouble lighting it as it has to be warmed up good by passing the lighter under it before lighting it. Will try again tonight with a little larger piece after big day at the doc and in the garden transplanting seedlings that want to stretch due to the cute pots my daughter gave me I decided to start them in being to short.
Have a great day Fogey 😊

The way I have done ‘hash under glass’ is to put a small pea sized ball of hash on a needle stuck thru an album cover( a piece of cardboard would work too) then light the ball of hash with a lighter until it is flaming. Then blow out the flame and place the glass over the smoldering hash. The taste is pure hash and I have actually blacked out on one occasion because the hit was a bit too big(lol)…

The way I have done ‘hash under glass’ is to put a small pea sized ball of hash on a needle stuck thru an album cover( a piece of cardboard would work too) then light the ball of hash with a lighter until it is flaming. Then blow out the flame and place the glass over the smoldering hash. The taste is pure hash and I have actually blacked out on one occasion because the hit was a bit too big(lol)…
I’m pretty sure I won’t black out 😁

Latest posts

Back