SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't a top dressing of diatomaceous earth kill the bugs in the dirt?

Side effects of DE

"There isn't enough reliable information available to know if diatomaceous earth is safe or what the side effects might be. Side effects in people who work with diatomaceous earth in large amounts include serious lung problems, even lung cancer. When rubbed on the skin, diatomaceous earth might cause wounds or loss of parts of the skin. "

Was thinking they would have a better chance to dry overnight. Would hate for those bright l to turn on and burn them up if still damp but maybe it would be ok if I give them a good shake… I could dim the lights for the first couple hours I guess…

Edited
diatomaceous earth ok I’ll read up on it
diatomaceous earth. I use in pots with tomato plants to deter aphids. Never tried it on cannabis. The mites travel mostly on web, so don't get sliced up like other bugs do. Thrips should be susceptible, though.

I would hate to smell bug spray when I opened the tent.
I used lost cost plant therapy & pyganic.
The lost coast is all natural and smells like peppermint. Kills on contact. But I had to use it daily for a like 2 weeks to kill them all off. It only kills the hatched thrips and has no residual kill.
And can be used in flower.
Good stuff our new distributor happy plants sells it.
Good luck hope you nuke them quick!

I happen to have a free sample of that from a local grow store.
35278364-3B8F-42DE-ADA8-2904A8ED214A.jpeg

Were you in flower when you had to deal with it?
when did you put it on? With the lights on/off?

I happen to have a free sample of that from a local grow store. View attachment 301733

Were you in flower when you had to deal with it?
when did you put it on? With the lights on/off?
Yes I had plants in flower and veg that both had thrips.
I sprayed with lights on.
The alcohol in it makes it dry up very fast.

Yes I had plants in flower and veg that both had thrips.
I sprayed with lights on.
The alcohol in it makes it dry up very fast.
Ok I mixed up some and gave them a spray. The directions say just to dim the lights until they are dry. you are right, they are dry already turned the lights back up but they are getting ready to shut off. I did smell very nice like peppermint. Hope to find dead ones or none tomorrow will continue to spray till the cycle is broken or at least bent… thanks

So now I’m concerned about the thrips in the soil. I just read Spinosad products can be used directly to kill thrips on contact, but can also be used when watering plants to systematically kill thrips via the roots.
so has anyone ever treated the soil with Spinosad? I’m worried that they are multiplying in my soil and would like to treat it with something organic that won’t effect my flowers.

I've neemed the soil using the drench method...flood the root ball until you've got complete runoff...whatever is in the soil dies but a repeat is needed for larvae...

I've neemed the soil using the drench method...flood the root ball until you've got complete runoff...whatever is in the soil dies but a repeat is needed for larvae...
So I’ve read that you shouldn’t get Neem oil on the buds cause you can taste it. I know that’s when you’re spraying it also the reason I’m not using it cause I don’t think I can keep it off the buds Do you think the Neem oil can make it from the soil to the buds? That why I was wondering about the Spinosad I guess drench method that makes sense that it would kill them in the soil.

no neem on the flowers or you'll taste it...try washing the plants with some water pressure and then put them in front of a large fan...in this heat they'll be dry in minutes...knock them off the flowers and leaves the best you can...

Latest posts

Back