SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now I’m concerned about the thrips in the soil. I just read Spinosad products can be used directly to kill thrips on contact, but can also be used when watering plants to systematically kill thrips via the roots.
so has anyone ever treated the soil with Spinosad? I’m worried that they are multiplying in my soil and would like to treat it with something organic that won’t effect my flowers.
That’s why I sprayed for two weeks!
Lol

no neem on the flowers or you'll taste it...try washing the plants with some water pressure and then put them in front of a large fan...in this heat they'll be dry in minutes...knock them off the flowers and leaves the best you can...
They are in major tie down in my tent boo. Would do that if they were on the outside plants for sure. Pretty sure I brought them in with the organic dirt I used which the plants seem to be digging but obviously the thrips are too. Will get a hold of it tho. at least now I know everything I ever wanted to know about thrips and then some 😁

They are in major tie down in my tent boo. Would do that if they were on the outside plants for sure. Pretty sure I brought them in with the organic dirt I used which the plants seem to be digging but obviously the thrips are too. Will get a hold of it tho. at least now I know everything I ever wanted to know about thrips and then some 😁
You might have brought them in from outside on your clothes. It happens. Lots of bugs like to hitchhike.

I work outside all day and see it all the time.
I was working on an air conditioning unit the other day with my helper.
The unit was surrounded by weeds that were infested with spider mites!
😳 made my helper do that one !!!

That gives me the heebie jeebies.

My wife was noticed mites on her indoor jasmine plant. I felt bad, but I hazmat suited up, moved it outside and sprayed it down hard. It's gotten 2 treatments of azamax, but I don't get close enough to tell if they're still borging or if I've eradicated them.

Yes and off with your clothes at the back door so you don’t bring them in.
That gives me the heebie jeebies.

My wife was noticed mites on her indoor jasmine plant. I felt bad, but I hazmat suited up, moved it outside and sprayed it down hard. It's gotten 2 treatments of azamax, but I don't get close enough to tell if they're still borging or if I've eradicated them.
Haha I may have sprayed it a little harder 😂 I check my houseplants all the time. I do get gnats around some of them and put sticky trap around when I see them but no spider mites yet. I’m hoping I never see a real one in my life.

I sprayed last night with the lost coast/Spinosad treatment. This morning when I went to put my new blue and yellow sticky’s in the tent. I couldn’t find any thrips dead or alive. They must be hiding. I will check the traps a little later to see if I caught any and plan on doing the spray until I don’t see them anymore but feel I’m on the right track to getting rid of them. Thanks so much for everyone’s help 😊

Keep alcohol in a spray bottle and spray yourself down before entering your growroom. Just make sure there are no holes in your pants by your balls. 😁

I designed my grow room to need a minimum of my interaction. You open a solid wood door and find another door with a 2.5'x5' plexiglass door. I can view the plants without ever needing to expose them to the outside world. If I need to get hands on with them, I go straight from the shower to a clean pair of scrubs. The only time I need to go in the room is to tuck the tops under the hog pen screen during veg or to harvest.
The nutes and water tests are done remotely with the reserve tank outside the room. The CO2 is also outside. I try and make things dummy proof 'cause.....well...... you know. :)
I love RDWC growing. Only bugs I ever had were the gnats, and that's not in the grow room, but the clone/early veg area.

Okay,,, I was going to include you girls with the spray thingy,,,, but i was having trouble figuring out how i was gonna word it and be nice.;)

I designed my grow room to need a minimum of my interaction. You open a solid wood door and find another door with a 2.5'x5' plexiglass door. I can view the plants without ever needing to expose them to the outside world. If I need to get hands on with them, I go straight from the shower to a clean pair of scrubs. The only time I need to go in the room is to tuck the tops under the hog pen screen during veg or to harvest.
The nutes and water tests are done remotely with the reserve tank outside the room. The CO2 is also outside. I try and make things dummy proof 'cause.....well...... you know. :)
I love RDWC growing. Only bugs I ever had were the gnats, and that's not in the grow room, but the clone/early veg area.

that sounds like a pretty cool room

yeah , I ain’t gonna lie , I would go into my growroom but neked

but I did not do that after awhile because I used bare bulbs that hang down from the ceiling where I could adjust them up and down

yeah , one day I turned around and bumped one with my belly and had a nice burn for awhile

no more

Latest posts

Back