SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I designed my grow room to need a minimum of my interaction. You open a solid wood door and find another door with a 2.5'x5' plexiglass door. I can view the plants without ever needing to expose them to the outside world. If I need to get hands on with them, I go straight from the shower to a clean pair of scrubs. The only time I need to go in the room is to tuck the tops under the hog pen screen during veg or to harvest.
The nutes and water tests are done remotely with the reserve tank outside the room. The CO2 is also outside. I try and make things dummy proof 'cause.....well...... you know. :)
I love RDWC growing. Only bugs I ever had were the gnats, and that's not in the grow room, but the clone/early veg area.
Sounds like an operating room or the nuclear clean area on a submarine. I’m gonna start calling you doctor hippy. I am careful not to tend to the plants after being in the yard but I don’t have a grow room only two tents which are both located inside my house. As tiny as those little bugs are they could have slipped them the screen covering at the bottom of the tent or of course found their way in thru me or my tools somehow… I did use organic soil this time and may have brought them to my tent that way. I did a full sterilization including vent fans filters tent tools just prior to putting my four plants in to flower so I don’t think it was that. hope to find dead thrips on the blue and yellow sticky’s when I check them later. This morning, couldn’t find any. I guess that’s good they have calmed down at least but I will be in there “Maybe naked like Big since I can’t get burnt on the belly with a hanging bulb” 😜

Ok,I found thrips on the yellow stickys not a lot and mostly the ones laying flat on the soil opposed to hanging around the leaves. I moved them all to flat on the soil. Also they don’t seem to like the blue sticky’s but I moved them also to the soil where I was catching them With the yellow ones. I also gave another spray with the lost coast/spinosad mix and plan to do this each day until I have clean yellow sticky’s Hopefully it doesn’t take forever

So I planted two different types of eggplant this year because the rabbits took out almost all of the first crop. The three that were left from the first crop have thorns on the leaves and stems. I’ve never seen thorns on the face of leaves like that. Better have glove on when I go to pick these I think
1B934799-2C23-4D6F-9BC4-EA9EC3394ECF.jpeg
B78BD51F-059F-47D4-8A60-8EE1B270BC82.jpeg
03C93932-1F40-41F0-A0A8-66ECBA2D9BB8.jpeg
EFAF78B7-4DB7-481B-88D4-9AD7F7194773.jpeg

Sounds like an operating room or the nuclear clean area on a submarine. I’m gonna start calling you doctor hippy. I am careful not to tend to the plants after being in the yard but I don’t have a grow room only two tents which are both located inside my house. As tiny as those little bugs are they could have slipped them the screen covering at the bottom of the tent or of course found their way in thru me or my tools somehow… I did use organic soil this time and may have brought them to my tent that way. I did a full sterilization including vent fans filters tent tools just prior to putting my four plants in to flower so I don’t think it was that. hope to find dead thrips on the blue and yellow sticky’s when I check them later. This morning, couldn’t find any. I guess that’s good they have calmed down at least but I will be in there “Maybe naked like Big since I can’t get burnt on the belly with a hanging bulb” 😜

the cool tubes work great , especially keeping one from getting burned

FD62C4EC-3CA7-40ED-B372-B2A6FD9A152A.jpeg

the hanging bare bulbs are dangerous , but that is how I roll

31B24295-7E04-4CBF-A4C9-51F51F9BF628.jpeg

I'm guessing he used a drip or something. I love perlite. Just never used it as the medium.

well I won’t clutter up SubGirls thread with a description of the Hempy bucket

so yeah , drill 2-3 holes about 2-3 inches up from the bottom of the bucket

fill up bucket with Perlite until water or nutrients start to come out of the holes and then stop

one just has to make sure the roots have access to the nutrients and then it’s on

Hempy buckets are passive hydro and if I ever go indoor growing , I will go back to Hempy buckets and a modified Lucas Formula feeding system

simple system with outstanding results

Do you set them in water or just water ever so often? How does the seedlings roots get to the water in a 5 gallon bucket if only the bottom 3" has water. I'm very interested in knowing how that works. Sounds cool as hell.

Do you set them in water or just water ever so often?

every so often

its a beautiful system

for one thing , one can NEVER overwater the plants

as soon as the water starts coming out of the bottom holes , stop

depending on how hungry of plants ya got will determine how often one has to water…..about every 2-3 days on average

once those roots find that reservoir of nutrients they take off like crazy

I’ve done side by side with soil and there is no comparison , the Hemp plants are practically twice as big as the soil

old school baby

So the roots won't dry out from a seedling before it gets to the water?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm curious.
In a DWC the moisture keeps the roots wet but since this has no bubbles I was just wondering how the roots stay wet if their in perlite and the roots arnt at the bottom yet.

Latest posts

Back