SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I would just have some ornamental smallish yard plants but these may be my fall tent plants. Or they could surprise me and surge. Either/or. I am growing them for fun. I appreciate @CrashMagnet for turning me on to these. I needed a diversion.
Me too. I’m glad you’re growing them too

I thought I would just have some ornamental smallish yard plants but these may be my fall tent plants. Or they could surprise me and surge. Either/or. I am growing them for fun. I appreciate @CrashMagnet for turning me on to these. I needed a diversion.
Me too. I’m glad you’re growing them too

Yay it’s finally eggplant and pepper season in my garden
C7120E23-045E-4909-8218-5F6814B3B28A.jpeg

Subgirl, what time is dinner? Love fried egg plant and stuffed peppers. Veggies look good.
We are gonna have some fried eggplant tonight. We also eat our share of stuffed peppers. We eat eggplant every week during the season and I bread up the extras for the freezer. I’m a southern Hungarian cook so we use a lot of peppers too. Decided that I would dedicate my two small garden areas at our new place in the city to just peppers and eggplant, well there are two Italian tomato plants snuck in there too. They sell beautiful local veggies at the fruit stand near me including tomatoes so delicious and plenty of neighbors growing zucchini and yellow squash so other veggies are plentiful and I can trade my eggplant with neighbors for some of their extras including fresh eggs 😊 so it’s working out
632D94F5-A4B1-4CB2-A2F4-B37F24CF9CBE.jpeg
882BDF06-3074-4551-A251-FCCA544EFA5E.jpeg

Me too. Some is really bad…I hate when I hear folks say they hate eggplant. They just got a hold of some of the bad stuff for their first try of it…
All right then. I guess I need to try some. I make killer ‘gravy’ and it may make for better eggplant parm. The stuff I have had was very meh…

All right then. I guess I need to try some. I make killer ‘gravy’ and it may make for better eggplant parm. The stuff I have had was very meh…
Size matters when it comes to eggplant imo. The big fat ones are usually full of seeds which are edible but make them mushy in a fried eggplant, you don’t want mushy. The ones with less girth like the Ichiban or the Japanese type that I grow have tiny seeds and don’t get mushy. I even make eggplant fries with them super crispy and even my grandkids eat them that way with ketchup of course.

Size matters when it comes to eggplant imo. The big fat ones are usually full of seeds which are edible but make them mushy in a fried eggplant, you don’t want mushy. The ones with less girth like the Ichiban or the Japanese type that I grow have tiny seeds and don’t get mushy. I even make eggplant fries with them super crispy and even my grandkids eat them that way with ketchup of course.
Good info. I will keep my eyes pealed.

Sub
What do you think the reason for your outside plants revegging is ??
I started them under lights and let them get 4 ft tall before putting them outside. I think that even tho I tried to ease them into Mother Nature by reducing the light cycle and bringing them in and out and getting them adjusted, it was still not mother natures way. I think I would have done better starting them outside right after the seedling stage or not putting them out till mid June when the days are longest.

Latest posts

Back