SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking ok but would Like to see a bit better.

Flower tent racing for trichomes being ripe before the crispy leaves take over. I let them get to big before putting them in the flower tent some of my buds are “L” shaped and like a boomerang shape still pretty fat and dense and sticky and smell great so not all that bad. Maybe two weeks as everyone says… looking forward to trying the new strain in there dosidos when they are ready. They smell wonderful so will see

Veg tent suffering a bit from calmag deficiency as they were looking so good, I only gave them minimum nutes and didn’t start calmag early enough they are recovering now with new growth looking better after a big gulp of calmag and some veg nutes. I did check the PH runoff and it was perfect 6.5 so the calmag and nutes should kick in and save them. I am trying to keep the growth down a bit so they don’t get to big while waiting for the flower tent to be empty for their turn. They are already big enough to fill my flower screen right now.

Outside plants all look super healthy except one is doing a crazy reveg thing growing and stretching like crazy. I’m pretty sure it will clear my rooftop shortly. And it’s wide too. Have been tying the arms um on her as she is getting heavy with buds and weird vegetation All four of my plants have buds and one has thick buds it could be an auto as some have said or it just might be fooled by the shade tree it’s planted under.

my two freaks are getting more node growth but still no speed demon. They have been repotted into their final pots and are taking feeding on the heavier side and calmag. They are tiny but stink to high heaven

will be starting some autos with a light that spider farmer is sending me to try out. Going to do a seed to harvest in the veg tent on auto seeds I have on hand. I’ve been wanting to try autos and this seems as good of a time as any. Looking forward to see how they will do.
will take some pics tomorrow to update my page.

A3BB247A-7EAC-4CB5-9109-C67B0CB66DBB.jpeg

Peppers are very giving this year

yer killing it

try letting some of your jalapeños turn completely red before harvesting

you can thank me later 😁😁
I can’t resist picking them. When I pick them more grow and we tons of them. I usually get some red ones when the newness wears off. I have 6 plants and they are 6’ tall and still growing. Our neighbor and kids love them too so everyone is eating poppers these days
DBED199B-F93E-49C2-92F9-8E873B6B4B61.jpeg

I can’t resist picking them. When I pick them more grow and we tons of them. I usually get some red ones when the newness wears off. I have 6 plants and they are 6’ tall and still growing. Our neighbor and kids love them too so everyone is eating poppers these days
View attachment 304675

holy mackerel!
now that is a table of groceries that some lucky folks will be sitting down to!

and 6’ tall jalapeño plants!?…r u serious!?

are they hot or mild jalapeños?

please send me some seeds?

please take a photo of the jalapeño plants

Just me and the hubs for a couple of nights plus a plate for my mom.

yes my jalopeño plants were big last year too and plentiful. They are planted super close together too about 1 ft apart in my little square foot pepper garden so I’m surprised that they do so well. There are tons of worms in there which probably help.

I would call them mild although if you leave the ribs and seeds in them they have quite a bite. They are to hot for me to eat raw with a sandwich anymore but I love them cooked whole or in poppers and pickled too. I remove the ribs when I take a plate of poppers somewhere as a lot of folks don’t like hot.

I’ll send you some seeds. I think you take them from mature peppers so I’ll save a red one aside for you.

I’ll try and remember to take pics tomorrow. Had planned to update pics today but it’s been raining and I’m getting use to a new puppy. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have time to do that. Thanks for your comments big 😊

Just me and the hubs for a couple of nights plus a plate for my mom.

yes my jalopeño plants were big last year too and plentiful. They are planted super close together too about 1 ft apart in my little square foot pepper garden so I’m surprised that they do so well. There are tons of worms in there which probably help.

I would call them mild although if you leave the ribs and seeds in them they have quite a bite. They are to hot for me to eat raw with a sandwich anymore but I love them cooked whole or in poppers and pickled too. I remove the ribs when I take a plate of poppers somewhere as a lot of folks don’t like hot.

I’ll send you some seeds. I think you take them from mature peppers so I’ll save a red one aside for you.

I’ll try and remember to take pics tomorrow. Had planned to update pics today but it’s been raining and I’m getting use to a new puppy. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have time to do that. Thanks for your comments big 😊

the giant jalapeños will go good with the giant marigolds that another member is sending me!

thank you so much!

the giant jalapeños will go good with the giant marigolds that another member is sending me!

thank you so much!
1BA7D814-99BF-4D9F-A6AE-2871A0B865F2.jpeg

the jalapeño peppers are on the right. They are just over my head actually one about six foot but all still climbing. I will have to put longer stakes for them. The middle section are sweet banana peppers then the left are bell peppers and of course two tomato plants on the end also growing crazier than I expected.
The eggplants are also tall most 5 foot high already loaded down with eggplants. I’m gonna have to restate those as well.
E5FA0112-3A85-443C-8253-B08732676140.jpeg
6DF8C89C-0C9E-444A-8A42-88D2B4B011F5.jpeg

I grow Serrano and Cayenne. Ive got some pepper plants 4yrs old. My Wife has a bad ass machine she makes our own Cayenne Pepper powder. She mixes the two peppers so its no just cayenne. Those serranos are hotter then the cayenne.🤪 I actually let my serranos turn red before i pick them.

yer killing it

try letting some of your jalapeños turn completely red before harvesting

you can thank me later 😁😁
We call the red jalapenos by the name chipotles. You're right, they're good!

Your garden looks fantastic, @SubmarineGirl , and the fruits are just beautiful.

I do jalapenos every single year, and I always feel a bit let down. I've tried starting from seed and from nursery starters and they just never get very big. I've so jealous of your 6fters! Ours seem to always get to 1.5-2ft tall, and put out lots of peppers (always insanely hot!) That are on the smaller side (thumb size, or a little bit bigger). I have been after a variety that grows popper size peppers for several seasons and haven't found it yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back