SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 4 outside girls are packing on little buds and getting taller. One has a lot of reveg going on. The closest to my porch light may have something to do with it but I kinda like the look anyway and it’s gonna grow taller than my house and wide too in a big pot on my porch. Just don’t know what the trim party will be like on that one.

We call the red jalapenos by the name chipotles. You're right, they're good!

Your garden looks fantastic, @SubmarineGirl , and the fruits are just beautiful.

I do jalapenos every single year, and I always feel a bit let down. I've tried starting from seed and from nursery starters and they just never get very big. I've so jealous of your 6fters! Ours seem to always get to 1.5-2ft tall, and put out lots of peppers (always insanely hot!) That are on the smaller side (thumb size, or a little bit bigger). I have been after a variety that grows popper size peppers for several seasons and haven't found it yet.
I can save you som seeds too GMO. You might need my good worm dirt tho to make them 6 feet tall. I never was able to grow some 6 ft peppers till I moved here. The few vegetables I have room for in those two beds grow enormous

my pathetic jalapeño peppers

B3319281-E72D-4A41-BA37-BD53CE542C86.jpeg

F4D0498B-AC5A-4872-B9BB-B2B0927D5CC9.jpeg

I have found that there are different phenos of pepper plants. I have some big Serranos on one plant that has a bigger leaf and some smaller ones on a couple of different plants with smaller leaves. Same with my Cayennes.

https://fruitstand.com/blogs/stories/all-about-serrano-peppers
The Mucho Nacho Jalapeno is one of the large Jalapeno varieties as it grows up to 4 inches long. These peppers start off green and then turn red. I’ve found both colors to be extremely hot.
You’ll find that these chillies tend to be longer and wider than standard Jalapenos, which makes them ideal for stuffing. This is an ideal Jalapeno pepper if you love the heat.

https://growhotpeppers.com/jalapeno-pepper-varieties/

Last edited:
They are not pathetic at all. Like my peppers every year till I moved here. Plenty of peppers on them too. They do love the warm weather so they are probably all digging it there. Maybe Mr Hunt, the Master Gardener who owned this property before me (god rest his soul) put some magic in those two square foot garden beds to make things grow so well. Thank you Mr Hunt for letting me be the caretaker of your soil. 💕

Man-to-man. 54 pages so far, adding this one to my watch list cuz I definitely want to read through it sometime. I can see that you do way more than just bud and I've been thinking of getting a garden going so I'm sure I can learn a lot from this thread.

Taking a little time in the flower tent to get the crispy sugarleaves off my buds that I’m anxiously awaiting for amber. A very sticky job almost like pre wet trimming in place… Found enough amber on one plant although the buds look soso and I don’t expect a lot of yield on that plant. For some reason I’m sure something that I did or didn’t do…😊. Anyway, the tent is not my most proudest grow but will fill a few jars including the new strain dosidos that I will finally soon be able to try. The tent smells super strong the whole room reeked of crazy smells by the time I was done you could start to smell it in the house too. I’ll try to post a quick video clip of the tent…
F739CE4F-53B5-4A3E-ABC5-6CD5D3149116.jpeg

Attachments

• 38B25DEE-7C9F-4448-A747-B49FC4E93107.MOV
    23 MB
The veg tent got a trim today and more calmag and nutes. Hoping to get them on the upswing before their turn into the flower tent. May have to hold them back a bit until they are more healthy before doing that. New growth not showing calmag damage but look hungry. Hoping todays supplements inspire them some
F3ABD182-175F-47C4-8A3D-55E25FBA1D89.jpeg

Man-to-man. 54 pages so far, adding this one to my watch list cuz I definitely want to read through it sometime. I can see that you do way more than just bud and I've been thinking of getting a garden going so I'm sure I can learn a lot from this thread.
There is a lot of ** in the 54 pages I’m sure we get off track sometimes 😊

The freaks are still slow to grow but I’m pushing the nutes to them even a bit harder than I normally would. They still are growing and healthy but slower than @CrashMagnet or @oldfogey8 are. Mine are out in full sun rain and weather And are still hanging on. Might take a while to fill up their pots tho.
View attachment 304783View attachment 304784
Mine slowed down after I topped and up-potted them. They seem like they are starting to get more leaf node growth so maybe it takes them a bit of time to recover. Mine are 6 weeks from seed and not what I am accustomed to.

Decided to pull this problem child out of the flower tent as it is showing a lot of amber on its “so called” buds. A little background, this was a feminized seed which I grew two grows ago and also grew a clone out from my first grow. Both other times growing this plant, it showed beautiful flowers on the buds. This time no flowers at all during the whole flower cycle all four of my plants were exposed to. There do seem to be some buds covered in green under there some are even dense but the total yield will not hold a candle to the last two times I grew it. My tent did go thru some stress as the plants were a bit closer to the lights than I wanted. I turned down the lights to 75% after about 3 weeks into flower for this reason. The other three plants didn’t seem to mind this light and continued to build “actual flowers that I’m use to” and when ready will produce a decent yield like my other grows. I also had a thrip problem early in the flower tent which I had to treat for about 4 weeks before ridding the tent of them. I used Spinosad and lost coast mix for this which did a great job for my first experience with them.

This plant is real sticky but I have some doubts about what the end product will be like.

BE63ADD3-89D7-4B63-91BC-131037D20DC0.jpeg

Decided to pull this problem child out of the flower tent as it is showing a lot of amber on its “so called” buds. A little background, this was a feminized seed which I grew two grows ago and also grew a clone out from my first grow. Both other times growing this plant, it showed beautiful flowers on the buds. This time no flowers at all during the whole flower cycle all four of my plants were exposed to. There do seem to be some buds covered in green under there some are even dense but the total yield will not hold a candle to the last two times I grew it. My tent did go thru some stress as the plants were a bit closer to the lights than I wanted. I turned down the lights to 75% after about 3 weeks into flower for this reason. The other three plants didn’t seem to mind this light and continued to build “actual flowers that I’m use to” and when ready will produce a decent yield like my other grows. I also had a thrip problem early in the flower tent which I had to treat for about 4 weeks before ridding the tent of them. I used Spinosad and lost coast mix for this which did a great job for my first experience with them.

This plant is real sticky but I have some doubts about what the end product will be like.

View attachment 304974

yep , add that all up and it is a recipe for coming up short

but yeah , there is still a lot of ways to still use that plant

what does it smell like when you squeeze it a little?

View attachment 304974
Looks like you use Fiskars pruners. Have you tried Chikamasa sheers for trimming? Smaller tips do it is easier to nip off small sugar leaves.

Latest posts

Back