SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you’re right hippie. I have no idea what they should look like at this point. A couple for sure look like they have potential tho for sure as long as they keep blooming and stretching like they are. I’m thinking that it’s ok to be blooming now right?
Might just be the short grow season Yankee in me, but yeah, it's even better than OK.
I would definitely give those a try , we are not fussy when we trim , no need for bag appeal , heck we used to smoke everything back in the day
Everything but the lumber and seeds.

So I took that plant into the kitchen today cleaned up a few buds to dry and sample. I cut all the leftover buds off the stems and sugar leaf and piled them onto a big pan. My plans were to use that for something else besides smoking. The kitchen was smelling heavy of the freshly cut gorilla glue reefer ready to decarbed or put in the freezer “as is“ when the hubby walked in the kitchen and saw the giant pan of weed. He said I should dry that for smoking just in case it smokes good instead of wasting it on other stuff like edibles tea or tincture. I was looking at the trichomes as he was talking and had more amber and stickiness all over the place. Soooooo, I put it on the drying rack along with the sample buds I had cleaned up for us to try. Who know, he may be right and it will be fine to smoke. He doesn’t really get involved with my hobby except for sampling it and smoking it up. I’m sure he hated to see that pile of weed go to waste in his eyes as we don’t really do the edible thing. May have to break it out for hard times. 😎

Finally topped the two freaks this morning. One is about 24” tall, the other just shy of it. Hopefully they will fill out a bit more. Still seem to be pretty happy but still growing slow. I’m starting to dig their look in their big pots tho…
32CC7392-D25C-46EA-8AFA-AA63A42CD799.jpeg
26CB77F4-0019-4898-94B9-E6233430A6AA.jpeg

Finally topped the two freaks this morning. One is about 24” tall, the other just shy of it. Hopefully they will fill out a bit more. Still seem to be pretty happy but still growing slow. I’m starting to dig their look in their big pots tho…
View attachment 305270View attachment 305271
Did the one in the top picture top itself? One of mine did and has a similar structure with two stems coming off the meristem.

So I’m thinking this is bloom rot but I’ve never seen it personally till now maybe. The plant that started blooming early on already has fat little buds but some have this dead looking vegetation. I broke one off to see inside I took a pic to see what y’all thought.

If it is bloom rot should I jut cut the colas off that have these or is my whole plant a goner?
4BAD5346-19BC-4563-BF77-47C066A8096F.jpeg
2D4806C9-1675-4524-B423-1375C4AF4CA8.jpeg
B23FB4B4-7D1A-4D26-94BF-B5D0A469254D.jpeg

Looks like bud rot to me. I would remove the infected material and try to keep the remaining buds dry. If it is humid there like it is here, that can be challenging…

Also I’ve noticed my outside plants are getting a few yellow leaves. Not a lot and I’ve been trimming them out as I defoliate but didn’t know if this was normal for outside plants. Sometimes we get quite a bit of rain so they don’t have ample time to dry out like my inside plants where I have control of that. Don’t know that over water is the case tho. These outside plants can seem to take more abuse as long as I can keep the bugs off them. I gave them a sip of veg nutes with their flower nutes today to try and get them a bit greener. I’ve only been using bloom nutes for about a month now as all wet in some form of pre bloom and bloom.
I am satisfied with the way they are looking tho except for the one with maybe bloom rot or bug issue. This is a dosidos on my porch.
5B2A1D05-46DC-4052-BE0D-95369A8CA1AD.jpeg

Yes sure looks like it , remove that whole bud its done and then wash scissors in alcohol
Bud rot spreads fast, Trick from now on is not let the buds get wet or shake and blow them dry after rain.
I set up 9 ft deck umbrellas with string tying them down at a few top corners before a storm.
The buds will rot if left wet in humid weather .

I have a 10x10 ft portable cabana that I used years ago to try to fend off the bud rot during an unusually wet October. It worked somewhat but not perfectly. I like Hippy’s leaf blower idea(I think it was @Hippie420). Maybe it was ‘Hopper’s idea. My brain is mush…
I always use my leaf blower after plants get wet , I stated it here a few times in past.

Will remember to blow them off after a rain. For now I’m just shaking the dew off the Lilly for better words…. That plant with the root rot is under my big oak. It doesn’t get the wetness that the other plants do during the rain. Maybe takes longer to dry too because of the shade from the tree. I pulled off about a half gallon container of bud off that plant. Anything that had that brown leaf on it. Hopefully the rest will survive but if it spreads like you say, I may have lost that plant. I guess will see.

Will remember to blow them off after a rain. For now I’m just shaking the dew off the Lilly for better words…. That plant with the root rot is under my big oak. It doesn’t get the wetness that the other plants do during the rain. Maybe takes longer to dry too because of the shade from the tree. I pulled off about a half gallon container of bud off that plant. Anything that had that brown leaf on it. Hopefully the rest will survive but if it spreads like you say, I may have lost that plant. I guess will see.
If you are taking whole buds you must have it bad
I only take the whole bud if is infested with the brown deep down inside the buds
The other bud with just some here and there can be trimmed off , but good chance it may just come back.
Research Bud rot , not much to do to control it is from the buds being to wet all the time.

If you are taking whole buds you must have it bad
I only take the whole bud if is infested with the brown deep down inside the buds
The other bud with just some here and there can be trimmed off , but good chance it may just come back.
Research Bud rot , not much to do to control it is from the buds being to wet all the time.
I just cut the buds off that had the brown spots on them. Some of the newer buds on top were not damaged so I left them even left some partial buds after removing part of them but I will watch the whole thing for more was surprised how big the buds on that plant were. It had a 3 week head start when it started blooming as soon as I put it outside.

Latest posts

Back