SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried both. Withholding water never changed anything except stressing the plant.
What will help add to the heat and taste is let it turn red before you harvest the peppers.
My peppers will kick that ass. My Wife is Hispanic so I love hot sauce and peppers. We make our own Cheyenne Pepper powder.

Here is my tree that’s keeps growing
Wow, that’s really cool. I guess you bring it in every year? That may be true. My peppers get random water from Mother Nature and a squirt from the garden hose when she doesn’t provide Lucky they enjoy steaming hot weather. We have had unusually hot summer. My eggplant patch is already showing signs of the end of season way to early. Our peppers are not extremely hot but still to hot for some of my friends. I remove the ribs and seeds when I make poppers for my weak guests 😊

I've tried both. Withholding water never changed anything except stressing the plant.
What will help add to the heat and taste is let it turn red before you harvest the peppers.
My peppers will kick that ass. My Wife is Hispanic so I love hot sauce and peppers. We make our own Cheyenne Pepper powder.
Them Cheyenne peppers are to hot for me.

Thank you Weedhopper for the input. I knew this was all in my head it being hotter. Plus ya I didn’t let the soil go dry again as my pepper plant was suffering. How funny I was going to say when the pepper stays on longer as it turns purple to red it is hotter and little flavorful. How weird jalapeños are normally picked not fully ripe. Weedhopper that sounds radical Cheyenne pepper powder. I would love to try that. Thanks

Had to cage my peppers from the chickens. The ate all my big jim chillies. Finally got to eat one tonight. Man was it sweet with heat. Just wont have enough to put in the freezer this year. Still have a few left from last year and a lot of seed. Next year we will plant enough for us and the chickens too...lol

I am a little weird. This is my favorite plant and is really lovable. Both are called polka dot plants. They are 6 years old and grow really nice colorful leaves. I believe they are 8 different varieties from what I read. The pink one is called pink brocade and the red one is called darker rose spots. Simple to take care of and at the end of their cycle produce seeds. I wait till their over ripe then plants dye and you cut them back and all you have is just at the trunk dead look stems. Then when spring comes they appear again. Amazing. Around them are all the babies that I will pick out the best and put in cups and give them away. I love these plants they hum back to me. I hear them talk. Call me weird but my heart know. I love you all and you all make my day. Sharing each other’s passion and being funny and stupid but loving as one.

Attachments

• B2BE582A-A8A4-4009-ADF7-332BB7627A53.jpeg
    B2BE582A-A8A4-4009-ADF7-332BB7627A53.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 33A428BA-E3C8-4567-99C6-20BB6A061C15.jpeg
    33A428BA-E3C8-4567-99C6-20BB6A061C15.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 4A19CF8D-4271-46AB-BE30-0F38801B5811.jpeg
    4A19CF8D-4271-46AB-BE30-0F38801B5811.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Yes I see why you love them I really know very little about flowers but moved into a house where the previous owner loved every flower so every week I get another surprise that pops up randomly in my yard and flowerbeds. I had a giant vegetable garden at my old place but a tiny one here. I’ve been really kinda digging growing weed too. Glad you are hanging out with us 💕

Here is one of my propagated cutting from my darker red spot polka dot. Super easy but most of all they just want to live and bring color and so do I

Attachments

• 18E113DC-D9D0-46A8-9E15-469B798255B0.jpeg
    18E113DC-D9D0-46A8-9E15-469B798255B0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 0B0B4E2E-B649-48E9-A806-75E2397A31FA.jpeg
    0B0B4E2E-B649-48E9-A806-75E2397A31FA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • F1ABC44D-F1FA-447F-8B65-1B54216F3ECF.jpeg
    F1ABC44D-F1FA-447F-8B65-1B54216F3ECF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
hmmm, you hear your plants hum, like a frequency kinda thing...you'd overload here at my place...bamboo is always clinking when we get a breeze, the rooster is on steroids and crows 24/7, and the hogs grunt to me all the time...earlene is not as gunshy as she was and turbo is beyond 300 lbs... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back