SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am doing some research on rot resistant plants grown in north Cali
Seems they deal with the same conditions and do very large grows there and beat the Rot. Most likely a good resistant seed strain

look at the coastal growers in Oregon and Washington too

i have a friend in Mendo and I’ll ask him in an email what is a good mold resistant strandivar

Yep Take way to long where I am
Start 'em inside in December/January. Keep 'em under constant or close light. When you put 'em out in the spring, they'll be big and start to go into flower mode. Worked for me.

Start 'em inside in December/January. Keep 'em under constant or close light. When you put 'em out in the spring, they'll be big and start to go into flower mode. Worked for me.
Never tried that
So do 24 hrs of light and then put them out so the plants think this is less sunlight and go into flower??
Won't they re veg like a few here have already had happen

Gonna try and be more proactive next year roster. I’m sure we will have heat and humidity again
Subgirl - I was clobbered by WPM last year. I tried everything. I finally got it under control with Potassium Bicarb, and I put a cheap oscillating fan from Lowes on the plants 24/7 for most of August through harvest in October. It seemed to keep the WPM at bay. When the September rains came, I put the plants under a 10 x 10 popup. They were a little too tall, but at least they didn't get saturated every day for a week.

Three times this season I noticed a little WPM, sprayed with 50/50 agrowlyte/water, and BOOM! Stuff works. Ain't cheap, but small-time farmers like you and me can justify it. I kept the fan going too.

BTW, I got a little sprayer like this. Ideal for small batches of spinosad, pyganic, agrowlyte solution, etc.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Project-Source-0-396-Gallon-Plastic-Tank-Sprayer/3711310

Subgirl - I was clobbered by WPM last year. I tried everything. I finally got it under control with Potassium Bicarb, and I put a cheap oscillating fan from Lowes on the plants 24/7 for most of August through harvest in October. It seemed to keep the WPM at bay. When the September rains came, I put the plants under a 10 x 10 popup. They were a little too tall, but at least they didn't get saturated every day for a week.

Three times this season I noticed a little WPM, sprayed with 50/50 agrowlyte/water, and BOOM! Stuff works. Ain't cheap, but small-time farmers like you and me can justify it. I kept the fan going too.

BTW, I got a little sprayer like this. Ideal for small batches of spinosad, pyganic, agrowlyte solution, etc.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Project-Source-0-396-Gallon-Plastic-Tank-Sprayer/3711310
I purchased this atomizer for 29 bucks used 200 ml of agrowlyte in a 800 ml bottle of water a 4 to 1 ratio. srayed sprayed 13 plants and havent seen PM yet and no signs of bud rot. That sprayer has a blue light and the PM shows up like a dear in the headlights, small dots are brite white. The shit works. https://www.amazon.com/Latest-Sprayer-Wireless-Atomizer-Fogger/dp/B0969VY44T/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=FBLWIWEVWUTU&keywords=atomizer+sprayer&qid=1663790509&s=industrial&sprefix=,industrial,115&sr=1-2-spons&smid=A2J1HRRBRZAXL9&th=1

Never tried that
So do 24 hrs of light and then put them out so the plants think this is less sunlight and go into flower??
Won't they re veg like a few here have already had happen
In my experience, no. The only time I think you'd have a problem with them revegging is if you had 'em under less hours of light indoors as to what you've got outdoors. I honestly veg my plants on 24 hour light and never less than 18. To explain, if I'm vegging under my T8's, it's 24. It saves the life of the bulbs. Starting is what wears 'em out, not burn time. If I move 'em into the grow room for a scrog, I'll veg 'em at 18/6 under MH 'til I get 'em the size I want, then I switch bulbs to HPS and 12/12. If they're not flowering quickly enough (some strains are slow) I've even cut 'em back to 10/14, but that only happened with a Black Vietnamese strain. Most all of them liked 12/12.

I purchased this atomizer for 29 bucks used 200 ml of agrowlyte in a 800 ml bottle of water a 4 to 1 ratio. srayed sprayed 13 plants and havent seen PM yet and no signs of bud rot. That sprayer has a blue light and the PM shows up like a dear in the headlights, small dots are brite white. The shit works. https://www.amazon.com/Latest-Sprayer-Wireless-Atomizer-Fogger/dp/B0969VY44T/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=FBLWIWEVWUTU&keywords=atomizer+sprayer&qid=1663790509&s=industrial&sprefix=,industrial,115&sr=1-2-spons&smid=A2J1HRRBRZAXL9&th=1

Have they done studies on the safety of use of this on cannabis plants and how far up to harvest can it be applied safely?
Interesting

Yep. When they come from constant light and go outside into mother natures schedule they think it's flower time because they are getting a long dark period.
I've done it many times.

Yep. When they come from constant light and go outside into mother natures schedule they think it's flower time because they are getting a long dark period.
I've done it many times.

yep

we have done that and harvested July 1

then we harvested an early light dep tunnel

and then we harvested our regular outdoor crop

3 outdoor harvests in one year

I've done it many times.
Mine re-vegged when I adjusted the light to the same as outside. Mother Nature knows the difference between those LEDs and the real sun. Gonna still get mine big before putting them out but will wait and put them out later next year.

Please let me and the rest know would be very interested if this has some merit to it
OK I've got an E mail back with a safety data sheet. I'm not going to post it BC I'm just not siure if I can. So how can I get it to you folks? I'm Sure you folks have my e mail address, let me know.

OK I've got an E mail back with a safety data sheet. I'm not going to post it BC I'm just not siure if I can. So how can I get it to you folks? I'm Sure you folks have my e mail address, let me know.
Can you PM it to me
Open the file and copy it and then PM me and paste it in the response field

Latest posts

Back