SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we are looking into all options and considering the age too. The was the third guy we called but he came with good recommendations. our boiler was converted I think from oil. We won’t know anything till Monday. We can just snuggle till then for warmth 🥰
Mine was over 30 years old, but they wanted to sell me a new one so they wouldn't work on the old one. I didn't figure the Old Hen would want to keep up on the maintenance on it, and I didn't want to risk leaving her in the cold in case I wasn't around anymore. Blew 9K on the new one, but if it's near as efficient as they claimed it is, it'll pay for itself in ten years or less.

We have gas hot water baseboard heating. It keeps the house warm but it’s pricey paying that gas bill in the winter. If we could reduce our gas bill, it may be worth it…
We have a boiler with baseboard heating too, but ours is still an oil burner.

My oldie was gas and the new one is, too. I'm curious as to how I could convert it over to electric if the powers that be do their woke crap for real. I've already got an electric hot water heater, so I imagine something could be rigged. I'd also be tempted to use and outdoor wood burner with a recirc pump. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Good to see ya, Papa!
Thank you brother!
We used to have what was basically just a holding tank hot water "heater" that was heated by the boiler. 2-3 years ago we swapped that out for an electric that was supposed to be super efficient. Seems like it is pretty efficient but, I almost always wish there was more hot water when I take a shower but, I like hot showers, (although I never get them these days), and it takes me a long time in there because of my condition. Hard to move quick doing anything.
Real glad we're not burning oil to heat our water anymore anyway!

Thank you brother!
We used to have what was basically just a holding tank hot water "heater" that was heated by the boiler. 2-3 years ago we swapped that out for an electric that was supposed to be super efficient. Seems like it is pretty efficient but, I almost always wish there was more hot water when I take a shower but, I like hot showers, (although I never get them these days), and it takes me a long time in there because of my condition. Hard to move quick doing anything.
Real glad we're not burning oil to heat our water anymore anyway!
Yep those oil furnaces had a built in coil that heated and fed new water to the hot water storage tank for use to shower and wash dishes etc... I converted when I moved into my home 35 yrs ago and went from an old oil heater to a new system of oil, I installed myself a efficient oil burner for baseboard and a seperate Hot water heater (oil fired) next to the furnace which had it's own burner gun.
About 10 yrs ago we converted to gas when Oil sky rocketed, best thing we did SAVED Mucho Dinero.
But now who knows what these sick bastards will do.

My oldie was gas and the new one is, too. I'm curious as to how I could convert it over to electric if the powers that be do their woke crap for real. I've already got an electric hot water heater, so I imagine something could be rigged. I'd also be tempted to use and outdoor wood burner with a recirc pump. Hope it doesn't come to that.
We thought since the gas was suppose to be more efficient we would have less of a bill than with our electric system we had in Georgia but some months in the winter here the gas bill will break the bank. I do think the house is nice and warm more so than our old system. We asked our heating guy yesterday about it. He advised against it and said the gas was much more efficient

Just a note to my garden page to remind myself that the furnace broke in my house. We are without heat for a few days my tents are running around 55F Daytime temps Had to shut down the banana TK tent for a while so it wouldn’t stink up the room the room while the guys did rip out of the old furnace I kept both fans and the light running but turned the exhaust fan to bare minimum And closed the inlet flaps to keep the smell down. Also stuffed a towel in the exhaust I normally have going out the window while the workers were here. This only brought the humidity WAY up so now that they are gone I’m venting to the garage thru the doorway, opened the inlet flaps on the bottom of the tent back up. It’s drying out pretty quick now but I need to do something again tomorrow as they will be back for the install.

on a side note, getting some pretty nice flowers in that TK tent😊
430A00C5-DAA9-40FE-8CEF-1BB3FEF29FE3.jpeg

Just a note to my garden page to remind myself that the furnace broke in my house. We are without heat for a few days my tents are running around 55F Daytime temps Had to shut down the banana TK tent for a while so it wouldn’t stink up the room the room while the guys did rip out of the old furnace I kept both fans and the light running but turned the exhaust fan to bare minimum And closed the inlet flaps to keep the smell down. Also stuffed a towel in the exhaust I normally have going out the window while the workers were here. This only brought the humidity WAY up so now that they are gone I’m venting to the garage thru the doorway, opened the inlet flaps on the bottom of the tent back up. It’s drying out pretty quick now but I need to do something again tomorrow as they will be back for the install.

on a side note, getting some pretty nice flowers in that TK tent😊View attachment 318864
Nice Job🥳....i See Tips are starting, By looking at the pistils 3-4 weeks left?...Heads Up ..Mid 40's are ok for a couple of days anything lower i think you would be pressing it. If temps get to low to long the high you get will be dull!!🙃

Nice Job🥳....i See Tips are starting, By looking at the pistils 3-4 weeks left?...Heads Up ..Mid 40's are ok for a couple of days anything lower i think you would be pressing it. If temps get to low to long the high you get will be dull!!🙃
Probably 6-8 weeks if it’s like my other grows taking 10 week ish. I’m hoping that the workers are finished tomorrow as it’s going into the 20s here and I might be close to the 40s in the unheated house. Thanx for your comments 🥰

My Banana TK tent took some abuse due to the workers putting in our new furnace taking days. My humidity went up to 75% most days while they were here. It’s running at 52% now but I need to work out the leaves that have been damaged to one of the plants during this whole thing. I think she will be ok tho as this has been so far a healthy tent.
Plan to move the tent back and vent out my window which will bring the humidity down a bit more and hopefully they will get that relaxing feeling we all get when we get home from vacation.
E6821E78-F43B-4C06-9D8B-159BC4A26426.jpeg

Latest posts

Back