SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it smell anything like bananas in there?
no bananas but definitely a smelly strain. It’s almost ready and smelling up the outside thru the little window beside our garage door. Nobody uses this door except us and walking thru that smell is crazy on the way in
It won’t be my biggest grow but still some nice buds on the plants that I’m looking forward to trying. Also no real problems with these plants grow wise either except for not having heat for a week and a half which they recovers from excellently. I am attributing that to the goat and monkey stock that was gifted to me by @boo.
C11EE5CB-B411-403E-9E55-9EEEFFF874D6.jpeg

the stinky window

F505D26E-2A92-4673-8473-5ABBAD4E84C2.jpeg

no bananas but definitely a smelly strain. It’s almost ready and smelling up the outside thru the little window beside our garage door. Nobody uses this door except us and walking thru that smell is crazy on the way in
It won’t be my biggest grow but still some nice buds on the plants that I’m looking forward to trying. Also no real problems with these plants grow wise either except for not having heat for a week and a half which they recovers from excellently. I am attributing that to the goat and monkey stock that was gifted to me by @boo.
View attachment 321743

the stinky window

View attachment 321744

georgeous!

99FBFE01-E011-401A-9713-46E6E784BF63.jpeg

1CD5CF17-5FE0-4919-B34A-982D8C986CDF.jpeg

SG , a friend of mine is also growing the Banana TK

here is a shot of his girl

View attachment 322089
I’m so glad you posted this big. It looks a lot like mine right? I’m trimming the first one now. The buds are nice and heavy too and the smell is over the top. Gonna be hard to find one that smells better I think… tell your friend that I think his plant looks just right and I think he’s gonna be really happy ✌️
FE41DAE4-1FA5-49BF-ADDC-F28B7C4166D3.jpeg

I’m gonna make some smaller clones. I have 6-2ft high clones of these plants. i already have my next garden planned but will plant one as an outside plant this year along with the seeds you gave me for outside. I know I can find homes for the rest come planting time. Perhaps I’ll get samples back at harvest time again😎

I’m so glad you posted this big. It looks a lot like mine right? I’m trimming the first one now. The buds are nice and heavy too and the smell is over the top. Gonna be hard to find one that smells better I think… tell your friend that I think his plant looks just right and I think he’s gonna be really happy ✌️
View attachment 322110
I’m gonna make some smaller clones. I have 6-2ft high clones of these plants. i already have my next garden planned but will plant one as an outside plant this year along with the seeds you gave me for outside. I know I can find homes for the rest come planting time. Perhaps I’ll get samples back at harvest time again😎

yep yep , one of the reasons why i sent the photo , the resemblance

that is good , knowing this strandivar is stable

i just want to stick my entire face in that platter of herbs and breath deeply

i predict that ya all will love the smoke

edit : oh yeah , the grower that posted the photo? ….

he is a veteran ganja farmer with over 20 years experience and runs a dispensary

you did good

yep yep , one of the reasons why i sent the photo , the resemblance

that is good , knowing this strandivar is stable

i just want to stick my entire face in that platter of herbs and breath deeply

i predict that ya all will love the smoke

edit : oh yeah , the grower that posted the photo? ….

he is a veteran ganja farmer with over 20 years experience and runs a dispensary

you did good
Thanx for your kind words big. 💕

some heavy hitters in there

now where is the popcorn?
You didn’t get my popcorn report. I broke it up in little buds and put it about 4” under my heat mat for my seedlings. The next day it was dry enough to roll in a Marley. Nice taste, no coughing I was surprised and decent buzz too but it dried more than I liked under there so I’m ready to try it again. That bag of trim and popcorn buds I may have to dig in and I’m sure there are some dry enough to try again. 😁

I’m like you Pute, I have to lower my sink water from just around 7.0 to around 6.5 every time I water. It seems now that if I would use my sink water at 7.0 ish, it should take care of the problem. I’ve never been one to measure runoff but now that I’m measuring it I’m surprised it’s low.
I’m starting to wonder is it the FF happy frog. That soil gets right with your pocketbook too but I switched from ocean forest soil after everyone complained it was burning up their plants. I never had a problem with that so I probably shouldn’t have switched over to the happy frog. I don’t use a lot of nutes or additives and depend on that good soil to provide nutes to my plants between transplants. I do use fox farm nutes but don’t go crazy with them just feeding the last few weeks of veg and thru flower. I also add cal mag every other water. I will add perlite to the bottom and top of the soil tho that’s a good tip as I do wonder if the roots are soggy down there. Also I’m going back to the 5 gallon plastic nursery pots as I’m not sure how much I’m loving the cloth pots. They do seem to work ok outside tho. Maybe I will put a little dirt in first then a layer of perlite so the perlite don’t leach into my drain pan. Thanks for the perlite tip
Older thread I know, but I he have been having what I thought were simple ph shifts.

I also used FF soils, frogg and the Ocean Forest. I had ratty platinum GSC do the same crispy thing. Like you, I powered through and actually got a good yield of good pot.

Recently I posted PH related threads and after much back and forth came to the conclusion that it is the FF soil. I have had excellent results some times and sometimes not. I measured run off and so forth like you did with similar things happening.

The final cure was I realized the FF just is not always a consistent product. One bag worked, one bag wouldn't.

I started collecting all the parts to duplicate gmo's areoponic tote, and will build it, but first tried semi hydro with Promix. Got this info from pute, who also uses AN nutes along with Promix.

I am not looking back! PH probs vaporized, garden back lush and green. I am a promix convert.

Bubba

You didn’t get my popcorn report. I broke it up in little buds and put it about 4” under my heat mat for my seedlings. The next day it was dry enough to roll in a Marley. Nice taste, no coughing I was surprised and decent buzz too but it dried more than I liked under there so I’m ready to try it again. That bag of trim and popcorn buds I may have to dig in and I’m sure there are some dry enough to try again. 😁

hahahhahhaa!…..no , i meant i need to pull up a chair and watch your show on this next run….my bad

but yeah , i will have to hunt down that Banana Kush and try it out

View attachment 321743

the stinky window

View attachment 321744

Beautiful SubG. Enjoy

Older thread I know, but I he have been having what I thought were simple ph shifts.

I also used FF soils, frogg and the Ocean Forest. I had ratty platinum GSC do the same crispy thing. Like you, I powered through and actually got a good yield of good pot.

Recently I posted PH related threads and after much back and forth came to the conclusion that it is the FF soil. I have had excellent results some times and sometimes not. I measured run off and so forth like you did with similar things happening.

The final cure was I realized the FF just is not always a consistent product. One bag worked, one bag wouldn't.

I started collecting all the parts to duplicate gmo's areoponic tote, and will build it, but first tried semi hydro with Promix. Got this info from pute, who also uses AN nutes along with Promix.

I am not looking back! PH probs vaporized, garden back lush and green. I am a promix convert.

Bubba
Promix was not sold here locally so I tried my local greenhouse version. Was a real mistake as I got thrips, gnats as well as other nature problems. i didn’t use the Promix tho
the last three grows have been near perfect with not even a gnat. I’ve been using the FF strawberry soil. I’m getting ready to buy more tomorrow to transplant all my new seedlings in.
I’ve also used the oven and frog soil by FF with not near the results. My PH has been good too but don’t know if it’s all been just good luck 😊

So letting my tent plants veg out to long without topping them much before putting them in the flower tent has caused me problems with the height available to finish up. The plants are in their 2nd week of flower and are doing the stretch thing now in these conditions. Everything is squashed down between two nets above the lollipoped bottoms. I’ve got a real mess with supercropping bending rearranging the canopy. I defoliate every time I check the tent and try to let all the stretching tops see the light. I would like to move the filter to the bottom of the tent and move the vent fan closer to the back to give me another 8-10” more light space. My question is will the filter still work if I put it in the lollipop area as well as it does at the top of the tent? All reading says it works best at the top but I can’t see why it wouldn’t work places lower in the tent and I’m gonna need the space upstairs. I don’t plan to leave it this way but have to compensate for my mistake somehow.
View attachment 300051
Take the fan and filter out of the tent. Take your top exhaust tube and direct it into the in of the fan, stand fan on top of filter on the floor outside of tent.

My 4x4 uses 2 long skinny mars hydro sp 3000 running the same direction as fan and filter, a honking 8 inch infinity. It is inside at top of tent. Since the lights are long and skinny, they can be beside the fan/filter, as close to tent top that is safe.

In The 2x4, I typically use the on floor out side of tent. That tent also has mars hydro sp-3000, so it to can be side saddle at top with the 6 inch fan/filter.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back