SubGirl’s grow with new Spider Farmer SF-2000 light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
So I was excited to open the email from Spider Farmer with an offer to give their SF-2000 LED light a free test run. I agreed to do a seed to harvest test under their sweet new light that they are currently packing up to ship to me. They are even sending me a Spider Farmer 6” exhaust fan to boot. I told them that I would have a tent empty in a couple of weeks so the timing should be perfect.

As I wait for my trichomes to ripen in the flower tent, I get to choose some new seeds for the trial. I was thinking about trying out auto-flower seeds as I have a few to try out in my stash and have never grown autos before. This might be a good time to try them and the new light together.

I know nothing about the auto seeds I have so I will have to look them up. I will also have to check out our local auto experts threads for help. This is what I have for autos. They came as freebies twenty20 from North Atlantic seed company with my last order with them. They are not marked feminized so that will be something else new for me. There are only 7 seeds total so I guess I would have to plant all of them in hopes to get enough females to fill the tent which is only 2x4

Whiskey Zulu F3

Trizkit F2

White widow Auto

Knows candy F1 auto

I do have a few other non auto seeds to choose from (thanks to some good friends) also not feminized if these auto seeds don’t sound good. So are any of y’all familiar with these auto seeds?

Looking forward to testing out the new light and the new grow too 😊

awesome!

I will be vatching and vaiting for results cause I need to upgrade my lights and go from HPS to leds

sorry but I know nothing about autos , tried to grow them like 10 years ago , gave up , sent my seeds to Carty and the rest is history

cheers!

1658837325383.png

Spider Farmer picked a great candidate as a tester as you have great gardening skills, an attention to detail and keep good records. I would suggest running at least one plant that you have run before and have results for that strandivar(@bigsur51). It would be good to see how the new light compares with your old light. SF may prefer that as they likely want to show their lights strengths vs other vendors. Doing that may encourage them to use you as a marketing rep for future new lights as well.

awesome!

I will be vatching and vaiting for results cause I need to upgrade my lights and go from HPS to leds

sorry but I know nothing about autos , tried to grow them like 10 years ago , gave up , sent my seeds to Carty and the rest is history

cheers!
I guess I’m not sure yet on the autos. I’ve read that they have gotten better since autos came out by mixing them with photoperiods to get better weed and yields. My plan was to grow something really stinky this next grow. I do have three beautiful clones I took from the Josie plant before putting it outside ready for the flower tent. This plant is from the seeds you gave me and although I haven’t tried it yet, both the outside plant and the new clones are putting off some great skunky smells and are showing great potential so that may help to have on the back burner. These are the clones ready for the flower tent in a couple of weeks. I love how they look. I’ve been trying to keep their grow slow so they don’t overtake the tent before I can get a net over them. They did have their first serving of cal mag yesterday.
765EDE80-8188-4E46-8A81-E17107DFE0B0.jpeg

I’m sure CartMan will have some suggestions and tips on those autos

man your clones sure look healthy!…good job!

it is a lot of fun evaluating cannabis from seed to harvest to consumption

we are looking forward to some R&D on about 10 different strandivars this fall!

always something to do!

I’m sure CartMan will have some suggestions and tips on those autos

man your clones sure look healthy!…good job!

it is a lot of fun evaluating cannabis from seed to harvest to consumption

we are looking forward to some R&D on about 10 different strandivars this fall!

always something to do!
Thanks big but those clones and their mother plant are the healthiest plants I’ve grown to date. (Nothing to do with me I’m sure) They are also the thirstiest plants I’ve ever seen. They want water every day. I water them until I get a little runoff and the next day the pots are light again wanting more. I’ve not given them nutes except one time as I’m trying to keep them at bay till I can spread them under the net in the flower tent. (Two more weeks haha) They will be ready to change to 12/12 soon after I get them in there I’m sure as I usually try to get a full screen before doing that and they are not to far from filling the screen already. I think they may be my best and prettiest grow yet. I wont be able to try any till the outside plant is ready tho..

I had some extra funds when they first started throwing out their spider farmer boards and I was so early grabbing the first SF 2000s that they came without dimmers. The second two that I grabbed had the dimmers and the plugins where you can daisy chain them which is pretty cool you'll have to experiment in that space with your dimmer because it was my experience but they're so powerful this new LED technology that you can almost keep them 18 inches away with ease. I can't wait to see what you do with them

Attachments

• IMG_20201118_094241.jpg
    IMG_20201118_094241.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200914_091440.jpg
    IMG_20200914_091440.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200914_091443.jpg
    IMG_20200914_091443.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back