SubGirl’s grow with new Spider Farmer SF-2000 light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The spider farmer lights are well worth the money. They have sales on occasion and if you shop you can find a pretty good deal on them. This is not my first SpiderFarmer light. I’ve been running one for over a year now thru several grows and am amazed by them still.
I bet thet are, I'm just very happy with my change is all.

Ok so I thought I had my grow going good enough to spen one night away…
fed plants 4 days ago (veg nutes and calmag)
defoliated 3 days ago
watered two days ago
found some leaves looking like this. Removed some as they were covering bud sites. maybe to much nutes? As i was using preloaded dirt, that’s all I can think of. I did have to ph up the last water to bring my runoff to 6.5 but nothing super high…

All kinds of new bud sites since I topped them last week. New growth is still looking good. These are on the mature leaves.
9E335EFF-34C8-41C0-AD13-DA68329D12C9.jpeg
9692AC2C-5782-421F-9572-86E7F24668DF.jpeg
E67BA1F2-FD12-40C0-931A-50AD90FB7CF0.jpeg
9C992C56-12A4-4598-B775-92EB08CFEDB9.jpeg

Light looks a lil close
18” from tallest plant. They are not hot lights but they are brite. Maybe I could back off some. I’ll try at least over night to raise them a bit. It may have something to do with defoliating. I know autos are suppose to be sensitive to it but some big leaves were covering quality bud sites so I did it.

I’m far from an expert on pH but it could be a pH problem. From what I have read, pH affects older leaves first and I think 6.5 is ok but was your water or nute solution a fair amount higher than 6.5? Again, I don’t know a lot about pH as I don’t check mine(I am lucky I have good municipal water I think). The new growth and the plants in general look great. You would be pinching off the lower leaves anyway.

Well I was getting a runoff of 5.2 two waterings ago so I started upping what went in so my nutes would take at 6.5. Maybe the higher in hurt the plant? Not sure but I had to raise it before I had a Calmag issue as calmag won’t enter that zone. I’m not to worried as the new growth is very abundant and promising. I’ll be plucking those ugly leaves off a few at a time. Funny two of them do not have flat leave and tended to hug the new buds. I thought they were just providing to much shade so I removed the although the look was cool

defoliated 3 days ago
watered two days ago
found some leaves looking like this. Removed some as they were covering bud sites. maybe to much nutes? As i was using preloaded dirt, that’s all I can think of. I did have to ph up the last water to bring my runoff to 6.5 but nothing super high…

All kinds of new bud sites since I topped them last week. New growth is still looking good. These are on the mature leaves.
View attachment 308816View attachment 308817View attachment 308818View attachment 308819
I am most liklely wrong but could it be LED light burn? Cannabis Leaf Symptoms & Plant Problems | Marijuana Nutrient Deficiencies | Grow Weed Easy I mean you can be at the beach for a few hours when it's 68 degrees and still get a burn, I think.

Looks like PH changes to me. That is unless your soil and nutes are completely devoid of boron. If you had to adjust PH to get run off up, when was the last time you calibrated your PH meter?
I need to do that crash maybe a year ago. Will check that for sure. Need to get some good water to do it.

Haven’t had the chance to get distilled water to check my PH pen but the tent looked better this morning instead of worse so I’m good for now. Have been enjoying plants with 9 and 11 leaves. I have not grown a strain with more than 7 leaves so far. Pulled off a few more ugly leaves this morning when I checked the tent no ugliness on the new growth yet so I’m hoping whatever went on here has stopped. I’m expecting my PH pen to be off because it does appear to be PH related but my readings have been good according to the pen anyway…
24B84158-0ECE-440F-8365-0D754D2EB5E7.jpeg
BEEF5535-D22A-4C77-9DAA-44976DB3EF46.jpeg

defoliated 3 days ago
watered two days ago

View attachment 308816View attachment 308817View attachment 308818View attachment 308819
I see Clawing Have you tried backing down on the Nitrogen (grow) a bit?

I see Clawing Have you tried backing down on the Nitrogen (grow) a bit?
This is the first time I ever used nutes so early in the grow when using preloaded soil. Carty actually starts nutes earlier than I did and I worried if I would get nute burn from it. They have only had veg nutes twice as I’ve been going with the water, water, nute method. The clawing was only on two of the plants the ones with 11 leaves. They may just grow like that…The new growth is not doing that yet but may as the leaves get bigger

My opinion.....
Overfed (too much N)
pH issues
Need to up calmag
Gonna back off the nutes. I was worried about that before giving them any so early anyway. Will add plain calmag water for a few waterings and check my pen. Thanks gmo.
hey I have your jalapeño seeds ready to mail to you. I sent you a message but you are so popular it’s probably got lost in your mailbox. Send me an addy and I’ll put them in the mail.

Our kids are home from the doc so we got relieved from keeping the grandkids for a while anyway. I had some time to take each auto out of the tent and personally tend to them. I finished the defoliating on them cleaning up the bottoms and giant fan leaves and any fan leaves blocking bud sites just like I would my photoperiods. Ive read and heard that defoliating these plants are risky but I couldn’t leave all those leaves. I won’t do it again tho unless it’s just a yellow leaf as two have already started blooming. All five are females I did verify that so this grow along with my friends here in MP have taught me how to sex plants at least. After inspecting all the plants carefully I do suspect that using the preloaded soil along with FF veg nutes caused most of my problems. I watered with 6.5 water using my pen and only used calmag in my mix. I’m gonna give the nutes a break for a bit. I haven’t recalibrated my pen yet but feel that it’s at least not far off as my sink water is still measuring 7.3 which is about where it always is but still plan to recalibrate it as it’s been to long without doing it. So they look pretty much opened up for the SpiderFarmer light to do it’s thing. I guess when I do start giving nutes again I’ll have to start with flower nutes now that two of them at least are in flower. (Or maybe not? Anyone want to chime in with auto experience I’m all ears)
1305C8EE-3974-4D6E-AE42-2901AF1E45CF.jpeg
CEC06A67-6309-48D9-857B-8CE78B256FEE.jpeg

plants look good

i agree with you on the hot soil , preloaded mix plus FF nutes plus cal mag is to much

if ya ever wanna do something fun use something like ProMix HP with mycorrhizae , it has zero nutes and then design and add your own nutrients , like worm castings , bat and bird guano , fish ferts , or your favorite line of nutrients

always keep in mind that different genetics in plants require different nutrients , some are nitrogen hogs , others turn yellow just looking at cal mag

thats the fun part , dialing in a customized feeding regimen for your plant

and then it’s fun finding a general recipe that is good and healthy for all genetics

outdoors in the ground presents a host of other issues and I am still learning about the soil plant relationship

i have some issues in my garden now but not enough to get me excited , have a big branch that is turning yellow , it’s not fusarium and I can’t see any damage to the branch

i also have 3-4 plants that are nitrogen hogs and I can’t get them out of the lime green color to a darker green but they are chugging along

so yeah , there is a learning curve growing cannabis and it’s always fun to talk shop with other growers

Our kids are home from the doc so we got relieved from keeping the grandkids for a while anyway. I had some time to take each auto out of the tent and personally tend to them. I finished the defoliating on them cleaning up the bottoms and giant fan leaves and any fan leaves blocking bud sites just like I would my photoperiods. Ive read and heard that defoliating these plants are risky but I couldn’t leave all those leaves. I won’t do it again tho unless it’s just a yellow leaf as two have already started blooming. All five are females I did verify that so this grow along with my friends here in MP have taught me how to sex plants at least. After inspecting all the plants carefully I do suspect that using the preloaded soil along with FF veg nutes caused most of my problems. I watered with 6.5 water using my pen and only used calmag in my mix. I’m gonna give the nutes a break for a bit. I haven’t recalibrated my pen yet but feel that it’s at least not far off as my sink water is still measuring 7.3 which is about where it always is but still plan to recalibrate it as it’s been to long without doing it. So they look pretty much opened up for the SpiderFarmer light to do it’s thing. I guess when I do start giving nutes again I’ll have to start with flower nutes now that two of them at least are in flower. (Or maybe not? Anyone want to chime in with auto experience I’m all ears)
View attachment 308919View attachment 308920
The only thing I could say is I don't trust the town ph, i always ck the Ph before I do any thing and I have noticed it does change. My town can be 10.4 to 7.5 and when i see a change I recalibrate my hanna digital gauge, which shows the original number. I'm in Ma. Also many communities in the news lately have been reporting bad water, water must be watched.

Latest posts

Back