SubGirl’s grow with new Spider Farmer SF-2000 light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plants look good

i agree with you on the hot soil , preloaded mix plus FF nutes plus cal mag is to much

if ya ever wanna do something fun use something like ProMix HP with mycorrhizae , it has zero nutes and then design and add your own nutrients , like worm castings , bat and bird guano , fish ferts , or your favorite line of nutrients

always keep in mind that different genetics in plants require different nutrients , some are nitrogen hogs , others turn yellow just looking at cal mag

thats the fun part , dialing in a customized feeding regimen for your plant

and then it’s fun finding a general recipe that is good and healthy for all genetics

outdoors in the ground presents a host of other issues and I am still learning about the soil plant relationship

i have some issues in my garden now but not enough to get me excited , have a big branch that is turning yellow , it’s not fusarium and I can’t see any damage to the branch

i also have 3-4 plants that are nitrogen hogs and I can’t get them out of the lime green color to a darker green but they are chugging along

so yeah , there is a learning curve growing cannabis and it’s always fun to talk shop with other growers

I Searched for the promix the last time I was shopping for soil. it was not available in my area but was available online which was way to expensive for all the pots I had to fill. That’s when I tried a different organic mix which contained my thrip disaster. i am keeping an eye out for it tho as I know you and Pute both recommended it. The strawberry dirt is nice tho. If I don’t find the promix to do my own thing I plan to use the strawberry soil in my next photo tent grow. Not one gnat in my tent so far. Just wish I didn't FF nute it up for a while longer. Sounds like you have you own issues this year. I guess having more plants makes it a bit easier but I know if your like me you hate to see any of them suffer especially if you cant figure out what’s going on with them.

The only thing I could say is I don't trust the town ph, i always ck the Ph before I do any thing and I have noticed it does change. My town can be 10.4 to 7.5 and when i see a change I recalibrate my hanna digital gauge, which shows the original number. I'm in Ma. Also many communities in the news lately have been reporting bad water, water must be watched.
I water my inside plants from my kitchen sink. I always check the ph of the sink water every time as it does change a bit but has run the same around 7.3 since my pen was first calibrated. I’m not even sure what the city says it is and I never cared much I guess until I checked it for my plants my first grow. That’s why I’m thinking my pen is probably still ok. I can’t really say I would trust what the city puts out as their numbers anyway. I do drink the water but I do have two filters for my drinking and cooking water.
‘do you monitor drinking your water for other things besides PH for “bad drinking water”? I wouldn’t know where to start, I guess there is a test kit or you could send some in to “the city” to have checked. I had to do that when I sold my last house. We had two wells.

I water my inside plants from my kitchen sink. I always check the ph of the sink water every time as it does change a bit but has run the same around 7.3 since my pen was first calibrated. I’m not even sure what the city says it is and I never cared much I guess until I checked it for my plants my first grow. That’s why I’m thinking my pen is probably still ok. I can’t really say I would trust what the city puts out as their numbers anyway. I do drink the water but I do have two filters for my drinking and cooking water.
‘do you monitor drinking your water for other things besides PH for “bad drinking water”? I wouldn’t know where to start, I guess there is a test kit or you could send some in to “the city” to have checked. I had to do that when I sold my last house. We had two wells.
This is my my home filter, the brown one is a sediment filter the bluish cartridge is for clorine and clorimine and a list of other chemicals the town puts in the water. Now the brown most likely is is a high iron content from old pipes, but it's still town well water. To me if the town can't maintain the infastructure or a constant Ph who knows what's in the water. My wife won't allow me to have it tested BC she knows I'll go after it and she loves the town. How can I filter it if I don't know what's in it.Town wont tell ya, not unless they got too.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
This is my my home filter, the brown one is a sediment filter the bluish cartridge is for clorine and clorimine and a list of other chemicals the town puts in the water. Now the brown most likely is is a high iron content from old pipes, but it's still town well water. To me if the town can't maintain the infastructure or a constant Ph who knows what's in the water. My wife won't allow me to have it tested BC she knows I'll go after it and she loves the town. How can I filter it if I don't know what's in it.Town wont tell ya, not unless they got too.
I don’t know what my filter actually filters out. It’s installed under my sink and before the fridge. My fridge has one too but I think it’s just a carbon filter. I drink the fridge water but like you said who knows what’s in it.

I don’t know what my filter actually filters out. It’s installed under my sink and before the fridge. My fridge has one too but I think it’s just a carbon filter. I drink the fridge water but like you said who knows what’s in it.
If my memory is good we talked about agrowlyte plant wash for PM, well today I noticed a small little bit on one plant. I just treated my plants with the agrolyte spayed with a blue light nano atomizer. All real cheap and the PM shows up like you're in a fun house with that funny paint that shows up in the dark with a black lights if you know what I mean. It's amazing.

The spider farmer lights are well worth the money. They have sales on occasion and if you shop you can find a pretty good deal on them. This is not my first SpiderFarmer light. I’ve been running one for over a year now thru several grows and am amazed by them still.

I have to agree... I had purchased 2 Blurple LED lights prior to my 1st real LED as I refer to it.. only a SF1000 but what a huge difference it made. I used it for over 2yrs before I was sponsored by Mars Hydro. but, timing was great as I wanted to fire up both tents.. so no the SF1000 is in my smaller tent..

The spectrum is what does it.. bright white, vegetation growth is what makes them the bomb.. but start to finish they just produce..

Your killing it girl

I have to agree... I had purchased 2 Blurple LED lights prior to my 1st real LED as I refer to it.. only a SF1000 but what a huge difference it made. I used it for over 2yrs before I was sponsored by Mars Hydro. but, timing was great as I wanted to fire up both tents.. so no the SF1000 is in my smaller tent..

The spectrum is what does it.. bright white, vegetation growth is what makes them the bomb.. but start to finish they just produce..

Your killing it girl
Thanks Carty. Hey Im pretty sure that I over nuted my plants but they are ok. I will be starting nute again in a bit. I guess I should be using bloom nutes since a couple plants have started to bloom? The two Trizkit plants are the early bloomers. Haven’t seen flowers yet from the other plants but feel sure they are right behind the first two.

Spider Farmer light is doing a good job keeping these girls happy. The autos have amazed me with all the blooms they have at this stage. Looks like I think they are suppose to. Everyone happy in the tent. They haven’t had nutes in a week and seem to be enjoying what’s in the soil still I do plan to add calmag to their water today and maybe think about some bloom nutes soon now that they have overcome their nutrient issues.
269318F2-D223-4BDC-9151-566EAFBFB5D6.jpeg
CD735C61-93D0-4DAE-8498-384D3D5B1DB2.jpeg

Yes she is a lanky one. There is another one same seeds stretching but not like this one. I think when I was topping them I fimmed one instead. Maybe this one? What do you see to watch for?

Yes she is a lanky one. There is another one same seeds stretching but not like this one. I think when I was topping them I fimmed one instead. Maybe this one? What do you see to watch for?
If you topped it that could be it Or Fimmed could be what I am seeing
From yrs of waiting for plants to show sex, it has male on it or maybe hermi.
But it's young and I did not know you Fimmed it.

I’ll take a closer picture. I don’t trust the seeds or my sexing skills so I’ll let you help me as I have no experience with autos nor do I know which one I may have fimmed instead of topped. I didn’t keep a record except for topping. It may just be a he/she.

New pictures. Closer so you can see them better I hope. View attachment 309360View attachment 309361ale so farLooks like a girl but it does have a different look than the other plants. Like I said maybe I fimmed that one?
Female so far the leaf being tall like that concerned me.
Do not worry, I was just saying keep an eye on that plant in case it throws balls too.

52B7F4E4-2B7E-448A-A57F-1C9680470C54.jpeg

looking at the girls this morning 3 are growing well one of those (pwehaps the one I fimmed instead of topped is a bit taller so I’m adjusting the lights to accommodate her

two of the plants however have leaves that look like this.
just for a reminder to myself i stopped veg nutes a couple weeks ago after my plants were showing signs of nute burn and to much nitrogen. I was leery about giving them nutes at such an early age while I used preloaded soil and decided to give them a break. I’ve only been watering (which they seem to drink a lot) with calmag water. My PH in and out is pretty good 6.8 in and 6.3 out (I did manage to get distilled water to re-calibrate my pen) One of the two plants had clawing two weeks ago and seems to continue the clawing. I suspect nitrogen problems from some comments about it. I only have one plant in the tent of this strain so I can’t compare it to its sister plant like the others

BB0CFA87-8622-4654-809F-D183021768CA.jpeg

this is a picture of the two problem plants. You can see the clawing on the one. I’m thinking these two plants need special attention.
11001F87-D5B1-407C-9553-0F4CAAE00E16.jpeg

a picture of the other three plants. Looking ok to me but one is growing a bit taller. Perhaps the one I didn’t too properly. I’ve adjuster the SpiderFarmer lights to her height. Don’t think the other girls will notice they are a bit farther away.
924F2088-3380-4602-8BD1-B3CEBEC6F363.jpeg

Attachments

• F365A7A6-060D-4BB4-BAFF-C81C345FD110.jpeg
    F365A7A6-060D-4BB4-BAFF-C81C345FD110.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back