SubGirl’s grow with new Spider Farmer SF-2000 light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 309520
t was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
(One-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater)
A one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
Sure looks strange to me (one eye?)
Yes this is the tall one. It is growing different from the rest for sure but I don’t think I can control it. My topping may have caused this. May have fimmed instead of topped. Still looks like a she tho

Ok so maybe I will start bloom nutes on all of them. Thanks roster for the look up
I use GH Flora series 3 part and I do not even use the grow just Micro and Bloom all the way through from when I 1st start feeding.
I do not generally start feeding until about a month into grow because the soil has enough nutes to feed the plant until then.

Yes this is the tall one. It is growing different from the rest for sure but I don’t think I can control it. My topping may have caused this. May have fimmed instead of topped. Still looks like a she tho
Just watch the lower section of those buds right below the pistils balls will form there in hermi.

Theose Buds on the tall plant look like a Myans Prist headwear worn when they rip a sacrificed Maiden's heart out.
1664030449955.png

I'd be interested as to why the new flowers have such a yellow cast...mebbe the lights but yellow isn't a color you want to see...I feed my girls hard, mebbe it's just me...
I don’t usually feed my photo periods till almost bloom time as I usually use preloaded soil and up pot several times before doing so.. since these are autos, and I have no experienc with them, this time I fed earlier as I read Carty did on his autos. Carty however breaks his soil up with an organic soil as well probably making it not as strong as my soil. Or maybe I should have been using bloom nutes for the two times I fed them instead of veg nutes as at least two of them suffered from nitrogen issues.
i haven’t noticed the yellowish blooms until you mentioned it. Will go grab another picture without the LEDs to see if it’s just the lights. Would never have known that yellow buds were not good… what is this a sign of yellow buds I mean…

Theose Buds on the tall plant look like a Myans Prist headwear worn when they rip a sacrificed Maiden's heart out.
View attachment 309525
Could it be praying leaves perhaps? This plant is closer to the lights by 6”. I moved the lights up again today 18” over that plant.
https://www.growweedeasy.com/why-are-marijuana-leaves-pointing-up

I've found the "praying leaves" are more related to moisture in the soil than lighting. Of course, I'm almost always giving them more light than they really need for the nutes I give them.

I've found the "praying leaves" are more related to moisture in the soil than lighting. Of course, I'm almost always giving them more light than they really need for the nutes I give them.
These plants drink heavy but I still let the pots dry out before next watering. Maybe I’ve been waiting to long as I would think dry soil would cause them to reach. They don’t drop down after watering tho. Still look like a Myans Priest headwear like roster said.

Time to do an update on the SpiderFarmer lights.
I think that the new growth has finally good on the two plants with the nitrogen issues. They do tend to drink a lot more than Im use to I’m sure because of the 2 gallon pots which I never used in my photo plants. I think using the strawberry soil alone also didn’t help with the nitrogen issues but I found that I loved that soil and still to this date have not one gnat on the sticky traps. I will be using this soil in my next photo grow.
the light is still 18” above the tallest plant. One plant, (the one that’s praying) has a good 8” on the others. Thinking about giving the others a booster chair closer to the lights but they seem to be still loving it with nice flowers covering all the plants and stacking nicely
B8165028-E7D7-458E-9925-0F58B2BDEFAC.jpeg

a few close ups of the good bad and ugly in the tent…
B8165028-E7D7-458E-9925-0F58B2BDEFAC.jpeg
3E667398-EE22-4658-908D-868253ED4E7D.jpeg
B1F9A2BE-11AA-4EC2-9F99-1CF0AF587249.jpeg
DC3266F7-4864-494F-A878-1F1DA2A50E78.jpeg

Attachments

• B510BB32-4295-418D-A930-2493DB710296.jpeg
    B510BB32-4295-418D-A930-2493DB710296.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Decided when I needed to buy more nutes to give these a go based on y’all’s comments.
I bought this starter kit that has several items in it I will ask about on my subgirls garden page As I have no idea when to use them. I plan to give this tent bloom nutes again today has they seem to have responded to the last light dose I gave them.
B9AF150F-3FAD-412A-9CD2-EE6205B1FBE9.jpeg

Decided when I needed to buy more nutes to give these a go based on y’all’s comments.
I bought this starter kit that has several items in it I will ask about on my subgirls garden page As I have no idea when to use them. I plan to give this tent bloom nutes again today has they seem to have responded to the last light dose I gave them.
View attachment 309850

easy peasy

been using GH nutes for many years , just the Micro and Bloom (and cal mag ) and my recipe was based on a modified version of the Lucas Formula

Thanks for that roster

the Formula can be modified

for example , the basic 8ml 16ml ratio per gallon of water can be adjusted

newborn plants do not need 8-16 so it can be diluted to 2-4 or even a very mild formula for babies , 1-2 ml per gallon

so yeah , 1-2
2-4
4-8
8-16

then when the plant is in flower one can mess around with adding more bloom and less micro

so yeah , a lot of fun and the good thing is the GH nutes are very forgiving….it is very hard to burn plants if the ratio is followed

although GH nutes have built in buffers , I still like to start out with water that has been Ph’d to fit my style

have fun

Latest posts

Back