SubGirl’s grow with new Spider Farmer SF-2000 light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SpiderFarmer update. Wow how nice to open this tent and see all the beautiful blooms. The autos have been amazing to work with as a new project. They have really taken off. They seemed to respond well to the new GH nutrients I’m trying out. The praying leaves have stopped but that one plant it 12” taller than the others. The one in front of it to the left is from the same seed order so don’t know what’s going on there but I hope it quits growing taller as my lights are now at the top and to raise them more would take a reconfiguration.

027B587F-4CDE-4F7A-B257-790DBCB6B367.jpeg

here are some closeups…
7843A8B6-BD51-481E-9E2B-EF81F6938ED4.jpeg
0D370E53-0A9D-4B54-9CF9-7B25879D49C2.jpeg
57FAF6AE-F38C-4F48-829E-5C5AEDA4F307.jpeg
88377B18-D4EC-43DB-A9BF-B9E64BF979BF.jpeg
72341E96-68D8-4D8C-B3D8-47605018E8DE.jpeg

I will say that that tall girl smells a bit like BO not my favorite scent. I’m thinking it’s a different plant than her sister. They were free seeds, perhaps a mix up? Idk, but they are all looking really nice

Time to do an update on the SpiderFarmer lights.
I think that the new growth has finally good on the two plants with the nitrogen issues. They do tend to drink a lot more than Im use to I’m sure because of the 2 gallon pots which I never used in my photo plants. I think using the strawberry soil alone also didn’t help with the nitrogen issues but I found that I loved that soil and still to this date have not one gnat on the sticky traps. I will be using this soil in my next photo grow.
the light is still 18” above the tallest plant. One plant, (the one that’s praying) has a good 8” on the others. Thinking about giving the others a booster chair closer to the lights but they seem to be still loving it with nice flowers covering all the plants and stacking nicely
View attachment 309843

a few close ups of the good bad and ugly in the tent…
View attachment 309843View attachment 309844View attachment 309845View attachment 309846
All very happy.

76039274-19EA-4511-B483-D65B282C11DB.jpeg
SpiderFarmer light just keeps shining brite as my girls stack on their beautiful buds. Took everyone out of the tent (one advantage to not scrogging) to trim them up a bit. Really didn’t take much off of them like I would my photos but all the flowers are exposed to the lights really nice so I’m not to worried. Did notice the difference in all the plants even from the same genetics. I’m thinking they may have had an auto seed spill at the seed factory and just called them random names by the differences. (These we’re all free seeds from my last order. I won’t mention where I got them because I love this seed company and I’m thinking my inexperience with autos have something to do with the differences). They all still look good just each one different.

A7C8BC70-3DE8-4DDA-BBD9-736E8CEEACB4.jpeg

the knows candy plants as you can see one is almost twice the size of the other. The tall girl has just stopped growing tall I think but both plants are full of blooms
5783EA69-0D3A-4566-AF3A-6A01485FD00F.jpeg

the two trizkits also look different. The right plant has white puffy flowers where the left plant has super dense and darker flowers.

I forgot to take a picture of the Zulu plant but it also looks a bit different but nicely blooming as well.
they seem to like the new nutes so they will get some again next week

Time to update the spider farmer light show:
1F2F244C-E3C0-4689-A3F0-15AD7890D919.jpeg

these 2 gallon pots go dry really quick with these thirsty girls. Next time I would go with a 3 gallon just to get a bit more moisture. Sometimes when I check them before retiring for the night they look like they will need water the next morning but by the time I check them at 6:00 am, i have to rush to water them even before my coffee.
nevertheless I’m still pleased with the stacking nuggets on these little autos.
E483A0B1-3C25-4A8E-954E-6E3307D1CBDB.jpeg

80089C44-7B56-4794-BB33-3BF1EB8524EB.jpeg
60D3ED69-46EA-444C-9314-1AA1BB9B9349.jpeg

Time to update the spider farmer light show:
View attachment 311011
these 2 gallon pots go dry really quick with these thirsty girls. Next time I would go with a 3 gallon just to get a bit more moisture. Sometimes when I check them before retiring for the night they look like they will need water the next morning but by the time I check them at 6:00 am, i have to rush to water them even before my coffee.
nevertheless I’m still pleased with the stacking nuggets on these little autos.
View attachment 311012
View attachment 311013View attachment 311014
Funny how that works, bigger bags = bigger plants = more water, I was in 3 gal bags with bulbs and after my LED I went to 5 gal bags BC every thing was better and still had to water daily about 1.5 quarts a bag. Come to think about I never had that issue with bulbs, my wife would water every other day. I think they make these LED lights so close to light spectrum these plants needs they work harder to produce more. Your plants are stacking nicely, when do you think they will be done?

Funny how that works, bigger bags = bigger plants = more water, I was in 3 gal bags with bulbs and after my LED I went to 5 gal bags BC every thing was better and still had to water daily about 1.5 quarts a bag. Come to think about I never had that issue with bulbs, my wife would water every other day. I think they make these LED lights so close to light spectrum these plants needs they work harder to produce more. Your plants are stacking nicely, when do you think they will be done?
I really need to figure that out. Have to look up the flower times. Haven’t looked at the trichomes yet either. I’ll figure it all out and make a post on it. Thanks for reminding me about that 😁

^^^Yep. I've always added at least two weeks if not more. One SE Asian was said to be a 12 week flower but took 17 to hit full potential. Great weed, but tied up my grow room way too long. Did great outside after I'd set 'em out close to four foot tall in the late spring after vegging them all winter/spring,

I've never grown a plant that followed the "breeders" time frame...10 weeks is about where I want to be on most plants...can't wait to pop me some sativa beans...
Yep me too boo with photos. I’ve not dealt with autos and don’t know when they officially started bloom. Some of the data sheets give the total grow from seed to harvest. That’s where I came up with mid November but like you, I’ve not seen where the data sheets are correct yet with any of my grows. It’s always been about 10 weeks for me too…
looking forward to your sativa grow too. You got that big grow space now 😊

^^^Yep. I've always added at least two weeks if not more. One SE Asian was said to be a 12 week flower but took 17 to hit full potential. Great weed, but tied up my grow room way too long. Did great outside after I'd set 'em out close to four foot tall in the late spring after vegging them all winter/spring,
I grew dome Greenhouse Seeds Thai plants years back and harvested at 14 weeks. Shoulda waited…

Another update on the spider farmer light tent. Looks like I’m having a few problems with probably nutes and PH.
I switched my nutrients to GH a few weeks ago and decided to use this schedule. Only using micro and bloom in both tents in flower. 9and calmag) My PH is drifting way down for some reason. Putting in at around 7.0 and getting a runoff of around 5.0. I had this problem before with the FF nutes was part of the reason I switched to GH but still having the issues.
part of the problem I think is i can’t water them fast enough at times as the little 2 gallon pots drink quicker. I’ve checked them at night before bed and they look as if they will need water the next day but by the time I get up, they are already wilted a bit and I am rushing to get them a drink. This may be part of the problem with the dry curling leaves too. Would definitely go with at least a 3 gallon next time so the water last a bit longer. The tallest plant appears to have heat and light damage but its only 77F in the tent and the lights are about 18” from the plant. watered them with plain 7.0 water and got a 5.0 runoff PH this morning so I guess I need to flush them with a high PH water to bring that down
05F09509-A3C4-4F22-BF94-6541F35F8A76.jpeg

BDEF8E11-535C-471F-B3B9-AC4823CCE680.jpeg

91EADC7E-C156-4431-9E6C-A806125F1E32.jpeg

83585914-42EF-4B2C-AAF6-FF791A015931.jpeg

FC48F835-A5FE-4060-B8E9-3365E5465AC0.jpeg

I usually do too but took the advice from Cartys page buying the 2 gallon tall pots he suggested. I noticed since then he also changed to larger pots. I’m watering every other day in these little pots. I’m thinking that has a lot to do with it but I haven't figured out yet the PH drop. I had this happen in a previous tent grow and was able to get ahead of it by flushing. I may take these out of the tent and flush the heck out of them to try and bring the PH up enough to accept the nutes and calmag I’m adding.

Latest posts

Back