SubGirl’s grow with new Spider Farmer SF-2000 light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling that you will have a grow tent and nice LEDs soon to join in the winter fun. Thanks so much for the kind comments and yes the smell is wonderfully intoxicating in the garage.

no tents for me , no needy…..

not that i dont like a good tent set up , ive seen Putes tents first hand and he does a good job , all clean and organized and he ends up with a great product

we have a couple of rooms that are wired and ready to go in a day or two if we want to fire them up

otherwise come jan/feb we will start germing seeds for the spring garden

jan/feb aint to far off and i enjoy the break from gardening , some of it is tedious , like cleaning pots and stuff , digging holes , pulling weeds , yada yada yada

in the meantime , dreaming helps pass the time

312944CC-6DF6-4F2F-9E6E-CC015FC43F8B.jpeg

335686D0-F212-4161-BE36-9E9E62DB52D2.jpeg

Your plant tending time will be here before you know it. Until then you can help me with my grow 😊 I love the seed catalogs. Makes me want to dig in some dirt. We are expecting a hard freeze tonight so my veggie garden has officially ended when I picked all the peppers off the plants. There are blooms and baby peppers all over them. Well till tomorrow anyway…
8FE7539B-AA62-4536-B441-568AB359CDAB.jpeg

beautiful colors !

yeah , we threw a bunch of straw over a bed of swiss chard and some turnips , hopefully that will prolong the chard and then we just dig turnips as needed

if you get some chickens they will chase the rabbits away…🤡🤡

So I wanted to check the PH run off yesterday as I had trouble with one of my plants. Darn it my pen was broken so I did it the old fashion way with PH drops and samples of water in, water out and soil. Took forever but noticed my PH runoff was super low. I never liked the pots they were in as most of them had a contraption in the bottom of them where I couldn’t see what was going on. Even tho I just transplanted them a couple weeks ago I transplanted each one again in basically the same size pot in hopes that they wouldn’t be sad looking in a couple of hours from me disturbing things. The root system I noticed had really taken off much more roots than I though I would see. Thank goodness they weren’t sad overnight and even grew since yesterday with all that I did to them including adding their first light nutes. Both tents plants are looking good today and will get topped within the next couple days around the festivities and goings on. I don’t under stand the ph thing tho. I will check things again next week
306382A0-7C7F-4543-90A0-85281D0607AB.jpeg

Last edited:
The Girl Crush and Hindsight plants seem to be loving life under the spider farmer lights. I topped them today and cut a couple of uglier leaves down at the second node where they started to show problems before the emergency transplant. All the new leaves are growing in good and the node areas are beginning to fill in nicely. Gave them a little drink of nute water I had in the bucket and turned the lights back up to 80% after they did ok in the transplant. I plan to move the lights up to 100% in a couple days
95BB3E6D-C64E-4D68-AD7B-2DE3B10E0EA8.jpeg

Deboning the last two autos to put in jars. I’m plenty pleased with the auto tent haul. I haven’t sampled any yet but laid a bud of that whiskey tango on the rolling tray to early sample. Will say thank you to the SpiderFarmer folks for letting me sample their sweet light. I’m looking forward to see what positive effect it will have on my next lineup.

Will post a smoke report on the autos soon
D326355D-5B8A-4094-B5ED-5E97DEC72874.jpeg

Deboning the last two autos to put in jars. I’m plenty pleased with the auto tent haul. I haven’t sampled any yet but laid a bud of that whiskey tango on the rolling tray to early sample. Will say thank you to the SpiderFarmer folks for letting me sample their sweet light. I’m looking forward to see what positive effect it will have on my next lineup.

Will post a smoke report on the autos soon
View attachment 314011
Wow

19D794B6-12A5-471C-9817-4766F638B1DA.jpeg

checking in on the spider farmer light tent. All four plants are growing beautifully and the two strains Hindsight and Girl Crush are growing at the same speed and height so far so I’m kinda glad about that.
031FF35A-58DC-4F5C-924E-0C22690BBC61.jpeg

if you see this on someone’s question what’s wrong with my plant. You can ask them did they perhaps accidentally touch the LEDs with that plant for a couple seconds while checking it? That’s what I believe this to be as it’s just what I did one night before going to bed and woke up to this. The spots are spaced like my lite too so there you go…
3F62937A-288C-4C3F-8D4C-D5D51D316481.jpeg
120EF8E3-A331-4D42-9588-45D332294069.jpeg

705C00C3-3109-4CBC-A8DB-ADBEABA3D851.jpeg

14F47AC2-F70A-4462-B86C-E33837BC5BE2.jpeg

all four plants have good inner node growth going on after last weeks topping
16F3B14C-B4C0-4703-AC48-C6A25D29F5EC.jpeg

weird tho that the PH runoff is still low. My pen is broke so I’ve resorted to the little kit thingy but I’m putting 6.5 in and getting close to 4.0 out. The plants don’t seem to mind at all but I would like to figure out why this is going on. They have only had light nutes and only for a couple weeks. They were like this before I started nutes too which caused me to do emergency transplant to check the roots plus a better pot.
2C626E88-091F-4015-A60E-8091314EEC70.jpeg

they look awesome tho. I plan to lower them all to the floor today and lower the light which is now running at 100% for a few days

Hey Subbie... Your killing it. Wish I had more room.. I remember filling the bigger jars.. lol.

Your a very fast learner.. and your recent success shows that, I wanted to congratulate ya on that .. I cannot
wait to get these seeds done so I can ask you to test some for me.. my Gabagoo Auto..

Your plants are looking amazing.. Hey, try taking 1 of the plants and at week 2 or 3, remove the Cotyledon leaf's (round ones) and the single bladed pot leaf that came out 1st.. sometimes I even take the next node up off also.. depends on light penetration really.. but what this will do is make your plant concentrate it's energies on the upper better branches..

How is your fan situation, the plants look a bit droopy but the medium looks wet.. increase your air flow to the plants so they all flutter.. but listen to me telling you what to do you old pro... it's just how I am.

enjoy the fruits of your labor Subbie.. best part

Hey Subbie... Your killing it. Wish I had more room.. I remember filling the bigger jars.. lol.

Your a very fast learner.. and your recent success shows that, I wanted to congratulate ya on that .. I cannot
wait to get these seeds done so I can ask you to test some for me.. my Gabagoo Auto..

Your plants are looking amazing.. Hey, try taking 1 of the plants and at week 2 or 3, remove the Cotyledon leaf's (round ones) and the single bladed pot leaf that came out 1st.. sometimes I even take the next node up off also.. depends on light penetration really.. but what this will do is make your plant concentrate it's energies on the upper better branches..

How is your fan situation, the plants look a bit droopy but the medium looks wet.. increase your air flow to the plants so they all flutter.. but listen to me telling you what to do you old pro... it's just how I am.

enjoy the fruits of your labor Subbie.. best part
Thanks Carty for your kind comments. I loved growing the autos way more than I thought I would. I really got quite a haul too more so than I thought I could with autos. I’m still burping the jars and they smell lovely too. Will be sampling them soon. I’ll be ready to try them and your Gabagoo autos again soon maybe when my tent is empty in the spring. Now I have two tents, both of them full with photos I also wanted to try and grow. I wish I had more room as well to grow everything I want to try.
Yes, I could have definitely started trimming a bit earlier. The giant beautiful shade leaves must have blinded me from snipping them off as I was in love with them for a couple weeks but finally had to cut them off a couple days ago. They plants seem to be thanking me for it too each time I unzip the tent to check them out.
I noticed the droopy leaves too thinking they needed a drink but when I inspected them closer they didn’t appear thirsty and did not have that feel of a droopy leaf but more of a downward grow almost claw like but not like claw leaves either thick and hard and healthy not limp at all. I thought maybe it was just the strains I chose this time. Anyway these were the leaves I ended up trimming off and I haven’t seen any more so far growing like that. That may be different as they grow tho…
I’ve been monitoring my PH and have been having trouble with the PH out being way lower than the PH in. For now I’m not doing anything about it and just putting 6.5 in until I see a problem. Sometimes the transplant works it’s way out but I try to keep abreast of the ph thing anyway…. I’m using loaded soil the strawberry stuff I used for the auto grow. I love that soil and have not one gnat in either tent for 3 grows now. I manage my nutes around it since it’s loaded and cut down considerably when I transplant. These will be ready soon for a transplant have to see what I have for pots and maybe call on my friends at Amazon for more. I plan to give them a good trim from the underside after I transplant them or before, then put a net down over them and let them fill it in in hopes they don’t grow too tall for my tent after I turn them on to flower. These plants all have thick stalk stems as big as a kids pencil already and seem very healthy.
thanks again Carty for being my fan. I’m sure a fan of yours and you have taught me so much 🥰

I forgot I have two portable fans that run on high to circulate things around not directed on plants but does cause a bit of movement on the plants. My duct fan I usually adjust higher or lower depending on the temp and humidity. This spider light tent is in the house, my other tent is in the furnace room much warmer especially in the winter.

Started smoking the auto flowers yesterday. Yesterday we tried the Whiskey Zulu. I was excited to smell a skunky smell when the hubby fired it up. The skunk smell seemed to go away after the first couple of tokes but maybe not for somebody just walking in the room we were in…. The buzz was nice. (I’m usually happy if I get a buzz from my garden no matter how small or large just to know it was not a waste of time). The relaxing buzz carried me thru the gift wrapping session as well as a batch of cookies so I would not call it couch weed. I would rate it over what I call reg weed and do like another name on the jar to choose from.

today we are trying the Trizkit (so far so good). I’ll report on it again later 😊

Latest posts

Back