Sublime fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Wakenbake

***Organic Grower***
Reaction score
Wondering how you guys feel about Sublime getting a new frontman and starting to record a new album, and are thinking about touring.

Their frontman is excellent, and has his own style but it's Subliminal if you will.......

I think it's a good thing.

The more of the world that hears Sublime the better.

Sublime with Rome is what they are going to be called now.

I am sooooooo stoked to be honest... RIP BRAD AND LOU DOG!!!!

Bright future for Sublime with Rome! I'm beside myself.My favorite band of all time is finally going to hit the road again. I am sure Brad will be smiling from heaven...

Rome is legit ...

hxxp://www.myspace.com/romemusica

glad to hear they're being called sublime with rome.
wouldn't have prefered them to continue as just sublime, sublime died with Brad :(

look forward to hearing what they bring out, was a big fan.
Brad Nowell was one of the people who inspired me to pick up a guitar.. that Bradley Nowell and friends CD is magic, almost feels like you're there.

Man Kaotik..... I miss Brad. The man was amazing.

I didn't know him, but I know his music. So in that I do I guess.
I have the boxed set, and all of their cd's.

When I am feeling blue, or happy, or somewhere in between...i pop in a Sublime tune.

Nothing brings me out of a funk like a fat joint and a Sublime song.

I mean AC DC didn't change their name.... However, Brad was the songwriter and I as well am glad they are still Sublime, but Sublime with Rome.

Eric and Bud is what's left of sublime... their new singer rome is a good fit. I wish people would stop hating on him. He's excellent, just check out some of his music. He's really good. He obviously will get better with time and experience. The kid just played in front of 20k people for the first time in his life at the age of 21.

he's not used to that... a few years of it and we will be glad we have this new "Subliminal" version....

Brads B day was like 4-5 days ago now... sad heroin is a terrible drug.

Haven't really heard their new stuff, I like their older stuff. might check them out again.

So far there isn't any new stuff.. Just sublime with rome on the lead guitar and lyrics...paying tribute to Brad.

The new stuff isn't coming for a minute.

Bradley's charming wife will never let them use the name. I find her quite graceless and as money-hungry as the white-trashers in my own gene pool.

I'm sure the new band will be a superb dub band, but if you're that good, why couldn't you make it on your own chops? Dave Grohl did it with Foo Fighters.

My vote? Get yourself a new name and move along--if you've got a scintilla of Bradley Noel's pure talent, you'll be a star. JMO.

I love Sublime...they are one of the few bands I can throw on in the middle of winter with snow on the ground and I feel like it is summer time....I will give the new stuff a chance when it comes out but I don't think it will be very sublime ish...Brad I feel was just to big a driving force to be replaced. That being said maybe I will be proved wrong...AC-DC got lucky...maybe they will too...I didn't think anyone cld step in for Bon Scott...

Speaking of Bon Scott....

Did you know that there was actually a DEAD on vocal ringer for Bon Scott?

Listen to a little known band called Rhino Bucket.

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_q9Rok54xY&feature=PlayList&p=3362AACECB48B693&index=24

There will always be a spark of Bradley there no matter how the Band evolves and no matter what they call themselves.

i know what your saying wake.. AC/DC does fine, and i also think alice in chains new singer fits in great with the band.

i just feel Brad was sublime.
no offence to Bud and Eric, that's just how i feel. i'm still gonna check em out, but some band members cannot be replaced (kinda like Freddie Mercury)
why i'm glad they went with sublime with rome.

kaotik said:
i know what your saying wake.. AC/DC does fine, and i also think alice in chains new singer fits in great with the band.

i just feel Brad was sublime.
no offence to Bud and Eric, that's just how i feel. i'm still gonna check em out, but some band members cannot be replaced (kinda like Freddie Mercury)
why i'm glad they went with sublime with rome.

I agree with you...the difference I feel is that ac-dc musically is pretty much Angus...same with Alice in Chains....Jerry Cantrell is the musical force behind that band and he is a lyrical part as well...Brad was for me the musical, vocal, and lyrical force behind the band so replacing him makes it a much different band then AC-DC or Alice in Chains...not saying the other guys don't hve talent but it wld be like Dave Grohl going from drums to guitar/singer in Nirvana...the output wld no longer be Nirvana...

Rhino Bucket rocks!...I'm all for sublime moving on...I didn't know brad...but if he loved his band, I'm sure he would want to see them continue.

I guess as long as the new guy doesn't try to "be" Brad...and they come up with some killer cuts...then I will enjoy it. I would just hate to hear them trying to be what they were, because they won't be...it will be interesting to see what sublime with Rome evolves into!

There is nothing like Sublime to pick me up when I am down.... enjoy the link.

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI2INBQVpwk

cmd420 said:
was that at Maritime Hall?

y yes it was , we had a group of about 10 of going to see the show, which they cancelled the night of.

Latest posts

Back