Success!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elephant Man

"MAD SCIENTIST"
Reaction score
Put bagseed in moist loosely folded fast food paper towel. Placed paper towel with seeds in clean sour cream container, no holes. Placed container on top of cordless drill battery charger (slightly warm to touch). Checked on container every 12 hours or so, what you want to see is water droplets all over the sides and top of container, humid, dark, and warm. After 4 days all six bagseed gerrmed. After 24 hours one has already popped up from 50/50 Fox Farm Ocean soil and Light Warrior under 2 40 watt 6500k flouros at 75 degrees.

Could not have been easier, the info is all here on this forum.

As soon as I get my real seeds and take a couple more photos, journal will start.

Thanks to all for sharing their techniques.

Going back to work, gotta setup my stem fan and start building the other 2 rooms:cool: (search for Stoney's method.).

idunnowhatsgoingon said:
Is that foxfarm ocean good for seedlings?

Good question, I know Stoney uses it, and mine seem to be doing great, but I'm not to sure on the ratio I used, maybe should have went 85/15 Ocean forest/Light Warrior.

Maybe someone else will chime in.

im sure stoney will answer you as soon as possible. and i also think your method is fine but maybe try the top of fridgerater next time,little warmer.

Using a seedling heater mat now, too many containers.

Oct20_0003.jpg

well i guess thats even better than a battery charger .

I ended up buyin a bad of light warrior and filled the containers with it, then I watered it with some superthrive. I have the soil under the lights while the seeds are in a ziplock bag between some wet papertowels on top of a charger. Let's see how it goes!

idunnowhatsgoingon said:
I ended up buyin a bad of light warrior and filled the containers with it, then I watered it with some superthrive. I have the soil under the lights while the seeds are in a ziplock bag between some wet papertowels on top of a charger. Let's see how it goes!

I used half and half, 2 products, Ocean Forest is one, Light Warror is the other. Once they sprout little white root, put them root down 1/4 to 1/2 inch below the soil. I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 6 inch pot, fill it to withan an inch of the top. Start up a grow journal and get help from everyone:) .

Good Luck

i planted mine back home at about 1-2 inches deep then sprinkled dirt on top, is that too deep? the seed had sprouted great in the paper towel, but did i ruin it? its been 3 days and no sign of anything? HELP?

Latest posts

Back