Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Suggestion For Contest Eligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldie

Reaction score
MarP, I think the posters should have a minimum amount of posts, and a minimum amount monthly, in order to be eligible to enter the contests.

Contests are good, and nice for the members, but they have been known to cause problems...and some people wind up leaving, etc.

I have sat in on many boards, and I noticed that there are some posters who will enter all the contests, but never post on the forums at all.

I think this is very unfair to the regular, contributing forum members, as they are the ones who are maintaining the activity on the forums.

If it were me, I`d say 100 posts minimum and 50 posts monthly, in order to remain eligible to enter the contests and win prizes. What do you think?

I`d rather have 50 regular, contributing members, than 1000 who only come in for the freebies...

Anyone else? What is your input on this? Thanks.

notthecops

Reaction score
What I ws thinking, to attract new members and keep it going, is to start at a minimum posts rule of like 25 or something. Then just raise it every contest. So this first would have a 25 post rule, then the next conest would have a 50 post rule, and the third would have a 75 post rule, and so on.......
What do you think.

I do agree though that the post rule should be a higher number than what most forums have been doing. I have notice quite a few problems like you meentioned also Goldie.

Goldie

Reaction score
Well, that would work, but I don`t wanna be the one checking memberships for start dates - will you do it? ;)

Yeah, our regular members (regular posters) should matter the most...

I dunno, I like the 100 - 50 deal - I guess MarP will decide...

MarPassion

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, i think you are right.

But like NTC did, would it not be best to post the rules in the contest itself?

Then i can delete or filter out the people that do not have enough posts

Goldie

Reaction score
LOL - let NTC be the mod for that, if he`ll do it. ;)

notthecops

Reaction score
You can be the Mod MarP. Don't delete the posts until the contest ends. People can make their guess, then get posting. If they don't reach the amount by the end, they'll just be disqualified.

Goldie

Reaction score
;) Ha ha ha ( I can`t pass this up) Don`t do it, MarP - make NTC do it! Ha ha ha! ;)

notthecops

Reaction score
I would, but as you know Goldie, I got my plate full at the moment. I'm working on about 5 different projects at the moment, plus trying to keep up to 2 forums (this one WAY more than the other). Maybe in a month or so! lol

Goldie

Reaction score
I know, NTC, I`m just kidding - I couldn`t pass up the chance to have atcha a minute! ;)

Easy solution? Contest night - check the forums - they will tell # of posts. All intros right there - easy enough, I`d think...

Oh, new idea! We need a "top ten posters" list. Marp? Oh MarP! :)

Goldie

Reaction score
;) :::sigh:::Thats what they say - " its lonely at the top " :(

I expect to get some competition here soon. I hope so. :)

DoobieBro1

Reaction score
iagree with Goldie, its more interesting to have (highly) active members reap most of the benifits. it might encourage some to get more involved.:cool:

hoppystalker

Reaction score
hey there , some imput from a new member for u , mabye do it so u need to do 75 or 100 min and 25 min monthly for some and for bigger prizes make it 250/50 if so u really need to make an effort to get the good stuff!

by the way thanx for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts