Suggestions welcome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wikkedsun

Reaction score
Ok so a friend of mine and i have started working together in a grow room. Weve got close to 70 plants under 6 -1000 watts each plant is in a 5 gallon grow bag we used fox farm soil and fox farm nutrients. Ive been told by many people that fox farm isnt the way to go on nutrients and that advanced nutrients is a better product and produces better yields and better nug all together. If anyone can sort this out for me that would be great, bc my friend and i have really been arguing over this. Also do you guys think we should have more lights? or put the plants into bigger bags? also we were also arguing over whether or not the plants need a nice white backdrop to be surronded by. we have most of the room white sheeted already but my friend thinks its not worth it for the other part of the room. please let me know what u guys think about my situation any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. O are strains are Trainwreck sensei star cinderella99x panama red purple kush trinity and snowcap

i may also be able to get some pictures up to show the exact room lights plants and backdrop for the room.

WoW!..a substantial project..and nice choice of strains. Trinity is on my "to do" list.

..as a general 'rule of thumb'..1 gallon of dirt(medium) per 1 foot of plant
...since even 1k lights have a limited penetrating ability, 5 G. bags(5' plants) should be sufficient. (Considering your choice of strains, I think "I" would promote flowering at around 2 feet) I hear TW and Trinity are big stretchers dureing flower.
...any portion of the room that is not covered with reflective material will allow usefull lumens to escape/be absorbed
...I've not used the "Advanced Nut'es" but I see great reviews from those that have. "I" have absolutely "No complaints with Fox Farms, and have never heard anything but good reviews about their products.

Hick said:
WoW!..a substantial project..and nice choice of strains. Trinity is on my "to do" list.

..as a general 'rule of thumb'..1 gallon of dirt(medium) per 1 foot of plant
...since even 1k lights have a limited penetrating ability, 5 G. bags(5' plants) should be sufficient. (Considering your choice of strains, I think "I" would promote flowering at around 2 feet) I hear TW and Trinity are big stretchers dureing flower.
...any portion of the room that is not covered with reflective material will allow usefull lumens to escape/be absorbed
...I've not used the "Advanced Nut'es" but I see great reviews from those that have. "I" have absolutely "No complaints with Fox Farms, and have never heard anything but good reviews about their products.

I find advanced isn't better then any other... there are a couple wholesalers on ebay that sell it dirt cheap... usually i find their products are more $$. Dont get me wrong.. i like their products... i just find it seems like a ''commercialized'' product... they remind me of a tobacco company.

thanks for the info kade and Hick. yea i kind of see advanced as a commercial product but a lot of people have said some really nice things about their products. the only downside i hear is a little bit of a chemmy taste after harvest but some experienced people have told me you should cut the nuts back by half prior to harvest and give them ten days of just water before cutting them down. Yea the trinities and trainwrecks are crazy already we might turn a couple of them just to mothers bc they look so nice. I also have mk ultra (g13 x og kush) but we just harvested her and were trying to turn some of the flowering plants back into mothers. i have to show u guys pictures and have you tell me what you think. my friend trained this one TW to grow horizontal and not vertical its so sweet hes been training the main stem and using bamboo sticks to keep her from going vertical. our purple kush mother is getting pretty bushy. our senseis are doing great but our cindy's and snowcaps seem to be lagging behind the others. we well see ill keep u guys posted thanks again

wikkedsun said:
thanks for the info kade and Hick. yea i kind of see advanced as a commercial product but a lot of people have said some really nice things about their products. the only downside i hear is a little bit of a chemmy taste after harvest but some experienced people have told me you should cut the nuts back by half prior to harvest and give them ten days of just water before cutting them down. Yea the trinities and trainwrecks are crazy already we might turn a couple of them just to mothers bc they look so nice. I also have mk ultra (g13 x og kush) but we just harvested her and were trying to turn some of the flowering plants back into mothers. i have to show u guys pictures and have you tell me what you think. my friend trained this one TW to grow horizontal and not vertical its so sweet hes been training the main stem and using bamboo sticks to keep her from going vertical. our purple kush mother is getting pretty bushy. our senseis are doing great but our cindy's and snowcaps seem to be lagging behind the others. we well see ill keep u guys posted thanks again

Any hydro nutes will give the ole harshness... just give them a good 7-14 day flush (like u mentioned) and it helps emmensely.

ive been using AN, it seems as if for a soil grow their product line and nutrient calculator is great.
BUT, what i have learned, the hard way is their benificial line/organics just explode and over colonize in hydro causing havoc.
so with a revamped feeding schedule with only twoe small dose of pirahna during veg. no other organics are used or beneficials exept sensizyme , untiil final feed week of bloom then we use mother earth tea as its only nutrient. the othe products i use is sensi a&b, sensizyme, barricade, b52, bud blood, big bud overdrive,mother earth tea bloom at end and final phase.
also there nute calc is a little on the strong side, even the light feeding option is 10-30%high. any questions pm me.

leelow said:
ive been using AN, it seems as if for a soil grow their product line and nutrient calculator is great.
BUT, what i have learned, the hard way is their benificial line/organics just explode and over colonize in hydro causing havoc.
so with a revamped feeding schedule with only twoe small dose of pirahna during veg. no other organics are used or beneficials exept sensizyme , untiil final feed week of bloom then we use mother earth tea as its only nutrient. the othe products i use is sensi a&b, sensizyme, barricade, b52, bud blood, big bud overdrive,mother earth tea bloom at end and final phase.
also there nute calc is a little on the strong side, even the light feeding option is 10-30%high. any questions pm me.

Well as long as ur ppms are 2000 or under they are not overcolonizing... plus your weekly flush should get rid of them. Those pirahna and scorpion n those sorts of things I never used to use unless I needed pest protection... or needed to help correct a problem... since they never arose I still have a couple bottles sitting around... I find hydro so easy compared to dirt... *darth vader voice* I can never be converted to the dirty dark side.

Latest posts

Back