Sun Series LED from Mars Hydro (formerly TopLED)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe420Camel

friendly stranger
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Input?

"Same" company as the reflector series and MarsII lights a lot of us use.

http://www.mars-hydro.com/led-grow-light/sun-series

$360.00
200 x 3w chips @ 300w DRAW (+/-5%)***
COB, 5 chip clusters

Product structure
Type:......................Sun Series 200W
Input Voltage:........AC100-240V
Frequency:.............50-60HZ
Working Temperature(°C):-20~40℃,45%-95%RH
Weight:..................5.84KG
Input Power:...........300W±5%***
LED Output Power200PCS 120R40B40W
Input Current:........1.2-3.5A
Power Factor:......... >0.95
Dimension:325*280*90mm

Coverage:3x3feet @15inch

Color Parameters
Chromaticity Coordinate: x=0.3787 y=0.2628
Chromaticity Coordinate: u'=0.3787 y'=0.2628(duy=-6.21e-02)
Tc=2665K Dominant WL:ld=610.2nm Purity=25.2% Centerid WL:596.0nm
Ratio:R=39.3% G=52.7% B=8.0% Peak WL:Ip=635.0nm HWL:21.6nm
Render Index:Ra=37.1
R1=25 R2=31 R3=63 R4=53 R5=14 R6=-1 R7=85
R8=26 R9=-85 R10=-37 R11=40 R12=-97 R13=18 R14=86 R15=10

Electrical Parameters
Luminaire:U=109.7V I=2.767A P=302.9W PF=0.9978
Lamp:U=0V I=0A P=0W PF=0
Instrument Status:
Scan Range:380.0nm-800.0nm Interval:5.0nm[0] Ip=58720(G=3,D=53)
REF=6683(R=2) PMT:21.5 centigrade [24.4]

Photo Parameters
Flux:26494lm Fe:125.48W Efficacy:87.46lm/W
sun-lightSource.png

suns.png

More Advantage about Sun Series

We are using a better soldering method to solder the chips, and we not use the lens, it can mix different spectrum better., so every leaf will shined by the same even light, the plants will grow much faster and healthy, and the chips is much better, we custome made this chip in taiwan not mainland.
We are using a new fan and new heatsink, so it's better for the light to cool down, and we add on/off switch, it's much easier to control the light.
we add the' Close Quarters Bracket ' , it will easily to hang and fix the light.

The Difference between Mars II seires and Sun series

Chips, 3W chip for Sun series with reflector so the lighting output will be more.
Assembly, It's new assemble style for our sun series lights, 5pcs LEDs per batch, can mix the lighting better, and give the plants balanced lighting.
Switch, Our sun series with switch for on/off, so make our lights can be much easier to use.
Fans, 8 fans for Sun series, 4pcs on each side with air in / out, make the temps for the lights lower.
With Close Quarters Bracket, can hang the lights easier.

View attachment sun-seriesA.jpg

They have some test grows on 420 magazine forum you could checkout, I think Colorado's finest is or may have finished his test grow with the light, I have not checked.

They look like they they are going to be decent.. not entirely for sale yet, but SOON.

:aok:

I've spoke with Sara. It's not available yet according to her last week. So, unless things have changed?

Just bought 8x 400w fixtures.. about ready to buy a 9th actually :) Ask her about Cob just last week, she said they are waiting on a patent.

sight also does not make it clear "BUY IT" = preorder :hitchair:

Availability: In stock

Sun Series 200x3w
Preorde Sun Series 200w
1 $360.00

Subtotal $360.00
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Grand Total $360.00

lol, I'm so "in the know" currently, after doing a month of solid LED research (THANKS PJ!)

I'm waiting for them to be available and going to con Sara into getting me one super cheap ... lol!! :) Maybe not, but I can try! :D

Fang ,I would think it would be a step down in penatration even being cob lights, they are still 3 watt just clustered together.

I won't get in to too many details, but I said on this very site COB style LED's would be the wave of the future. I've been testing the tech about a year or so now.

The promising thing is that you can get these closer to the plants which actually allows one to flower down in the plant further.

The negative is if you loose just one diode, it's really hard to tell with the naked eye and losing one changes the color spectrum. How much damage is done is pretty much an unknown now, but I am hopeful they will overcome the issue.

Not been over to 420mag in ages, but the place is over run with LED companies showing up all the time.

I love the fact they call out some of the products that suck, but seems 90% of them do. Seems "most" on there are the very people you don't want to buy from.

I guess I kind of have a problem with the whole sponsorship crap they allow there, and they'll allow any swinging Richard to pay to be there...

As for the new Mars light, ehh. These guys make a "decent" light for the price. It isn't even close to the top dog, but it for sure isn't as bad as most of the other guys out there who charge the same amount.

They sell because they are priced at a level where people can actually splurge a bit and get them, but still know that you get what you pay for.

There are a few companies that have been using COB tech for a minute now. If you're down to try that tech, I'd go with someone who has been doing it over a company who is just now about to get in.
:2cents:

If you're down to try that tech, I'd go with someone who has been doing it over a company who is just now about to get in.
:2cents:

If you're down to name drop, that'd be great PJ :) Haven't seen you suggest much other than Mars, but I'm not stalking you either, so you may have said it a few times.

Would love a general list of models and such of who and what you'd recommend that is current. :aok:

I do believe this is their second stab at it, the first was a fail due to heat issues. 8 fans in this one, see if they hold out.

If you're down to name drop, that'd be great PJ Haven't seen you suggest much other than Mars, but I'm not stalking you either, so you may have said it a few times.

Would love a general list of models and such of who and what you'd recommend that is current.

:yeahthat:

As this (seems) to be a pre-order I can cancel.

Not like I NEED more lights or NEED to spend more $$ but ... honestly, I'm just a sucker for new tech.
(I looked @ those KIND too DGF lol)

If you're down to name drop, that'd be great PJ :) Haven't seen you suggest much other than Mars, but I'm not stalking you either, so you may have said it a few times.

Would love a general list of models and such of who and what you'd recommend that is current. :aok:
From what I have seen, the average person on this site is only willing to spend a certain amount of money on LED tech, hence my reasoning for sending people in the direction of Mars.

My answer to who would I buy from is always me because I have lights built to my specs with a disclosure in place so my tech can not be shared.

That said, most of what I do now a days is pretty much in line with HydrogrowLED does.

https://www.hydrogrowled.com/Sol-LED-Grow-Lights-C59.aspx

They were one of the first to release the tech, so if I was buying from a third party, that's who I would buy from.

I can't stand their sales tactics, but they make a very nice light and they know it for sure.

LOL and the circle is complete, I bought a Sol2 (200w) as my first light.

oh, I see they dropped the (watts) 50/100 and went to 45/85
(wonder if its just the #'s they use or a change in hardware)

:48:

last edit (I promise)
PJ,
would you PM me some info?
I will be in a 3x3 tent, DWC,
1 (one) plant @ a time till the laws change (ohio/federal)

So.. I should purchase something like this for my experimental space right?

https://www.hydrogrowled.com/Sol-4-175W-350W-LED-Grow-Light-(G4)-P159C59.aspx

Thanks PJ, appreciate your look into it. I mean, I can't just say "hey PJ, I'll buy a light off of you".. so appreciate any and all direction you'd point. The Kind lights seemed quite awesome and won some award, but you quickly got me in check there. My friend has a couple of Hydrogrow lights.

I do believe this is their second stab at it, the first was a fail due to heat issues. 8 fans in this one, see if they hold out.

And the way tech is going that isn't really a good thing. The main focus is being the first to release a COB light with Zero fans.

Once that can be done, HID lights will be a thing of the past. Once everyone is doing it diode prices will drop allowing the market to mass produce them for everyone instead of this business we have now where everyone wants to keep reinventing the wheel.

It's so much better today than it was say 4 years ago, but we still have a ways to go.

watch the prices Fang, they list the LOW wattage fixture
you need to select the HIGH one :smoke1:

No, my space would be the 2x2 space, and the 45w fixture is rated for 175w draw and posted for 3' x 3' ... so the $649 fixture should rock a 2x2x7

I believe, if I've learned correctly hah :D I'm so newwww!

Latest posts

Back