'Super Breed' of cannabis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grower13

Reaction score
'Super Breed' Of Medicinal Cannabis Developed By British Drug Firm

Updated: Wednesday, 08 Jun 2011, 8:38 AM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 08 Jun 2011, 6:55 AM EDT
By NewsCore
LONDON - A British pharmaceutical company was working Wednesday to develop a new breed of cannabis-based products aimed at treating a range of conditions including diabetes, epilepsy and Crohn's disease.
GW Pharmaceuticals, which launched a cannabis-derived medicine for symptoms of multiple sclerosis last year, has cross-bred different types of the plant to produce a new strain that could treat a wide range of disorders.
The new varieties contain enhanced levels of therapeutic compounds, including an appetite suppressant cannabinoid called THCV, which the company hopes will be used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes, obesity and other metabolic disorders.
Research leader Dr. David Potter said, "We've demonstrated that there are something like 60 cannabinoids in the cannabis plant, and so far we've looked in detail only at 12 to 15. You could say we've only scratched the surface so far."
Human safety trials are already underway on some of the new varieties, and the company hopes that by combining THCV with other cannabinoids they will be able to treat inflammatory diseases and epilepsy.

Grower13 said:

Human safety trials are already underway on some of the new varieties,

ME ME ME ME ME.... choose ME!...:rofl:

Hard to imagine mmj that acts as an appetite suppressant. I still get the munchies bad every now and then.

I'd like to try some of that THCV appetite suppressent stuff :hubba:

Tetrahydrocnnabivarin
Read some on that. Rare combo to find from what I gather. Present in certain sativas. most landrace and even then don't found in every pheno.
I haven't grown anything high in it...if I did I didn't know about it.
Mel Frank mentioned Mexican landraces are the only place he found it.
but others saying its present in African and Pakistani landraces.
but of course once it hits the market it's going to be a ton of hype and people making false claims. :rolleyes:

hXXp://www.marijuanagrowing.com/dhtml/knowledgebase.php?faqid=10

If reading correctly, this is a drug made from cannabis...not new strains??

Roddy said:
If reading correctly, this is a drug made from cannabis...not new strains??
It's breeding. trying to up the THCV in the plant by hybridizing.

heard recently sub talking about THCV is real high in his JTR
5% or something
it's all jibberish to me, but thought i'd post ;)

of course it is!...to "hear" sub talk, his strains are "real high" in anything that might be considered desirable...:p
...he's a salesman... tried and true... ;)

One article said that THCV is more like our own receptors that the potential for a "high" is not that of regular THC. Basically saying...you don't get high off it, but has its uses in the medical feild.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Hard to imagine mmj that acts as an appetite suppressant. I still get the munchies bad every now and then.

Ya me too, I can't even eat hardly if I don't smoke first! I don't need any Crank-Weed,,,,,,,Weed makes me eat and I want to keep it that way!!:D

Wait, pot without the munchies? You guys better start selling that stock you invested in Nabisco...

There are strains like Durban Poison and Full Moon that is high in THCV. The THCV gives the user a spooky visual, almost trippy, high and has been known for some time. They generally are found in the equatorial regions and need 1000w and higher to develop properly. I've never read anywhere that it is responsible for appetite enhancement. Everyone must take what they read with a grain of salt.

I wonder if LSD by Barney's Farm has high thcv...said to produce a trippy effect.

All I know is this; I have never smoked any marijuana that ever gave me anything close to a "trippy like" effect.

Erbal said:
All I know is this; I have never smoked any marijuana that ever gave me anything close to a "trippy like" effect.

Me too until I ate it in a space cake in Jamaica....then it was definitely a feeling like shrooms for about an hour or so. Pretty freaking awesome.:)

Well, eating them is another story. I do agree the body high one gets can be similar to shrooms. Just goes to show that that your intake method affects the high that you get.

Erbal said:
Well, eating them is another story. I do agree the body high one gets can be similar to shrooms. Just goes to show that that your intake method affects the high that you get.

Oh helll yeah big difference on how you intake it....I will be using all my sugar leaf and bud in my freezer for making canna butter now instead of Hash. I am hooked on edibles. Love that high from them.

Latest posts

Back