Super Dark Green Butter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DLtoker

Well, I kinda winged a batch of butter last night. I used 4 ounces of moldy bud, 5 sticks of butter and 4 cups of water. I let it simmer on the stove for an hour and a half, stirring occasionally. Once I started filtering, I noticed the true color of the butter is almost black.

I didn't burn anything. Just curious as to why it's not light green like I'm used to seeing. Any ideas?

Almost an oz of weed per/stick of butter....oh man. That's gonna be some awesome butter.

If it was heavily molded, the plant matter itself may have been partially broken down. If so, that may be why it resulted in darker canna butter.

After an hour and a half of simmering, there won't be anything in it that will harm you. Except for the chlorophyll perhaps. Sometimes, chlorophyll gives folks an upset stomach. The dark green is nothing more than excessive chlorophyll that has been extracted from the weed.

Using buds also makes it darker. The resin in the buds darkens canna butter more than just using leaves.

Man, let us hear a smoke report....hehe

StoneyBud said:
Almost an oz of weed per/stick of butter....oh man. That's gonna be some awesome butter.

If it was heavily molded, the plant matter itself may have been partially broken down. If so, that may be why it resulted in darker canna butter.

After an hour and a half of simmering, there won't be anything in it that will harm you. Except for the chlorophyll perhaps. Sometimes, chlorophyll gives folks an upset stomach. The dark green is nothing more than excessive chlorophyll that has been extracted from the weed.

Using buds also makes it darker. The resin in the buds darkens canna butter more than just using leaves.

Man, let us hear a smoke report....hehe

So what can be done to get more chlorophyll out? Can he have cooked longer? or hotter? i only made a few batches and mines been Green but i thaught was from fresh budds green fadeing in..thanks

Well, while filtering, I was smoking a cigarette, which I don't normally do, and I rubbed my buttery fingers all over it. I licked my fingers, my friend licked the bowl and counter :rolleyes: . So, we were feeling good. 20 minutes later he cracks out a 3 foot bong. I haven't even seen one of those since I was a teenager.

I needed to see if I could still clear it. I turned the tube yellow with smoke and finished it off all in one pull. I can't believe I still have it in me to do something like that.

Anyways, last night wasn't a good night to test it as there are a few different strains that I have been smoking on a regular basis. Today is a new day and I am going to be making a lot of baked goods!

Wooo! :ccc:

DLtoker said:
Today is a new day and I am going to be making a lot of baked goods!

Wooo! :ccc:
You go man!!!! I wish I could have one of those cookies!

My favorite and the favorite of most of my friends is the oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips in them. I put double chips in the weed cookies so I know which are which...hehe

After baking all day, you'll be baked yourself!

AAAmazing! I made 1 batch of chocolate chip cookies and two batches of brownies. I ate one cookie at 2 pm and am still feeling fantastic. It's not as stoney asall of the other butters I have eaten, but it's probably because the buds were sativa dominant. Oh, and the cookies have a green tint to them. :D

Mission accomplished.

DLtoker said:
AAAmazing! I made 1 batch of chocolate chip cookies and two batches of brownies. I ate one cookie at 2 pm and am still feeling fantastic. It's not as stoney asall of the other butters I have eaten, but it's probably because the buds were sativa dominant. Oh, and the cookies have a green tint to them. :D

Mission accomplished.
Ha! It sounds like you did it good, man! If I followed the times right, you got at least a 7 hour buzz off of one cookie! That's awesome!

I read in a book, dont remember the name or author, but anywys, you're not supposed to ingest moldy weed, its bad for your health.

let the bud sit in water for a couple hours, moving it around every now and then. should help the chlorophyll break down and seperate from the plant

Latest posts

Back