Sure fire smell control?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flight175

Reaction score
I've read all about the different types of smell control but have also heard that none of them really work as well as advertised. I was just wondering if any of you pro-growers have tried to control the smell and if so how and how well did it work?

charcoal has come a long way.
I've tried Ozone with good results but if its not used properly could be very dangerous. not recommended & is rearly used anymore.

with charcoal the trick is getting the right filter for you exhaust fan.
always step up to the next size filter because the more surface area the longer the air is in contact with the charcoal.

this is my 2000cfm canister with only 1000cfm pulling threw it. it the goes up the chimney and is never smelt again.

also make sure there is a vacuum in the room (exhaust larger then intake)
so nothing escapes into the house

I change my filter every 3-4 grows, if you have room you can use the old filter as a scrubber

Cnv0042.jpg

The charcoal sounds good. From the looks of the picture your canister looks big (maybe 5 feet long)? Is that needed for a larger grow room? What about a small grow room like closet size?

it measures 44" x 14" or so,
what type & size is your exhaust fan.
they have many different sizes.
16" x 6" would work well with 300cfm
I would get the biggest your space allows.
the bigger the longer it last & the more effective it is.
mine is a "Can filter" brand but Im getting a "Phat filter" brand next time.

carbon filter here,the one im using has lasted 18 months being in use 24/7,obviously it only has to work hard when my girls are budding but all my outlets go through it.the filter im using is the 1mx150 on this page. https://secure.sog.co.nz/storeACF.htm
im going to be replacing the filter in the next few weeks but up til now it has let no smell out at all,my growing area is 6m long x 4m wide x 2m high.i highly recommend these carbon filters,ive tried ozone generators but they didnt work for me.

Activated Charcoal is the only way to go imho... kills smells dead. If u keep it dry it only needs to be changed once a year or so. Costs around $200 cad for a bag big enough for a meter tall filter like Canso's filter.

Okay by the looks of this carbon filter is the way i'm gonna go. 200$ to replace the filter? that's a pretty penny

Well this is a 55kg bag of charcoal tho. A 100cm high floorstanding filter. Really depends on where/how many plants u r growing.

flight175 said:
Okay by the looks of this carbon filter is the way i'm gonna go. 200$ to replace the filter? that's a pretty penny

thats not too bad,where im at it costs $500 to replace the carbon filter,and thats getting it from the place with the best prices i can find,some are up to $700.but for what i pay for these filters they sure as hell work well,my 150/1m filter takes care of two nft tables with 78- 2foot high girls budding with NO SMELL escaping the grow room

Bought 1L of OnaGel, poured out little bit and smeared it on aluminum foil wraped cardboard. Then I hung it on the wall in the grow room next to the fan and it works great. Best 20.00 spent imo.

Yeah it is supposed to be good enough to do 4 full tables.. soo... 16x4 3 foot high plants..

Latest posts

Back