Suuns6500k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suuns6500k

Reaction score
Well,my sprouts are at day three and they all look like they survived and are thriving, I am definitely going to get a 250 watt cfl with fixture and a few 60 watts for good coverage for when they get bigger for veg with the 6500k then flowering go with the 2700k's. It's looking good so far

View attachment 20150415_215750.jpg

View attachment 20150416_074009.jpg

View attachment 20150416_074014.jpg

View attachment 20150416_074029.jpg

View attachment 20150416_074038.jpg

View attachment 20150416_074055.jpg

You should keep all your updates in one thread. I wouldn't make a new thread everytime you want to update. :aok:

NOOOOOOOOO. Please do not get a 250 CFL. I truly can see not justification for anyone buying a large CFL. I hate to keep beating dead horse, but please read the long post I made on the many reasons that this is not a good idea. There were more, but I figured that you would be able to see why the large CFLs are almost worthless. You will have to buy a fixture. CFLs that large use mogul bases and they require a fixture with a mogul socket. That light is only good for a space that is 20" x 20". And you are going to spend 50-150% more on electricity every single month than the same light from another source. And to top it off, the light will produce more heat and substantially less bud.

Well,I guess I won't get the 250 cfl them,I've been looking at a 300 watt GalaxyHydro Led grow light,looks like it has good reviews. Do you think I should go ahead with that and not use cfls . Mind you my space is only like 3×3

400 watt hps or mh is perfect for 3x3. I'm not sure, but i bet its alot cheaper than that led.

Yeah THG is correct,,,CFL's puts out allot of heat,,i know cause yrs ago i tried CFL's,,, and forget it,,all i got was heat and a bigger electric bill for nothing.
T5s,, ive grown from start to finish with, and got some decent Bud.
400 HPS would work even better with exhaust hood. I know nothing about LEDS but there price,,which me no likey,,,Yet...Maybe someday i will give them a try,,and when i do ill get with PJ or others on here and do it right.

Are you reading the replies to your posts after you make them? I have talked quite a bit about lighting.....A 300W LED is not nearly big enough for a 3 x 3 space. You would probably need 3 of them to be adequately lit. Your best bet all the way around is probably an HID setup with both MH and HPS bulbs. A 400W will be enough light for a 3 x 3. Cannabis needs different light spectrums for vegging and flowering. Most digi setups now come with both MH and HPS bulbs. I really really recommend an air cooled hood or cool tube. This is a pretty good price. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-GLK400LS24-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B005ECY4UQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1429281953&sr=8-9&keywords=400w+hps[/ame]

However, you are absolutely going to need ventilation. We are talking about a lot of light here....when you get as much light as you need all lights run hot, some more than others. LEDs run a lot cooler than other lighting, but with LEDs you are going to want about 90 watts per sq ft. There is still a lot of misinformation being passed around about what LEDs can do. Another consideration is that you need a lot of headroom for LEDs as you want to keep the light about 18-24" from the top of the plant. With smaller air cooled lights, I can get the light down to about 6" from the canopy. I have a 400W in a 32 x 32 tent and the plants are an inch or so away from the glass. I do have a nice 4" centrifuge type fan exhausting hot air out.

Which brings us to ventilation. Not only do we need exhaust fans to help cool the light, it also provides a continual supply of fresh air. Plants need a continual supply of fresh air for proper photosynthesis. This is going to cost you some money, too. Something like this: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/VenTech-Inline-Exhaust-Variable-Controller/dp/B00E4WKNAM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1429282777&sr=8-3&keywords=4%22+exhaust+fan[/ame] Do not buy a duct booster fan like this as it will not work. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Suncourt-Inductor--Line-Duct-DB204P/dp/B0015S7D10/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1429282777&sr=8-10&keywords=4%22+exhaust+fan[/ame]

As I mentioned in another thread, there is a reason that cannabis is expensive. It takes, education, knowledge, time, effort, and money....and it can be hard to grow. Not like tomatoes or house plants. I understand that it can be very hard when money is tight. But just like a lot of "hobbies", it does take a certain investment of money, even when you are doing this on a budget. I really see no cheaper alternative, unless you can grow outdoors.

I would love to see you do a bit of reading on light requirements to help you understand what we are trying to tell you. It is probably a good idea to run any proposed purchases by the people here. It can keep you from making ill-advised purchases, like a 250
W CFL (you would have needed 3 of those).

Well,the reviews for this 300 watt led is all positive feedback. Definitely good for two plants in my 3×3. Do I'm going to go with it. Hps and all that is not practical for me as heat is an issue and money as well. Thanks

Well,the reviews for this 300 watt led is all positive feedback. Definitely good for two plants in my 3×3. Do I'm going to go with it. Hps and all that is not practical for me as heat is an issue and money as well. Thanks

There is no way that a 300W LED is going to cover a 3 x 3 space. There is still a lot of hype (lying) out there about how much space an LED will cover. It does not matter how many plants you are growing. It matters how big your space is. That lamp is good for 3-4 sq ft., not 9.

so should I get two of those led lights? People like kravenhead like to throw in rude comments to try and get a rise out of me? Well it's not working as I'm smoking good chronic on a regular basis and insults bounce right off. So thanks for your input kravenhead,but no thanks������������✌

Yes by all means,,get two or three LEDS.
Now ,,is that what ya wanted to hear? Cause your question has been answered a few times already,,but ya keep coming back to the 300 watt Leds,,so lets go with the Leds ,,,Im sure you will be happy with them. Hows that. More like what you wanted to hear right?
You remind me i my youngest Son,,always has questions,,but never likes the answers. Lol

Ok... popcorn... time to find it.

Where did I put it? I know it's around here somewhere...

Bring plenty cause i donts have any. Lol

Perfect,,,yehaaaaaaa. Me and the Doc are eaten popcorn and watchen to see if ya buy the 250 Cfl. :rofl:

Latest posts

Back