Switch to bulb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ20

Super Sativa
Reaction score
Hey,
Would it be cool to have a switch in between a ballast and bulb?HID,400wHPS.Or is this a bad idea?Rather than switching off the entire ballast/system and having to restart it again for whatever purpose..

:icon_smile:

never heard of such a thing....why not use a timer in front of the ballast?

a swith between light and ballast doesnt sound right

take care and be safe

The ballast is on a timer.I just figured that turning off the entire ballast, then back on after a couple minutes, might not be too right..trying to avoid doing that.It's a work in progress

They do make a switch that splits a 2 bulb system.

Lets say you have 1 ballast and 2 flowering room each with their own bulb. The bulbs would alternate at 12 hour intervals. While the ballast does not shut off.

They also sell a 15 minute on time delay. Once the timer turns on the time delay switch, it takes 15 minutes more to turn on your lights. This work very well during short power outages to prevent hot starts. The timer I am talking about is made by CAP and is model HLC2e

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
The ballast is on a timer.I just figured that turning off the entire ballast, then back on after a couple minutes, might not be too right..trying to avoid doing that.It's a work in progress

I don't understand the purpose of this? Why would you be turning your ballast off and then on again in a few minutes?

:yeahthat:

There is no need.

But to answer your question...No. You want the ballast to shut off when the bulbs shuts off for at least 10-15 min so it has time to cool before it refires the bulb just like PC said.

It's a closet grow,im afraid when I open the door, the huge amount of light would give away what im doing to the neighbours, even though my curtains don't really give off shadows.So the switch thing is not a good idea..rats

Latest posts

Back