switching lights??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raquels420

My 420 Care
Reaction score
im turning lights to 12/12 tonight i have a mh can i put the hps in after there shut down and cool off or do i have to wait a while?????

You are going from 24 hours of light to 12. I hope you have a timer. An important part of the dark cycle is that it stays dark. No light leaks anywhere. I used towels and tape to make my first room totally dark. So go in there and check that is completely dark. Then if your going to start dark at say 6:pm...just change your lights before then when they come on in 12 hours it will be the HPS... make sense?

Your going to be a good grower.

I like to run my lights at night to help control the heat. So, right now, my hps comes on at 1 in the morning and goes off at 1 in the afternoon. This gives me plenty of time to care for the plants in the mornings and the lights are turned off during the hottest part of the day.

You have got to move those smaller plants up to the lights... The "growth" you see is probably stretching. Stretching isn't good.

Latest posts

Back