system

slick

Reaction score
hey guys i want to know if anybody can help me figure out what kind of system i should run for 2-3 pounds a month using sog i need info on lights, watts, how many plants ill need etc.. thanks guys i really appreciate all your input...

Biffdoggie

Test Monkey (Moderator)
Reaction score
Too many variables in systems, outputs, experience, strains, attention paid and so forth to just lay that one out.

leelow

Reaction score
wow 2-3 pounds a month is ambitous for an indoor sog grow, you will first need lots of space, money, and time. then you will have to decide hydro or soil, chem or organic. 1 room 2 or three next you will need a really good ventilation/filtration system. i would run multiple diy carbon filters with centrigal fans feed air out of the room via the carbon filters. you can use one 200 cfm centrifgal for these filters with a T. then u will need one more centrigal fan bring fresh cool air into room.You might want to consider an air conditioner. you will probably need 3 or 4 400 watt hid, get digital balasts. for you only need one ballast for hps and mh,saves money, runs cool and quite. I figure for every four square feet of scrog or sog you will need 400w > i would say you could get an ounce two max per plant in sog or scrog dry. you can put 4 plants per foot, so you could get 1 pound per four feet ,thats with 16 cloned females. now you have to remember in order to set up a sustainable system you will need at least 2 seperate areas. one for veg, and for your mothers, 24hr lights, one for bloom,12/12. an possibly a cloning area, you can use the veg. room for cloning. Also you will need a area for drying and.curing.
:eek:
I highly recomend
- lumatek digital ballast
- cool tube hid light fixtures
- fantech centrigal fans
- patience
- planning
best of luck

leelow:eek:

vitocorleone

MuscularGermanCyborgJew
Reaction score
when i heard pounds I assumed this guy was from the UK and wanted to know how much pot he could grow for 2-3 pounds worth of electricity....can i ask a question? why 400 watt lights? you said they cover 4 sq ft? Why not 1000 watt lights? are you sure you could get 2-3 lbs per month using 1200 watts? or did i read that wrong...I'm about to go to sleep.....

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
I personally beleive to get a huge area and produce a lot of wieght, (2) 600W are better than 1K in the middle. Spread out the light to avoid light loss at the edges of the grow.
I'd also do a Scrog to keep the canopy even.
I'd consider a hydro method to get the harvest time faster.
To get that kind of production I'd say you'd need at least 16 sq.ft. of grow area at least.
But thats just my opinion.

Latest posts