Taking a clone close to harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chen

Reaction score
I ended up having to take clones about 6 weeks into flower, and thought I would post my results.

The cuttings rooted within 2 weeks like normal.

It took a while for the clone to find its footing again and re-grow leaves, but after two weeks it looks perfectly normal.

So, all in all, it seems it set me back about 10 days compared to a cutting taken earlier.

uaea898.jpg

i did not know you could do that. what a great way to save a super producer.

Well would you look at that.... huh... Never seen anything like that before lol... Ive revegged plants before but never taken cuts that far into bloom..

Interesting..

what kind of cloner is that? Can we get a larger picture?. Looks like some sort of under current system too me but am interested in from you. thanks for the info

yes! i have had mega producers dripping with trics and how i wished i had taken a clone or two. i have been waiting for someone to chirp in and say "hey, you can't do that." if you can go 6 weeks, how bout 7 ??

chen, what pipe is that you are cloning in?? a ton of growth..

yes! i have had mega producers dripping with trics and how i wished i had taken a clone or two. i have been waiting for someone to chirp in and say "hey, you can't do that." if you can go 6 weeks, how bout 7 ??

chen, what pipe is that you are cloning in?? a ton of growth..

What he said! Th a ts some very vigorous growth. More info please:).

How did you get it to not have to go through that 3 week or so ugly reveg?

pretty amazing and very impressive---not the clone taking at week 6 in flower---but the reveg---i have never seen a plant take off like that in any stage of growth---seems your hydro mix is some sort of super elixir---please share what you are feeding---how large is the tube you are growing in---why is it wrapped in mylar---what about your lighting---please tell more???

How did you get it to not have to go through that 3 week or so ugly reveg?

:yeahthat:

Ive taken many clones late and even reveged many and never did I not get the twisted reveg leaves .Sure hopes the OP stops back by and shares more and not just a photo drop and run

seems you got a crowd here, tell us more!

buds always seem to root faster, i like taking clones when im shaving legs in week 3 of flower

buds always seem to root faster, i like taking clones when im shaving legs in week 3 of flower

The science behind it is sound, with the increased phosphates typically seen by week 1 of bloom, the nutrient profile is more akin to what the plant wants to build roots during early veg/clone when the plant will forgo N in favor of these... (if youve ever noticed a drop in ph in early seedlings and freshly rooted clones, this is why.. Your plants are forgoing N in favor of the P to help build roots, lowering the ph of medium)

The faster rooting makes perfect sense..

One of the best breeders I know is Nspecta from CSI and the Pirates of the emerald triangle and he does this weird thing where he basically pheno hunts by doing a 1 month veg from seed, and then takes all his cuttings 3 weeks into bloom after the stretch.. Not sure why he does this, but he does have to reveg a little but says by the first month of veg the plants are rockin and rollin..

Latest posts

Back