Taking Cuttings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayMcFly

Reaction score
My white widow plant is about 2 weeks from harvest and I was unable to take any cuttings at the beginning as I had no cloning powder and was unsure if it would be male or female.

Would I be able to take cuttings if I place the plant back to 18/6?

It would take a couple of weeks for it to re-veg.

Flowering stage clones take longer to root. So leave in veg. for 3 weeks then take cuttings. IMHO.

I think it would be much better to take cuttings NIW,and accept that they will take up to 2x as long to root as cuttings taken off a vegging plant.
To me, that's better than putting the entire plant back into veg, plus it means you'll still be able to harvest the plant in a few weeks.

what I would do is harvest the plant but only cut the buds off not the plant/branches. Then try and restart the vegging again it would take like 2 months for the vegging to start I was told it works. I never tried it, you don't need cloning powder or gel just try water. I find you could just put the steam in a cup of water in your kitchen window and it will root.

adam420 said:
what I would do is harvest the plant but only cut the buds off not the plant/branches. Then try and restart the vegging again it would take like 2 months for the vegging to start I was told it works. I never tried it, you don't need cloning powder or gel just try water. I find you could just put the steam in a cup of water in your kitchen window and it will root.

This is called re-vegging. It requires a fert with a lot of "N" to pull this off. The plant is almost dead at this point. you want to leave fan leaves and a couple of bud spots at the base. put back under veg. schedule lighting. This is very stressful for the plant.

stressful try living as one of my plants.thats stress

lol

ill go with take clones now better to leave mother plant in flower as opossed to it stinking the whole place out as part flowered better to do clones smell less and yeh they do take time to revegg but do it now.

pkj

been there done that

He's two weeks from harvest. Harvest, then reveg' IMHO. Why waste three months of lights, nutes, waiting ?...I have had plants that took in excess of a month to begin revegging, some that refused to "fully" reveg at all.
If you are only two weeks away anyway. Take some cuttings now and put them to root. Then finish your grow, harvest the tops now if you wish. Early is better than none atall. Take the top 1/3 to 2/3 of the uppermost tops..Leave some lower buds, as many fan leaves as possible. Put it under 24/0 and a vegging or full spectrum nute. Hope for the best.
"That's" the way I would approach it.

i had a 5 foot buckled over female that i transplanted outdoors about 3 weeks ago within a weeks time somehow it turned male. i had it in a 7 gallon bucket and it was close to being rootbound (very tight) i had no problems with torn roots . but anyhow i had to pull it up and replace it with a ww that i already havested and left very few small buds at bottom and middle and few fan leaves and its been about a week and a half its not thriving yet but still living buds still good n green im hoping it does regenate.even though i think that particular strain is only suppose to be around 5 feet it is 4 in a half now . so i donno .

so your saying when im about 2 weeks till harvest i can leave some leave and some buds at the bottoms and put them back into 18/6 and be able to clone it and will it bud again?

im saying if it makes it though the regeneration process. you can wait till it is ready to harvest and regenate too.

exile...I don't see 18/6 anywhere. 24/0 is much better for regeneration.

24 blows 18/6 out of the park in my opinion.. when i had my plants in18/6 the growth was decent but 24/0 made them grow up and out alot faster.. i wish i had used 24 all along

Latest posts

Back