tap root question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtsmoke

Reaction score
hey guys.

i am starting a new grow as wee speak,my babies are 6 days old and are healthy.got them under 400w mh and some 40wcfls,i have noticed some are growin fatser then others.the ones that are bigger are say 1 1/2.and others are smaller.
heres my question

when i germed my seeds took 2 days.and some tap roots where longer then others
is that why some are taller then the others?

sorry no pics my cam is at freinds house

I germed 15 bagseed and 7 designer (mail order) seeds, only half of the bagseed thrived, sragglers got tossed. But all the designer strains are really even in growth. Were these store bought seeds?

Some are just going to go faster than others bro. Things like age differences in the actual sprouting time, soil density and so on will affect it.

exactly /\/\. every plant is its own person. in biology it is known as a plants phenotype- or a plants physical characteristics. although from the same genetic line all of its brothers and sisters may grow differently. some will be stronger some will be weaker.

that is why it is desired to throw down many seeds and simply pull the best and the strongest from that genetic line. this is also how breeders clean up the genetics of a strain and make it an over all stronger strain.

a plant can also only be as good as its genetics. the genetic make up of a plant is its genotype.

george cervantes said it best- genotype+enviroment=phenotype.

good genetics with a good envirment willl get you some strong phenos and further more, bear some kind fruits.
peace

Latest posts

Back