Tap water Ph help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadlakmike1

Reaction score
How is it that my tap water's PH can fluctuate so much from day to day. It might be 7.2 today and then 6.2 two days later. I wish there was some sort of constant other than inconsistency. I guess I'm just frustrated and wondering what's causing these swings.

I water with distilled water until they are ready for their first dose of nutes then I switch to tap. I do not want to have to buy distilled water for every plant I grow for the rest of my life. I am familiar with a lot of the benefits of an RO filter but, would it help to stabilize my PH? If not RO, is there anything I can do to help with this problem other than continuisly testing and adjusting?

ciao: mike..I use water i puchase from the water staion..it comes 6.5-7 all ready..tap water is treated daily for contaminants..you will allways have a diffrent PH as well as added chemicals..I use to buy gallon disstilled but found that the water staion is half the price..good luck to you my friend

How much do you pay? Do you know of any chain stores that offer this? Are you talking about water delivery for offices?

Or just boil the water before you use it and let it settle

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
Or just boil the water before you use it and let it settle

Sorry, but boiling the water you feed your plants is not a good idea. The act of boiling causes several things to happen. First, pure water evaporates, leaving behind more salts, minerals, and other solids in the water. It also removes the dissolved oxygen from the water. Water that has been boiled will have a higher ppm and probably a higher pH.

cadlakmike1 said:
How much do you pay? Do you know of any chain stores that offer this? Are you talking about water delivery for offices?

yes mike...I use the water cooler bottles..I was paying 98 cents for a gallon of Disstilled water from the store..and I have this water cooler at home that has hot and cold..great for the kids..and me too:D anyway yes the ones they have delivered to offices..I dont care for the one Called Crystal clear..it has ph of 7.8:eek: ..but where i go they addjust mine to 6.8..i have 12 @ 5 gallon..one has a spicket at the bottom for gravaty feed drip system, when Im gone..It costs 41 cents a gallon..but if you buy a punch card you get it for 30 cents a gallon..I like buying the 5 gallon jugs..less trips to the shed and 5 gals are refillable..the gallon jugs was pileing up fast..the RO system is the way to go..but for me I have no water line and would need to carry it out ther anyway..Plus i can use the excersize:p Hope this helps:bolt::bong:

I think you can get 5 gallon jugs of RO/distilled water at Wal-Mart for like 12 bucks or something but they're refillable for like $1.89 or something, I'm not sure on the numbers but my buddy was telling me about it... If you're doing hydro, you may look into Advanced Nutrients hard nutes line designed to be used with hard water so you don't have to buy the distilled water, I know what you mean tho, it's PITA always buying water.

4u2sm0ke said:
yes mike...I use the water cooler bottles..I was paying 98 cents for a gallon of Disstilled water from the store..and I have this water cooler at home that has hot and cold..great for the kids..and me too:D anyway yes the ones they have delivered to offices..I dont care for the one Called Crystal clear..it has ph of 7.8:eek: ..but where i go they addjust mine to 6.8..i have 12 @ 5 gallon..one has a spicket at the bottom for gravaty feed drip system, when Im gone..It costs 41 cents a gallon..but if you buy a punch card you get it for 30 cents a gallon..I like buying the 5 gallon jugs..less trips to the shed and 5 gals are refillable..the gallon jugs was pileing up fast..the RO system is the way to go..but for me I have no water line and would need to carry it out ther anyway..Plus i can use the excersize:p Hope this helps:bolt::bong:
so does reverse osmosis take all the nasty chemicals out of the waterlike chlorine etc?

If you have the money , just get an RO filter system. I think they go for like 120 on ebay

Latest posts

Back