TDS Meter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmaine420

Reaction score
So I ordered a PH meter from Amazon and the order got screwed up. Instead I recieved a "TDS meter". When I tried to return it they gave me a refund and told me not to bother sending it back. Can anyone tell me if this is useful for anything grow related? This is the product description.

Product Description: A TDS meter (aka ppm pen, nutrient tester, tds stick) is an inexpensive and convenient digital tool to instantly check your overall water quality. TDS = Total Dissolved Solids, which is any salt, metal or mineral in the water. With the push of a button, the TDS-EZ can tell you your overall water purity level, which will be displayed on the screen in ppm (parts per million). The lower the TDS level, the purer the water, with 0 ppm being pure H2O. The TDS-EZ is great for checking your tap water quality, or knowing when to change a filter. (The meter does not test for biological contaminants.) The TDS-EZ is a great tool for drinking water, water filtration and purification, hydroponics (test your nutrients), aquariums, RO/DI systems, pools and spas, and more.

Also can anyone recomend a reasonably priced ph meter?

Yes.
.tells the strength of your nute solution

Also can anyone recomend a reasonably priced ph meter?

I would recommend the HM Digital Model PH80.

It's commonly used and referred to in the forums. It's affordable (under $50), accurate, durable, temp and pH readings.... can't say much bad about mine.

If you want to spend more, there are others but I wouldn't buy a cheapo one. I bought a Milwaukee for about $30 and I don't really like it.

Latest posts

Back