TDubs tiny tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
07255A69-9EC1-4518-920E-FD69AF40A137.png

Do some research on these. You will want one later on if you stick with it.
I love mine.

Thanks @oldfogey8 for steering me to this Marty Music channel. This guy is an amazing teacher! I just signed up for his introduction to Power Chords and he makes the learning process more enjoyable than any music teacher I’ve ever seen. My poor wife is listening to me practicing only two power chords……over, and over, and over again as I practice.
He is a very good instructor. My fingers don’t work like I would like them to do a lot of times I just use the chord shapes to simplify the songs so I can play the song then work up to some of the more complicated stuff. It is fun to learn the chord progressions then find the song on YouTube and play along(crappily but I only play for me). It is rewarding for me to be a rhythm guitar player on songs I like. I don’t know if you have seen the ‘simplify’ button on that Guitar Tabs app. It is helpful to get me started on a song while I learn the more intricate finger positions on alternate chords.

Thanks Johnnyrr435! I took your advise and raised the ph today to 6.6 instead of my usual 6.3. I’m within 3 weeks of harvest, so I’ll actually start fading some nutrients soon. Not only did I give them their Lucas Formula dosage of GH Flora (8ml/ g or Micro and 16ml/g of Bloom) but also 4ml/g of Liquid KoolBloom (0-10-10) and 8ml/g of Terpinator too. I’m almost ready to start fading nutrients as I’m in week 7 and the trichomes are looking promising. Nutrients were at 1300 ppm. Two of these strains are 8-10 week strains (1-3 more weeks) and the Purple Ghost Candy is expected to run 10-12 weeks. (4 more weeks)

View attachment 320167View attachment 320164View attachment 320163
Looks good, girls will finish well!
EA8D7C25-396E-4042-A97C-DED7014C111A.jpeg

My Lemongrass is in its first week

Well, good Morning! It is Saturday, and that means it’s the beginning of another week of flower. Here we have Godfather and LA Peyote Kush at week 8 of flower and Purple Ghost Candy at 9 weeks of flower. The house continues to smell wonderful when I open the tent. My Ona gel bucket just can’t keep up with the aroma. Looks like we won’t be hosting any guests for the next 3 weeks. Haha

The plants are still drinking .6-.7 gallons of nutrients per day from the reservoir. I filled the reservoir with 1300 ppm nutrient solution at a ph of 6.6. My water is naturally dropping down to 6.3 ph with nutrients, so I’m having to use PH Up to get the higher PH levels. My understanding is that they will stop drinking as much as we approach the harvest date. I expect to harvest the Godfather and LA Peyote Kush in 1-2 weeks as the Trichomes are becoming cloudy now.

After today, I will cut back on nutrients by 50% and proceed to fade to the finish. I will continue to provide Terpinator and Liquid KoolBloom…..but less Micro and Bloom. I’m not planning to flush plants.

Godfather OG (DNA Crew). Very frosty and becoming difficult to move for photos.
BEB3A9F8-A33A-4D34-80E1-1351A0285B7F.jpeg8E2FCFB1-D984-4457-8F54-FA7BD0B913BE.jpeg36E735EF-101A-48C0-937D-9A0B2807872E.jpeg29AFF0A5-E213-44EE-A845-E810B77E38A8.png

LA Peyote Kush.
81C6B1BF-2BF6-4CBE-819D-4C0F560BD268.jpegF49DEDF3-029E-4E3A-B96E-88009A2E0335.jpeg53F344F3-9B8C-48F6-9499-6497D860CDA1.jpeg

Purple Ghost Candy. (Buds are getting heavy and the plant is difficult to move)
I expected more purple from this strain. Night time lows are 68 degrees…..maybe not cold enough for purple to show.
DF756384-9EC7-4D28-8182-7258D46EE36A.jpeg9096A8DC-7BFB-4758-A581-5DF3249FD3C0.jpeg01D4DC28-2CD7-4486-8B8B-A5D8374BFDF0.jpeg

3-4 more weeks before I close this grow journal. For the Next grow journal I will be documenting the use of Octopots in my small 2x4 tent. It can only fit two pots, but watering will be reduced from daily to weekly. (Lower maintenance in summer, and the ability to travel will be nice). They hood 5 gallons of nutrient solution compared to 1 gallon for these AC Infinity self-watering pots.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Well, good Morning! It is Saturday, and that means it’s the beginning of another week of flower. Here we have Godfather and LA Peyote Kush at week 8 of flower and Purple Ghost Candy at 9 weeks of flower. The house continues to smell wonderful when I open the tent. My Ona gel bucket just can’t keep up with the aroma. Looks like we won’t be hosting any guests for the next 3 weeks. Haha

The plants are still drinking .6-.7 gallons of nutrients per day from the reservoir. I filled the reservoir with 1300 ppm nutrient solution at a ph of 6.6. My water is naturally dropping down to 6.3 ph with nutrients, so I’m having to use PH Up to get the higher PH levels. My understanding is that they will stop drinking as much as we approach the harvest date. I expect to harvest the Godfather and LA Peyote Kush in 1-2 weeks as the Trichomes are becoming cloudy now.

After today, I will cut back on nutrients by 50% and proceed to fade to the finish. I will continue to provide Terpinator and Liquid KoolBloom…..but less Micro and Bloom. I’m not planning to flush plants.

Godfather OG (DNA Crew). Very frosty and becoming difficult to move for photos.
View attachment 320347View attachment 320345View attachment 320346View attachment 320356

LA Peyote Kush.
View attachment 320354View attachment 320353View attachment 320355

Purple Ghost Candy. (Buds are getting heavy and the plant is difficult to move)
I expected more purple from this strain. Night time lows are 68 degrees…..maybe not cold enough for purple to show.
View attachment 320352View attachment 320351View attachment 320348

3-4 more weeks before I close this grow journal. For the Next grow journal I will be documenting the use of Octopots in my small 2x4 tent. It can only fit two pots, but watering will be reduced from daily to weekly. (Lower maintenance in summer, and the ability to travel will be nice). They hood 5 gallons of nutrient solution compared to 1 gallon for these AC Infinity self-watering pots.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Looking good T-dub 😊

View attachment 320169

Do some research on these. You will want one later on if you stick with it.
I love mine.

Thank you Flower! Yes, I see a lot of guitars and amps that I would love to own if my skills were better. For now, I don’t think my wife would agree with anything that allows me to play my four chords LOUDER. Haha. But that’s a cool 40 watt amp that you showed! I’m only using a little 20 watt Fender Champion. (I’m learning power chords currently….and playing them poorly)

Yes, I see a lot of potential toys in my future though.

Looking good T-dub 😊

Thanks SubmarineGirl!

Thank you Flower! Yes, I see a lot of guitars and amps that I would love to own if my skills were better. For now, I don’t think my wife would agree with anything that allows me to play my four chords LOUDER. Haha. But that’s a cool 40 watt amp that you showed! I’m only using a little 20 watt Fender Champion. (I’m learning power chords currently….and playing them poorly)

Thanks SubmarineGirl!
52E8CFB0-DE7D-49D8-A9D2-CDC1B78DD17E.png
9BF3ECF5-CD4A-47A8-B850-64E83970872F.png

There is a little more to this amp than being loud, I rarely play it without headphones because my wife also complains.
Included screenshots show some of the features of the PG app that is installed on my phone. This allows backing tracks and educational content to be played through the amp via Bluetooth.
Notice, chord changes are displayed while you play along.
I can pull up Marty music YouTube on my phone, play it through the amp via Bluetooth, and play along with Marty, all while wearing headphones, and not irritating the wife.
Wait, there’s more!
The amp is also the best stand alone Bluetooth speaker you can find, even if your wife doesn’t appreciate your musical prowess, she will still love having a quality speaker to pair her phone to and listen to canned music.
My wife loves having mine at camp during the summer.

Thanks SubmarineGirl!
If you are looking into acoustic guitars, I am a big fan of Taylor’s. The action on them is usually lower so they are easier to play. They have a Baby Taylor that I would love to get as they are pretty portable and actually have a pretty big sound. I bought myself a 12 string Taylor years ago that I rarely play(maybe once a year) but it is always in tune when I take it out of its case. I should sell it so someone would get use out of it but I like to have it around.

View attachment 320357View attachment 320358
There is a little more to this amp than being loud, I rarely play it without headphones because my wife also complains.
Included screenshots show some of the features of the PG app that is installed on my phone. This allows backing tracks and educational content to be played through the amp via Bluetooth.
Notice, chord changes are displayed while you play along.
I can pull up Marty music YouTube on my phone, play it through the amp via Bluetooth, and play along with Marty, all while wearing headphones, and not irritating the wife.
Wait, there’s more!
The amp is also the best stand alone Bluetooth speaker you can find, even if your wife doesn’t appreciate your musical prowess, she will still love having a quality speaker to pair her phone to and listen to canned music.
My wife loves having mine at camp during the summer.
I was wondering what the Bluetooth was for. I’m still pretty uninformed about amps, but that looks really slick with the included app. As my skills progress, I will definitely research these features. My ultimate goal is to be able to play along with my favorite music….not looking to become the lead guitarist for a band. This could become my Christmas gift next year if I stick with this hobby.

Thanks for explaining it further….I’m really wishing I had paid more and bought this instead of the Fender. 🤦‍♂️. Oh well.

If you are looking into acoustic guitars, I am a big fan of Taylor’s. The action on them is usually lower so they are easier to play. They have a Baby Taylor that I would love to get as they are pretty portable and actually have a pretty big sound. I bought myself a 12 string Taylor years ago that I rarely play(maybe once a year) but it is always in tune when I take it out of its case. I should sell it so someone would get use out of it but I like to have it around.
I come from a family of guitars players, My Father played and built guitars My Sister played and My Brother is a guitarist for 40 years .
Plays a Kevin Ryan guitar ,my Sisters 12 string and others .

Thank you Old Fogey! I currently have a Seagull Original entry level acoustic guitar that I tried to learn on a few years ago. I added a Michael Kelly hybrid 60 electric guitar (on a deep sale….no other reason than I’m being cheap) this year because it’s more in line with the 80s/90s rock and metal sound that I like to listen to.

If I get serious about guitar, I’ll sell the Seagull and Michael Kelly for better instruments. I’m just hesitant to spend too much on a hobby that has a 90% dropout rate according to Fender. I also don’t seem to have any musical ability, so its going to take a little more persistence to get through the first few months.

I’m taking the Marty Music 8-lesson Power Chord class now online which should get me closer to playing along with some music soon too.

I’m thinking that an amp like Flower showed, with Bluetooth and an app for playing along, may be my next purchase for keeping me engaged in the hobby. I also need to do some homework on how pedals work……it’s all very overwhelming for a noob. Im going to attend some classes at our local music store, so I’ll pick their brains on pedals, loopers and amps.

Thanks again for the guidance! I’ve heard good things about Taylor…..I’ll read up on them.

Thank you Old Fogey! I currently have a Seagull Original entry level acoustic guitar that I tried to learn on a few years ago. I added a Michael Kelly hybrid 60 electric guitar (on a deep sale….no other reason than I’m being cheap) this year because it’s more in line with the 80s/90s rock and metal sound that I like to listen to.

If I get serious about guitar, I’ll sell the Seagull and Michael Kelly for better instruments. I’m just hesitant to spend too much on a hobby that has a 90% dropout rate according to Fender. I also don’t seem to have any musical ability, so its going to take a little more persistence to get through the first few months.

I’m taking the Marty Music 8-lesson Power Chord class now online which should get me closer to playing along with some music soon too.

I’m thinking that an amp like Flower showed, with Bluetooth and an app for playing along, may be my next purchase for keeping me engaged in the hobby. I also need to do some homework on how pedals work……it’s all very overwhelming for a noob. Im going to attend some classes at our local music store, so I’ll pick their brains on pedals, loopers and amps.

Thanks again for the guidance! I’ve heard good things about Taylor…..I’ll read up on them.
I haven’t tried a Seagull but have read they are top tier. I used to visit a music store in Clifton Park NY that had a huge selection of used instruments weekly and tried out a wide variety of guitars. The Taylor’s were by far the most comfortable for me to play(I almost bought a Yairi Alvarez 12 string-beautiful guitar). I suggest checking out a good music store and play a bunch of guitars. I went in wanting a Martin or Gibson but they just weren’t for me(I had a Baby Martin that I traded with my son for his cheapo Fender acoustic). Find something that feels good for you. My myopathy screws with my hand strength so maybe something else would feel better to you. Barre/power chords are tough for me so I look for variations that require better flexibility vs strength. Took me a while to figure that out.

Seagull makes great guitars. Love mine.
I wouldn’t worry a whole lot about pedals. I have plenty laying around from back in my band days. I never touch them anymore.

Thanks!! You just saved me some money by steering me away from pedals. I’m under the gun for spending too much on this hobby. HOWEVER….now I’m craving a new amp! Thanks for that…..LOL. I do appreciate the input as this is all new to me.

I haven’t tried a Seagull but have read they are top tier. I used to visit a music store in Clifton Park NY that had a huge selection of used instruments weekly and tried out a wide variety of guitars. The Taylor’s were by far the most comfortable for me to play(I almost bought a Yairi Alvarez 12 string-beautiful guitar). I suggest checking out a good music store and play a bunch of guitars. I went in wanting a Martin or Gibson but they just weren’t for me(I had a Baby Martin that I traded with my son for his cheapo Fender acoustic). Find something that feels good for you. My myopathy screws with my hand strength so maybe something else would feel better to you. Barre/power chords are tough for me so I look for variations that require better flexibility vs strength. Took me a while to figure that out.

Thanks Old Fogey, I read some really nice reviews about Taylors and their quality/sound compared to Gibsons and Martins. I’m going to try them out at the guitar store. My Seagull sounds ok, especially now that I’ve changed the strings for the first time ever (5 years later), but it’s not a high end guitar by any means. A 12 string guitar sounds intimidating!

Latest posts

Back