TDubs tiny tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi OldFogey….hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Wow…..you have shown a lot of patience by waiting for 14 weeks. I think I can do 13 weeks before I’ll need the tent, but this is only a 7-9 week strain and the other one was ready in 8. Hopefully I don’t have to wait much more. I really like the samples from the first Blue Dream, but I’d like the next harvest to be a little less energizing. I don’t mind waiting a few more weeks, especially now that I have some harvested. Sounds like there’s very little downside to waiting as long as it doesn’t turn too amber. I’ll follow your advice here. Thanks

I think I’m close to jarring and curing time…..this should be my best harvest ever since I usually overdry it quickly. My weed generally sucked until now. Documenting my grow forces me to pay attention.
I harvested one of the plants I think at 11 weeks and it was much speedier. The extra few weeks seemed to temper the speedy effect but there was no couchlock at all. After a hit or two, I was ready for action but focused as opposed to scatterbrained(if that makes sense).

Fulvic acid along with EM-1 seemed to up my bud density in the past. I have some powder I got from Kelp4Less called Extreme Blend that has kelp and fulvic acid in it that seemed to help. I also tried a liquid from General Hydroponics called Diamond Nectar which worked and I liked better because it was easier to mix(I was using a 2 gallon sprayer to water my plants with and some of the solids in EB would clog the sprayer. EM-1 is a liquid like fermented tea that is full of beneficial microbes that help chelate nutrients for easier uptake.

Thanks Old Fogey. I was originally convinced that I needed every supplement on the expert feeding schedule for the General Hydroponics Flora line, so I still own some Diamond Nectar. Never understood what it was for. I’ll dig out my Diamond Nectar for this grow. I also didn’t realize it needed to be sprayed, but I can get a mister.

Are you referencing this EM-1?
B47DA419-E1E8-42C7-A22D-75166E312231.png

I love EM-1 and so do my plants. I add it to my FF scheduled feedings along with CalMag.

Thanks Old Fogey. I was originally convinced that I needed every supplement on the expert feeding schedule for the General Hydroponics Flora line, so I still own some Diamond Nectar. Never understood what it was for. I’ll dig out my Diamond Nectar for this grow. I also didn’t realize it needed to be sprayed, but I can get a mister.

Are you referencing this EM-1?
View attachment 313911
Yes. That is the stuff.

I was using the sprayer to water my pots. I found it wet the soil better and had less water running down the sides of my felt pots. I wasn’t sure if it maybe aerated the water a little bit too. Plus, it was a back saver since I could stand up straight and use the wand to do the bending for me.

The fulvic acid and EM-1 can be foliar fed but I don’t do it in flower. I just add both to my feeding water. Fun fact-if you have houseplants, they love this stuff. Explosive growth and flowering(on flowering plants). I have a Saguaro cactus that I brought home from AZ in 2020. It stayed about 2” tall for about 20 years and since I started minimally feeding it, it has taken off and is about 8” tall now. So I believe the hype.

I bought some Bokashi bran from Terraganix this summer. It is EM infused bran to be used as an additive for soils. My Freakshow plants took off after transplanting into soil I put the bran in. I can’t say whether they took off because of the bran or the uppotting. Can’t hurt though and I kinda like the smell of it.

EM-1 can be reproduced at home. Just need some starter EM-1, molasses and water and a carboy setup. It stretches how long a bottle will last. 2 oz makes 32 oz.

Yes. That is the stuff.

I was using the sprayer to water my pots. I found it wet the soil better and had less water running down the sides of my felt pots. I wasn’t sure if it maybe aerated the water a little bit too. Plus, it was a back saver since I could stand up straight and use the wand to do the bending for me.

The fulvic acid and EM-1 can be foliar fed but I don’t do it in flower. I just add both to my feeding water. Fun fact-if you have houseplants, they love this stuff. Explosive growth and flowering(on flowering plants). I have a Saguaro cactus that I brought home from AZ in 2020. It stayed about 2” tall for about 20 years and since I started minimally feeding it, it has taken off and is about 8” tall now. So I believe the hype.

I bought some Bokashi bran from Terraganix this summer. It is EM infused bran to be used as an additive for soils. My Freakshow plants took off after transplanting into soil I put the bran in. I can’t say whether they took off because of the bran or the uppotting. Can’t hurt though and I kinda like the smell of it.

EM-1 can be reproduced at home. Just need some starter EM-1, molasses and water and a carboy setup. It stretches how long a bottle will last. 2 oz makes 32 oz.

Thanks for all of that shared information OldFogey. I have some small wine jugs and airlocks around, so I’m ready to get some beneficial bacteria brewing. I also ordered a small bottle of EM1 and a gallon of unsulfured molasses.

Here’s the video on making EM1 for anyone interested. I need to watch this again when my EM1 and molasses get here.

As previously mentioned, I harvested half of the tent last week. Hung the branches at 58% humidity for several days to go for a slow dry. Turns out I went too long and ruined the cure. Hygrometers are reading 50% after jarring the buds yesterday. Dangit. I will do better next time. I added a few small fresh colas from the tent to the dry jars to add some humidity, but I cure is done. While not perfect, it was still the slowest dry I’ve ever done, so it may taste decent.

So….4 one-quart mason jars off the first plant, including a lot of larf and a few sugar leaves that escaped trimming. Nobody sees the buds except me, so I don’t do a tight manicure.

272A0806-F2C6-43AD-A826-C8E5DC49B41D.jpeg

Thanks for all of that shared information OldFogey. I have some small wine jugs and airlocks around, so I’m ready to get some beneficial bacteria brewing. I also ordered a small bottle of EM1 and a gallon of unsulfured molasses.

Here’s the video on making EM1 for anyone interested. I need to watch this again when my EM1 and molasses get here.

I only make a quart of the EM-A at a time. I can’t use it up faster than that as I think they say it is only good for about a month. The EM-1 keeps longer for some reason.

As previously mentioned, I harvested half of the tent last week. Hung the branches at 58% humidity for several days to go for a slow dry. Turns out I went too long and ruined the cure. Hygrometers are reading 50% after jarring the buds yesterday. Dangit. I will do better next time. I added a few small fresh colas from the tent to the dry jars to add some humidity, but I cure is done. While not perfect, it was still the slowest dry I’ve ever done, so it may taste decent.

So….4 one-quart mason jars off the first plant, including a lot of larf and a few sugar leaves that escaped trimming. Nobody sees the buds except me, so I don’t do a tight manicure.

View attachment 313948
I screwed up some of my dry/cure from my recent harvest as well. I typically under dry and then beat myself up about it as it takes forever to get into the ‘cure zone’ of not dried when hung to around 70%. I harvested piecemeal so some got away from me. The buds I missed the timing on taste and smell grassy(sad face) but are still potent enough for me. You may be pleasantly surprised though. It can take a couple of days for the moisture from inside the bud to make its way to the rest of the bud. 50% might be too dry but maybe not. As Lloyd in Dumb and Dumber says ‘there is a chance’… ;)

Good morning,
Yesterday I broke down and transplanted to one gallon containers much earlier than I should have, I just can’t help but screw around with stuff when I’m bored. I used the Mykos that Carty recommended too around the rootball. There were a few small roots circling the bottom of the solo cup, but very minor.

The LED is at 18” and 40% intensity. (130 watt LED). Recommended by ACI is 18” and 30% intensity.

So here they are at week #3 since sprouting. They are still in the “seedling stage” by what I can tell (no 7 finger leaves yet)?

The Seedsman LA Peyote Kush was originally my spare seed and I didn’t care that her main stalk gave out yesterday. However, after careful consideration, I’ve decided to try to keep her as a mother plant. I’ve never cloned before, but I have a small veg tent that could be used for clones or seeds. Hmmmm. I have time to decide, but I ended up using an industrial needle as a stake. I have never cloned or kept a mother plant….it will all be new to me.

D01E3705-8F5B-4118-BA2A-F380A3F94BEB.jpegA3CC45D7-24EB-41E0-943F-1112D62BED31.jpeg731F9ED4-1836-4634-95A4-F05CCE034C18.jpeg

Here’s The Godfather OG and Purple Ghost Candy. Looking very healthy and they seem to grow faster now that I can provide more humidity in seedling/veg phase. These are my two priority plants.

8FC9F589-8101-4446-B3BA-9503D1A73391.jpeg0F781ADE-A22D-41CA-A154-3F5D1882E108.jpeg

Waiting for my EM-1 fermentation kit to show up. In the meantime, I’m misting them with RO water, CalMag and Seaweed Extract every morning.

I am off to check the Blue Dream now that we’re entering flowering week 10 (7-9 week strain).

Good morning,
Yesterday I broke down and transplanted to one gallon containers much earlier than I should have, I just can’t help but screw around with stuff when I’m bored. I used the Mykos that Carty recommended too around the rootball. There were a few small roots circling the bottom of the solo cup, but very minor.

The LED is at 18” and 40% intensity. (130 watt LED). Recommended by ACI is 18” and 30% intensity.

So here they are at week #3 since sprouting. They are still in the “seedling stage” by what I can tell (no 7 finger leaves yet)?

The Seedsman LA Peyote Kush was originally my spare seed and I didn’t care that her main stalk gave out yesterday. However, after careful consideration, I’ve decided to try to keep her as a mother plant. I’ve never cloned before, but I have a small veg tent that could be used for clones or seeds. Hmmmm. I have time to decide, but I ended up using an industrial needle as a stake. I have never cloned or kept a mother plant….it will all be new to me.

View attachment 314047View attachment 314048View attachment 314049

Here’s The Godfather OG and Purple Ghost Candy. Looking very healthy and they seem to grow faster now that I can provide more humidity in seedling/veg phase. These are my two priority plants.

View attachment 314050View attachment 314051

Waiting for my EM-1 fermentation kit to show up. In the meantime, I’m misting them with RO water, CalMag and Seaweed Extract every morning.

I am off to check the Blue Dream now that we’re entering flowering week 10 (7-9 week strain).
where are you getting the em1kit?
they look good !

they look good !

Hi Joeb631…..it’s not an official “kit”. I’m buying 16 oz of EM-1 (stuff Is expensive) as well as wide-mouth quart fermentation lids and unsulfured molasses from Amazon. That should be all that I need to make up bigger batches.

they look good !
If you order thru Teraganix, they have a deal where you get a 32 oz bottle of EM1 and a 2 lb bag of Bokashi bran fro $49.95 and I think you get 15% off. I wanted the stuff fast though so I went thru Amazon. When my order arrived, it only had a 16 oz bottle. I was pissed but wanted to use it immediately so I didn’t make a stink. Probably should have or should have ordered thru Teraganix.

If you order thru Teraganix, they have a deal where you get a 32 oz bottle of EM1 and a 2 lb bag of Bokashi bran fro $49.95 and I think you get 15% off. I wanted the stuff fast though so I went thru Amazon. When my order arrived, it only had a 16 oz bottle. I was pissed but wanted to use it immediately so I didn’t make a stink. Probably should have or should have ordered thru Teraganix.
thank you

thank you
BTW-I thought that using chemical nutes killed microbes but @WeedHopper uses EM1 with his non-organic nutes and his plants look happy. Myth busted in my opinion.

@T_Dub - I have been tempted to try to make a batch of the EMA out of the EMA I make from the EM1 bottle to see if it ferments. The directions I have read say that won’t work but I am skeptical about that. Seems to me like microbes are microbes generation after generation(like sour dough starter)…

BTW-I thought that using chemical nutes killed microbes but @WeedHopper uses EM1 with his non-organic nutes and his plants look happy. Myth busted in my opinion.

@T_Dub - I have been tempted to try to make a batch of the EMA out of the EMA I make from the EM1 bottle to see if it ferments. The directions I have read say that won’t work but I am skeptical about that. Seems to me like microbes are microbes generation after generation(like sour dough starter)…
the more i go down this rabbit hole microbes ,fungi and bacteria are the #1 hit parade ( really 3 hits but im on my second bowl)

Thank you OldFogey! I was concerned about using nutes and tap water too. I’m using GH Flora series this time around, I treat all of my tap water with aquarium treatment solution to knock out the chloramines…..hope it’s enough for the EM-1 bacteria to survive and thrive. Thank you for the advice.

I was planning to do exactly as you propose by making a new batch every few weeks or so using the old batch.

I was reading up on how to make your own EM-1 from brown rice, and it appears that the bacteria like to have additional food items beyond molasses. Perhaps if we add brown rice, sea salt, azomite, calcium, kelp or milk as this article recommends, we could improve the willingness of the bacteria to continue to replicate? I’m totally guessing here, but I’m willing to experiment with it. I have four fermentation lids coming to play with. 😁

https://zenyrgarden.com/how-to-make-em1-effective-microorganism/

Welcome to week 10 of flower for my second Blue Dream plant. She’s running longer than the 7-9 week breeder estimate, but I’m usually 1-2 weeks longer than that anyway. Im still surprised that the first plant matured so quickly.

I’ve release the SCROG net….so now one can see how leafy this girl is. I didn’t defoliate nearly enough for sure. I am seeing much better cola development on this plant compared to the first….I topped this one at least 3x. She’s been getting nothing but water and Terpinator for the last two weeks and she should be ready any day. Starting to show some purple in her leaves and drink less water. A few amber trichomes are starting to form too. I’m in no rush to harvest since I have plenty of room in the veg tent for the seedlings to continue to grow.

D0BDADCC-1950-44C7-9EC2-575FFCA1F4BC.jpeg14454C3C-3093-446F-AE98-61C1EE9EDA61.jpegB8E62502-4232-4112-9EA3-AC8E74AB37A4.jpeg7BA2EC69-C08B-4B7E-B251-87AC573A4A83.jpeg

The veg tent is holding temp and humidity steadily and the seedlings are making nice growth gains. 22 days since sprouting and they’re looking very healthy. Must be the 70% humidity and 78 degree temperatures.

678431F4-EB04-4028-9C5B-6C4F828E14B9.jpeg58DDCF56-BDBE-4F49-A294-9663008F0800.jpeg

I actually had a really good experience with just the EM-1 out of the bottle using it as the directions say. Why do you add the Molasses?

I actually had a really good experience with just the EM-1 out of the bottle using it as the directions say. Why do you add the Molasses?
You can use molasses to make additional EM from the EM you have. It is a way of stretching the bottle you buy. You can use something like 2 oz of EM and 2 oz of molasses with 28 oz of water to make an additional quart of EM(don’t quote me on the numbers-I think those are about right). That way you get 16 quarts of EM from a single quart that you purchase.

Latest posts

Back