TDubs tiny tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you @oldfogey8 and @Flower for the tip about Marty Swartz! Another great resource. I see several of his beginner classes on YouTube that are appealing to me. I hope to take his Metallica classes someday.

@bigsur51 , I’ve never even heard of Django before today. They are talented, but the music could use more cowbell.

Thank you @oldfogey8 and @Flower for the tip about Marty Swartz! Another great resource. I see several of his beginner classes on YouTube that are appealing to me. I hope to take his Metallica classes someday.

@bigsur51 , I’ve never even heard of Django before today. They are talented, but the music could use more cowbell.

Weird. Mrs Fogey and I were coming back from dinner and Don’t Fear the Reaper was on the radidio. We looked at each other and simultaneously said ‘more cowbell’…
any of ya all listen to any Django?

that guy is UNCHAINED!

Jammin’ on nylon or catgut strings.

Week 3 of Flower-Day 1
View attachment 310539

Welcome back…..Still dialing in the grow tent and transitioning from veg to flower.

Feeding Time…..I was historically feeding 1-1.5 gallons per plant before with a little runoff from my 5 gallon fabric pots. I suspect that I haven’t been giving enough liquid for sufficient runoff in my previous grows which leads to some potential problems with salt buildup. Friday’s feed was 1.75 gallons each at 900ppm going in and almost 2100 ppm runoff water. Saturday, I fed 2.2 gallons each at 1050ppm going in and 1900 ppm with the runoff water. So the concentration of salts in the soil seems to be improving with each feeding.
4.75 Gallons fed at 1050 ppm / 1.75 gallons of runoff sucked up from drain pans at 1900 ppm
Mega Crop. 3.5g/ gallon
Bud Explosion .9g/gallon
CalMag 13 ml in 4.75 gallons
Ph Down roughly 3-4ml
1.75 gallons of RO and 3 gallons of tap

View attachment 310537

Today…..I did two actions to address this high soil ppm concentration. I wanted to fix this before the flowering stage is too established.

1.). Fed 3 gallons total (1.5 each) of tap water with General Hydroponics Florakleen and CalMag to help flush salts out of soil….ph’d to 6.2. Didn’t measure ppm of ingoing liquid, but runoff ppm was down to 1400. Runoff ph at 5.9. Im happy with those numbers, but I hope the soil increases slightly.

2.). Fed 2 gallons (1 gallon each) with Megacrop (4g/gallon), Bud Explosion (1g/gallon), Sweet Candy (1g/gallon) and Epsom Salt (.5T/gallon). PPM was relatively high as a result of the Epsom salt…1500. That Epsom salt raised the ppm from 990 to 1500. Runoff at 1500 too. Future feeding will be kept below 1100ppm.

Vacuumed runoff and the tent is ready to go for another day. Friday’s runoff ppm was. 2100 and we are now down to 1500 ppm. As long as I continue to feed with plenty of runoff, I hope to be able to finish this grow without a flush.

On a secondary note, I’m using 5 gallon fabric pots for the first time in a while. I forgot how much more humidity they put off in the garden with their porous sides. I think I’m going to switch back to plastic Warrior pots on my next grow to reduce humidity and water less frequently. They still deliver oxygen to the roots and they don’t allow for as much evaporation between watering.

Here’s my rationale….I vent into my grow room where I run a dehumidifier. Unfortunately, I have no option for external venting. Since the fabric pots put off more humidity, I’m running my dehumidifier more frequently and for longer periods. So higher utility costs and more wear-and-tear on my dehumidifier is what I think I am experiencing. Is the extra cost worth it for the air pruning fabric pot???

I’m still working to dial in a stable VPD. Revised this table that I found online for the narrower grow room parameters. Planning to purchase a controller to automate some fans and lighting…..doing more research. Feel free to steal if it’s helpful….I borrowed it from GrowDoctor.com.

View attachment 310540
For anyone joining in, here are some topics I’m researching for this week. (I have a lot of free time). Feel free to jump in….
1.) do you think runoff ppm matters in soil? Mixed results online, but I will continue feeding with plenty of runoff to minimize salt buildup
2.). Are fabric pots really that superior where they are worth the extra dehumidifier expense? Do you notice better results with your buds?
3.) Researching AC Infinity Controller 69 Wifi. Looking ti to automate and control remotely the exhaust fan, oscillating fans and my light.
4.). Are there any benefits to adding seaweed extract in flower?
5.). Should I be defoliating in week 3 of flower?

Whew….today is completed by 7am. Productive morning!
New here too and love dedication because it equals motivation !
I use different apps to help what I guessed on before. In soil I never thought of measuring ppm?!
I found available nutrients and proper ph in soil is everything. Here is some graphs
I use.
4C2A7985-9127-4853-990F-CD262D09602D.png
D3DF3112-A315-4717-A185-316C5FBBB52E.jpeg

Attachments

• C14A8693-ADF4-4996-A2A0-FF52F60AE535.png
    C14A8693-ADF4-4996-A2A0-FF52F60AE535.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
New here too and love dedication because it equals motivation !
I use different apps to help what I guessed on before. In soil I never thought of measuring ppm?!
I found available nutrients and proper ph in soil is everything. Here is some graphs
I use.View attachment 319931View attachment 319932
Thanks! I found the Photone lighting app very educational when it came to lighting. I’m going to try dialing my lights down during the last two weeks of flower based on their DLI chart.

Good day…..a quick update to the garden. Not much has changed since 9 days ago. Maybe a little frostier, but otherwise it’s just a waiting game. Seeing some brown pistils, but I haven’t even started looking at Trichomes yet. I’m filling the self watering reservoirs daily and they’re still drinking over half a gallon each per day. We are only only starting week 7 of flower. As I recall, my plants stopped drinking so much once they were ready for harvest. I expect the Purple Ghost Candy to run up to 12 weeks before harvest. I’m guessing at least 10 weeks for the other two. I’m hoping for sooner than that.

The house reeks when I open the tents, so I’m running fans over ONA gel buckets to keep the house relatively neutral. It’s going to be a long 5 weeks.

Here is the Godfather OG (starting week 7 of flower)
8D070B2C-57FB-4060-A9C0-AFC6C3C5E27C.jpegB12F5ADC-8E34-4098-9FCD-218CFD292582.jpeg

Purple Ghost Candy (week 8 of flower)
5C3C873F-7A89-4D11-97CC-A47E7C5D5933.jpegF5F322F7-3551-48B5-B1F7-B2F252A262AA.jpeg

LA Peyote Kush (week 7 of flower)
C641A717-2916-440D-B5A4-D507A31D7B2F.jpeg8848C060-0A78-4B11-AF39-F628A5A3BC19.jpeg

Still seeing some potassium deficiency in the lower leaves. I don’t think it’s new damage, and the addition of liquid Koolbloom should hopefully help. (0-10-10).

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Good day…..a quick update to the garden. Not much has changed since 9 days ago. Maybe a little frostier, but otherwise it’s just a waiting game. Seeing some brown pistils, but I haven’t even started looking at Trichomes yet. I’m filling the self watering reservoirs daily and they’re still drinking over half a gallon each per day. We are only only starting week 7 of flower. As I recall, my plants stopped drinking so much once they were ready for harvest. I expect the Purple Ghost Candy to run up to 12 weeks before harvest. I’m guessing at least 10 weeks for the other two. I’m hoping for sooner than that.

The house reeks when I open the tents, so I’m running fans over ONA gel buckets to keep the house relatively neutral. It’s going to be a long 5 weeks.

View attachment 319946View attachment 319947

View attachment 319948View attachment 319949

View attachment 319950View attachment 319951

Still seeing some potassium deficiency in the lower leaves. I don’t think it’s new damage, and the addition of liquid Koolbloom should hopefully help. (0-10-10).

35E89A28-BB25-4CF7-B2EF-424679BFD9A3.png

This is potassium silicate, top secret for increased potash as well silicate for trichomes, stem strength and fat buds!!

View attachment 319946View attachment 319947

View attachment 319948View attachment 319949

View attachment 319950View attachment 319951

What is your PH?

Mine is at 6.7 although some say to use a 10-10-10 for all stages, but here’s the catch; grow ph is 6 blocking most phosphorus then 6.5 for flower releasing all that phosphorus and calcium!

Mine is at 6.7 although some say to use a 10-10-10 for all stages, but here’s the catch; grow ph is 6 blocking most phosphorus then 6.5 for flower releasing all that phosphorus and calcium!

Thanks Johnnyrr435! I took your advise and raised the ph today to 6.6 instead of my usual 6.3. I’m within 3 weeks of harvest, so I’ll actually start fading some nutrients soon. Not only did I give them their Lucas Formula dosage of GH Flora (8ml/ g or Micro and 16ml/g of Bloom) but also 4ml/g of Liquid KoolBloom (0-10-10) and 8ml/g of Terpinator too. I’m almost ready to start fading nutrients as I’m in week 7 and the trichomes are looking promising. Nutrients were at 1300 ppm. Two of these strains are 8-10 week strains (1-3 more weeks) and the Purple Ghost Candy is expected to run 10-12 weeks. (4 more weeks)

7170C561-BF01-4B2B-AE08-5C2C30208AFA.jpegCB84FBFD-D6B8-47A5-ADBC-9EA068D5FB13.jpeg232134CD-6190-49B4-B716-3BC5B101F851.png

Attachments

• 3B121745-8A7C-48FF-A5D0-25DD131C7476.jpeg
    3B121745-8A7C-48FF-A5D0-25DD131C7476.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 00A84B5B-2E47-45D0-A01E-BAC4FDBDB20C.jpeg
    00A84B5B-2E47-45D0-A01E-BAC4FDBDB20C.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 0
Is it a yearly subscription now? I think it cost me $6 when I did the paid thing. Maybe they are charging me. I need to pay closer attention. This guy Marty Schwartz has pretty good tutorials on songs. I am a hack on guitar but I like to try. I don’t care to be a virtuoso. I just like learning to play songs I like to listen to and Shane Simpson and Marty Schwartz both have musical tastes I Venn diagram with.

Thanks @oldfogey8 for steering me to this Marty Music channel. This guy is an amazing teacher! I just signed up for his introduction to Power Chords and he makes the learning process more enjoyable than any music teacher I’ve ever seen. My poor wife is listening to me practicing only two power chords……over, and over, and over again as I practice.

Latest posts

Back