TDubs tiny tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
enjoy that harvest!

chunky monkey buds!….looking awesome Amigo!
Nice grow T_Dub. Enjoy
Nice job with those plants.
Thank you for the kind words! Feels good to make it to harvest.

I know several people are pondering Godfather OG as a future grow, so I’ll try to do a smoke report tomorrow after I sample it tonight. It smells wonderful….can’t wait to try it.

I still need to sample and do a smoke report for the Purple Ghost Candy and the LA Peyote Kush too….gimme a few days.

Thank you for the kind words! Feels good to make it to harvest.

I know several people are pondering Godfather OG as a future grow, so I’ll try to do a smoke report tomorrow after I sample it tonight. It smells wonderful….can’t wait to try it.

I still need to sample and do a smoke report for the Purple Ghost Candy and the LA Peyote Kush too….gimme a few days.

if you want to speed up those smoke reports just send me some samples and i will get right on it!

if you want to speed up those smoke reports just send me some samples and i will get right on it!
I knew I could count on you BigSur! If you were closer, I’d actually love to hear your feedback.

Headed down to the basement to burp the jars and smoke a sample of Godfather OG now.

Good Day,
I don’t normally do smoke reports, but I’ve been asked to do one for the Godfather OG for those considering growing it. For those that claim this to be an very high THC strain, my gut instinct say “yes”. This is more potent than my Blue Dream, GSC or GG4 (all from the same bulk seed supplier and grown with my limited skills, so I’m not knocking those strains. Just the ones I grew.). Anyway, I think the actual effects from smoking a strain are much more important than just chasing a high THC number. Based on one evening smoke and one morning smoke, I’d grow this strain again. But I think it’s more potent than I want for a daytime smoke….

I can’t distinguish many discernible terpenes, but I also have a very bad sense of smell and limited experience. I would agree with this description from another site which described it as “Spicy, pungent, earthy and pine”. I did a very fast dry (3 days on the stem) on these small sample buds with no curing. The smoke is not harsh at all through a water pipe. The pine is the predominant smell/taste when I exhale.

While smoking this strain, I detected a very strong woodsy/musky aroma when smoked which I assume points to the high Myrcene content in the cannabis. One of the attributes of Myrcene supposedly is that it magnifies the intensity of THC? If so, perhaps that’s why Godfather OG has the reputation it does. Supposedly, these 5 terpenes make up over 50% of the terpene profile (chart below) . I do not detect the aroma of any citrusy Limonene despite its prevalence as the number one terpene. This could be my untrained senses too….just sharing what I can detect.

Effects: very sedating and mood lifting after one bowl…and a much stronger case of the munchies than normal. My wife commented that this is the strongest cannabis she’s ever smoked (not much experience), and I have to agree that it’s right up there with the strongest I’ve ever grown. Based on the effects, I would say that this is a fantastic evening strain for me given the effects. I’m noticing an elevated mood as the most noticeable effect. Sedating and some couch lock….so not a daytime strain in my initial test here.

I would definitely grow this again and choose it over most of the seeds in my supply, and it could easily become my preferred evening strain. I still want to sample the Purple Ghost Candy and evaluate before I pick a new favorite, but I must say that the Godfather OG deserved the kudos she receives.

Below are the “most common terpenes” that appear to all be present in Godfather OG and the claimed health benefits

2160F4CC-46D2-4F2E-BB28-EC02B1B7E90D.png

F08E0332-3672-41FA-9EAA-628C42A3CB01.png

Hi Old Fogey, Did you go with the Spark 40 watt or Spark Mini? Either way, I suspect you’ll be playing a lot more now that you have the Spark. I can’t wait until I know more chords and can use it even more.

As an FYI, The Spark 40 can run on a battery too. There is a YouTube video on it using this Talemtcell battery which matches up perfectly.

Here are the two Amazon descriptions.

TalentCell Lithium ion Battery Pack NB7102, Rechargeable 17500mAh 64.75Wh Li-ion Power Bank with DC 24/19/5V and USB-C 5/9/12/15/20V Output for Laptop, Notebook, Smartphone, Camera and More https://a.co/d/95AqBxw

And I used these magnets to attach the battery to the back of the unit
OQTIQ [2 Pack] Magnetic Phone Car Mount, Phone Magnet for Car, Universal Stick On Rectangle Flat Dashboard Car Phone Magnet Mount for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets (Rectangle Flat) https://a.co/d/672hd9i
I haven’t had much time to play around with the Spark but so far, I am lovin’ this. Thanks @Flower for suggesting it. Now I just need my wife to go shopping or something so I can smoke a little herb and crank up the volume.

I haven’t had much time to play around with the Spark but so far, I am lovin’ this. Thanks @Flower for suggesting it. Now I just need my wife to go shopping or something so I can smoke a little herb and crank up the volume.
My favorite thing to do is play along with the blues backing tracks.
I just make up my own leads.
Get good and high, flip the Spark on, and let the creativity flow.
They sound way more expensive than they are.

My favorite thing to do is play along with the blues backing tracks.
I just make up my own leads.
Get good and high, flip the Spark on, and let the creativity flow.
They sound way more expensive than they are.
As a new player, I like the Smart Jam feature. I can choose the chords to play, and it provides a drum beat and bass as backup to my practice. Makes the repetitive activity more enjoyable. Im working my way towards using the “quick jam” feature. Im also learning a few basic songs using the app.

Can’t wait to play to a background track. Plenty to choose from.

Breaking out the Magic Butter Machine today. Making Godfather OG gummy bears today…..using coconut oil as the carrier instead of an everclear tincture. This is a new one on me, so I hope it works out. 14g of bud for each 8oz of coconut oil. Should be potent…we will see. I am decarbing at 250 degrees for 25 minutes.

5A72FB73-45E6-4549-A734-94B1CCEA68A3.jpeg

And the new seedlings are coming along. I’ve transplanted both of them into 5 gallon GroBuckets….a self enclosed irrigation system that feeds from the bottom and holds one gallon in the reservoir. I have a Lemonade Haze (left) and a GG4 (right) in the mix for summer.

53605226-3804-48EC-B007-CBF4A776230B.pngE2E68DD6-10EF-40AD-A521-51F54E4D679F.jpeg855CC757-57B1-4731-B4C3-B36A556A7275.jpeg

I go about 1:1 as far as ratio of trim to oil but my brownies are too strong. Should cut the cannabuttef with butter or coconut oil(probably 7:1 butter to oil) if I want to eat a whole brownie. But the way I look at it, I’d rather eat a quarter inch cube of brownie and get stoned then eat something like normal cookies. Edibles for me aren’t about the taste(though mine taste pretty good).

I go about 1:1 as far as ratio of trim to oil but my brownies are too strong. Should cut the cannabuttef with butter or coconut oil(probably 7:1 butter to oil) if I want to eat a whole brownie. But the way I look at it, I’d rather eat a quarter inch cube of brownie and get stoned then eat something like normal cookies. Edibles for me aren’t about the taste(though mine taste pretty good).
My gummy bears didn’t turn out. I don’t think the gelatin blended with the coconut oil, so the liquids separated when cooled in the molds. It’s like eating flavored coconut oil when I pop a gummy bear.

I’m wondering if I should have used an immersion blender to get the two liquids to blend better. From now on, I think I’ll follow your lead and just make brownies.

My gummy bears didn’t turn out. I don’t think the gelatin blended with the coconut oil, so the liquids separated when cooled in the molds. It’s like eating flavored coconut oil when I pop a gummy bear.

I’m wondering if I should have used an immersion blender to get the two liquids to blend better. From now on, I think I’ll follow your lead and just make brownies.
I wonder if adding some emulsifier might work for the gummies. I used lecithin a couple of times in my brownies. I noticed that the buzz came on quicker and didn’t last as long(came on in a half hour and lasted maybe 2 hours vs coming on in an hour and a half and lasting 6 hours). There are pros and cons to both in my view.

I wonder if adding some emulsifier might work for the gummies. I used lecithin a couple of times in my brownies. I noticed that the buzz came on quicker and didn’t last as long(came on in a half hour and lasted maybe 2 hours vs coming on in an hour and a half and lasting 6 hours). There are pros and cons to both in my view.
I was thinking of decarbing bubble hash and mixing than in. I make gummies with gelatin and sugar free Jello so they are four calories each of 100% protein. Adding butter or oil to that would just be wrong...

I did add 2T of lecithin to my mix….not sure what it accomplishes, but I had it on hand and the Magic Butter Machine recommended it.

I have some extra coconut oil, so I’m planning to make and freeze some brownies to see if that works better. That sounds like a much better use for infused oil.

I was thinking of decarbing bubble hash and mixing than in. I make gummies with gelatin and sugar free Jello so they are four calories each of 100% protein. Adding butter or oil to that would just be wrong...

That bubble hash is a good idea. I also had good luck mixing the recipe with an alcohol tincture too. I’m only having bad luck with cannabis-infused oil. The gelatin mix instructions recommended mixing with oil, otherwise I would have questioned this approach.

Greetings! It’s been a while since I’ve updated my tent. I’ve been hesitant to post pictures of these girls. I’ve done little to no training on them, and I’ve been experimenting with this grow. Instead of Fox Farm soil, I’m running in Fox Farm coco loco and using GroBuckets. The GroBuckets take all the mystery out of watering. I simply fill the container every morning and it takes care of feeding the roots. Impossible to overwater…..kind of “idiot proof”. I like them a lot, but I’ve never been great at watering (I usually over water). I don’t top-feed at all since the water is absorbed from the reservoir in the bottom of the bucket. I’m feeding almost 1 gallon per day now.

So far….I highly recommend these GroBuckets. Let’s see if they can finish a grow successfully.

The Gorilla GG4 on the left absolutely loved the Lucas formula with 5ml of CalMag per gallon. She’s extremely healthy. The Lemonade Haze on the right has been deficient in CalMag I suspect and hasn’t looked nearly as healthy as the GG4 despite getting the exact same feed.

They’ve averaged 1 inch per day stretch these last two weeks. Now up to 31” tall (gg4) and 35” tall (lemonade haze). Just finishing 17 days since flip to 12/12. I’m almost out of vertical space, so I’m hoping the stretch is over.

GG4 on the left and Lemonade Haze on the right.
CDCD4331-266B-4E07-BB52-3D84AFD9E236.jpegD37EB65A-72CC-40A5-BBA3-DD0B29625F42.jpeg

Buds forming after 17 days of 12/12 (gg4 on left, lemonade haze on right)
6067C1A3-BF70-4F11-98AC-EDD3F4241169.jpeg9EBE160E-AAE7-4C07-B830-F5DD4E846B3F.jpeg

GG4
CCCC7B93-F97C-407C-B160-FF1ED0366DC1.jpeg

Lemonade Haze
22D24870-256E-4FFF-BE0D-D7A9FBE83020.jpeg

GroBucket design
EBC89383-94EE-4616-9D7B-C7507C22D3EF.png

Are those grow buckets are almost like auto pots. Minus the fill valve and res
I guess they really are similar…I never considered that. Unfortunately, these don’t hold enough liquid to “set em and forget em” for a few days like an Autopot. I’m having to water daily, so it’s not a design that allows you to walk away for a few days. I think I could rig up an aquarium pump on a timer to refill these if I wanted to get creative.

I’m planning to try an Octopot in Fall since it has a 5 gallon reservoir and is a similar bottom-feed concept. That should require even less maintenance.

Latest posts

Back