tell sex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

healy-john

is maith liomsa chocolate
Reaction score
im wondering which way it goes is it pistils up male pistils down female or the other way around

Female plants have the white hairs and the male has balls and no hairs. Here is a pic of a male and female plant.

kinds.jpg

you can sometimes tell before that by looking at the little things below the flower if they are crossed they are nomally male

cem.buds said:
you can sometimes tell before that by looking at the little things below the flower if they are crossed they are nomally male

No, You Can't. Old wives tail. I had someone do that w/ 7 ''clones'' I got from him... oldschool OD grower... 4 were males... lets say I wasn't happy and had a "incident" with him... Obviously they were not cuttings either.

look at the pic that the brothers grunt has posted. if you look carefully you can see the spurs are crossed female plants do not do this males do right before they start branch off if you pay attentionto your plants you will be able too tell i have just done this and have done this for the past 5 years look at the pics right under the branch

I have to "co-sign" Kades comment. Sorry cem., but it simply does not stand up in tests.

"Sometimes" telling isn't worth a grain of salt... the male ->female ratio is around 50% anyways... in which case me saying it is a female is as good as the leaves crossing.
I've got in fights over this w/ my friends.. and had to demonstrate it by planting seeds and labelling them all. after they confirm which are crossing or not.

AMEN Kade! Sadly, It seems there are more myths and wives-tails around growin weed than there are growers!! Here's another good one a couple growers around here used to believe: The tallest plants after 4 weeks of initial growth were the males?? Can you believe it! How many perfectly good females were just tossed away??? Now, these guys turn out some good bud. But, they would have had alot more had they waited to actually see the male flower. Moral of the story? Learn and implement known and proven, long established growing methods and you will always be successful!!(see signature). How 'bout we start a thread for all the myths and wt's we can find once and for all. Or do we alresdy have that???

KADE, I know one guy that still thinks hangin upside down drains the "goodies" as he would say, into the buds LOL,LOL

KADE said:
"Sometimes" telling isn't worth a grain of salt... the male ->female ratio is around 50% anyways... in which case me saying it is a female is as good as the leaves crossing.
I've got in fights over this w/ my friends.. and had to demonstrate it by planting seeds and labelling them all. after they confirm which are crossing or not.

This is the first year in 23 that I got 80%. Coincidence only. Next yr, prob bac to 50%+/-.:)

Yeah really... I just dont even bother tellin ppl nemore... they think I dont know nething.. because they've never seen my plants... It protects them more then me really... It is nice showin up to a UFC party with a arm sized cola once in a while and them wondering who grew it. =)

If they wanna think I know nothing about growing because they know somebodys someone has done it OD his whole life then sure! I'll go with it, and I'll always yield more.

LOL,LOL,LOL!! Ilove it! Been ther, done that, bought the t-shirt!! One time(yrs ago), I sneaked a monster bud(I mean Freekin' huge bud) into a party where alot a guys were showin off thier best buds, laid on the table and walked away. Kinda sat back and watched and listened. LOL it was like little kids lookin at a 2ft long candy bar. They were drinkin beer all day, when they started smokin that weed I swear, you could see em turin white. In 20 min. half of em were pukin. To this day I never fessed up that it was mine. People still talk about that... It's all good.

Latest posts

Back