Tell your Passion of Cannabis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
How did you find your Passion for cannabis?

For me, I remember being in grammar school. (Do they even call it that anymore?) Around 6th grade. In my health class I believe my teacher passed around a glass frame probably 24" x 20" filled and labeled with every "narcotic" known to man. There was PCP, heroin, mushrooms, cocaine, crack,.. and then there was cannabis. I remember being intrigued in this glassed frame, more than the silly education I was receiving.
I can remember going into libraries. School libraries, my mother would take me to since she loved to read. I was never a "reader". I am more of a visual person. But I would find myself going in the card catalog to find books on cannabis cultivation. These tiny, 20-page books showed me for the first-time what cannabis really was, and I was hooked! I spent probably half of my teen years obsessing over cannabis. How it grew mainly. I wanted to grow this plant myself.
I remember getting stoned with my older cousins for the first time and having unstoppable laughter for hours with tears rolling, and my older cousin punching me as to not have his mother, my aunt come down and find out we were getting stoned. I remember having hallucinating experiences in my early years of cannabis smoking. God knows what we smoked throughout those years, lol.
Not much has changed for me. I don't get stoned on the way to work like I used to, or on lunch breaks or on my way home. But I will dabble in the occasional daytime smoke, and pretty constant evening joint.
I was always told "NO!" when it came to cannabis. I have always said, "YES!"

I would love to hear how your Passion came for Cannabis the plant we all love.

I was in 5th grade on the school bus going to spend the night with my friend.
Out of the blue I confess that I want to try MJ, he looks at me and says "yea? I got some at home"
That bus ride to his house seemed like the longest ever I was so hyped/heart pounding knowing I was going to smoke when we got there.

Havent been the same since

@Growdude love it! I remember those hear pounding moments that lead up to indulging in cannabis. Almost as exciting as knowing I was going to get laid back then, lol.

My sister and her friend got a joint from her friends older brother. I was in 6th grade and they were in 7th. We smoked the joint. It had to have been laced with PCP because her friend wound up laying in our bathtub vomiting and I laid down on our stairs for what seemed like an hour because I couldn’t move or maybe didn’t feel like it. Never to be a quitter, I knew I would have to try, try again. And what do you know? I still am trying it. Again and again.

My sister and her friend got a joint from her friends older brother. I was in 6th grade and they were in 7th. We smoked the joint. It had to have been laced with PCP because her friend wound up laying in our bathtub vomiting and I laid down on our stairs for what seemed like an hour because I couldn’t move or maybe didn’t feel like it. Never to be a quitter, I knew I would have to try, try again. And what do you know? I still am trying it. Again and again.
I remember a guy tried to sell me some pot laced with coke or PCP...I forget. Bull-shit it had power mildew. Another tried to sell what he called Dirt Weed...it was mold. Glad I grow my own.

First time smoking it was in 8th grade after my dirt poor family took in a border to help make ends meet. He was a deputy working at the local prison, and gave me a joint from weed he said he had taken from a prisoner. I liked it, but not enough to smoke it regular, especially because I was usually broke. I did smoke on weekends or whenever it was offered free at parties and such.

By the time I was in high school I had realized getting stoned stopped me from talking much. I would just sort of veg out and ignore conversation around me. That caused many problems for me including the most important thing in the world at the time, getting a girl to like me. So I stopped smoking the stuff completely.

I don't think I got stoned again until my 50's. First time was at my wife's psychology conference in Denver. I liked it, a LOT, and to my wife's dismay, it didn't stop me from talking like it used to.

A year or two later I started growing my own.

Septermber 1969 for me. I was a redneck motor head. Drinking beer and racing cars is all I cared about....well girls as well. Anyway, one of my racing buddies said lets take a ride. Woodstock had just happened and marijuana was showing up and I didn't realize it. All of a sudden my buddy pulled out a joint......I FK'N COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. My first thought was get that s-hit away from me......after a few...being called "You Pussie" I took a hit.......end of story.

First time I ever saw weed was when my dad went out fishing in the ocean a few miles off shore for shark.
He brought a neighbor and his son (a friend of mine ) so the 4 of us fishing for Mako and Blues.
Long story short, he saw what look like a black suitcase but turned into a tar wrap bundle the size of a haybale you feed to horses.
He gaft it and we brought it home , Once at the house he proceeded to unwrap an inner plastic wrap bundle (big azz)
It was hard pressed brown and smell of mold. My older sister's eyes lite up LOL.
I had never tried weed at the time and my Dad was like , have to call the police tomorrow morning , it was late already.
He left it out in backyard overnight and by morning some was missing not a lot but he could tell someone had pilfered a small amount.
He then called officer Joe came a round plopped in the trunk and away it went. The ATF I believe it was even called and inquired to find out where he found it exactly.
It was cool and fun, and made for a memorable summer . I tried my 1st weed that same summer.

First time I ever saw weed was when my dad went out fishing in the ocean a few miles off shore for shark.
He brought a neighbor and his son (a friend of mine ) so the 4 of us fishing for Mako and Blues.
Long story short, he saw what look like a black suitcase but turned into a tar wrap bundle the size of a haybale you feed to horses.
He gaft it and we brought it home , Once at the house he proceeded to unwrap an inner plastic wrap bundle (big azz)
It was hard pressed brown and smell of mold. My older sister's eyes lite up LOL.
I had never tried weed at the time and my Dad was like , have to call the police tomorrow morning , it was late already.
He left it out in backyard overnight and by morning some was missing not a lot but he could tell someone had pilfered a small amount.
He then called officer Joe came a round plopped in the trunk and away it went. The ATF I believe it was even called and inquired to find out where he found it exactly.
It was cool and fun, and made for a memorable summer . I tried my 1st weed that same summer.
What year and how old were you?

I was 15 when I smoked my first joint at my besties house where I stayed over a lot on the weekends. She had a big family and her brother could get weed anytime. wasn't Into the pills or acid which a lot of my friends were doing but sure liked the weed from then on…

I smoked my first "joint" when I was 9ish. I had been puffing on cigs for a little bit then, and me and my sister thought that bag in Dad's drawer was tobacco. I had the ends twisted closed with unground weed filling it. We figured out Pap's cigars were easier.

Fast forward to 16. Found a roach and a J worth of weed in step-monster's drawer. Smoked that with Stewart, but didn't get high.

My next joint fked my world up. I still believe it was laced. I was told the next day, by a very scared, very pssd Nan that I was standing at the picture window in my underwear waiting for my drug dealer to come over.

My passion began while I was living in Evansville back in the late 90's. I worked at Cracker Barrel with some Juggalos. We'd slam rails of coke during work, and drink and smoke after.

One nite, Herschel and Jay came by with a joint that would make Bob Marley proud. They handed me the "roach" and said finish it off. I'm one to oblige, so I did.

I had finished most of it when I started hearing music. I kept smoking and listening. It was hands down the best song I had heard, and it still was to this day.

I asked them who it was. They said who what was. I said the band playing that song. They just looked at each other.

I figured it was the neighbors, so I went outside to hear it better. Didn't hear a dam thing, so went back inside... There it was playing again.

I figured these fkrs were fking with me, but they kept saying I was crazy.

I ended up trying to grab something from behind the couch. I could hear it louder. I made these fools get behind the couch and listen. Still nothing lol.

I stood up. Right beside me was an aloe plant. I leaned in, and the music was coming from the fking plant!

Never before, and never since did I have an experience like that from miss mary jane, but I knew there was something magical about it that I never wanted to be away from again.

my brother turned me on to my first joint in 1963

what a long strange trip it has been
How old were you that your pops smoked with you? LOL. mY old man is retired law enforcement, so that wasnt happening. He was a ******* nard in the 80's down here in south florida. Funny thing now is he smokes now with my brother, but I would feel weird getting high with him. We roll and smoke with him through, but passing a joint aroind would feel weird to me. maybe one day.
My bad, you said brother, lol...fking @boo had me all retarded over here, lol. What was the age gap?

I smoked my first "joint" when I was 9ish. I had been puffing on cigs for a little bit then, and me and my sister thought that bag in Dad's drawer was tobacco. I had the ends twisted closed with unground weed filling it. We figured out Pap's cigars were easier.

Fast forward to 16. Found a roach and a J worth of weed in step-monster's drawer. Smoked that with Stewart, but didn't get high.

My next joint fked my world up. I still believe it was laced. I was told the next day, by a very scared, very pssd Nan that I was standing at the picture window in my underwear waiting for my drug dealer to come over.

My passion began while I was living in Evansville back in the late 90's. I worked at Cracker Barrel with some Juggalos. We'd slam rails of coke during work, and drink and smoke after.

One nite, Herschel and Jay came by with a joint that would make Bob Marley proud. They handed me the "roach" and said finish it off. I'm one to oblige, so I did.

I had finished most of it when I started hearing music. I kept smoking and listening. It was hands down the best song I had heard, and it still was to this day.

I asked them who it was. They said who what was. I said the band playing that song. They just looked at each other.

I figured it was the neighbors, so I went outside to hear it better. Didn't hear a dam thing, so went back inside... There it was playing again.

I figured these fkrs were fking with me, but they kept saying I was crazy.

I ended up trying to grab something from behind the couch. I could hear it louder. I made these fools get behind the couch and listen. Still nothing lol.

I stood up. Right beside me was an aloe plant. I leaned in, and the music was coming from the fking plant!

Never before, and never since did I have an experience like that from miss mary jane, but I knew there was something magical about it that I never wanted to be away from again.
Classic story, LOL. Gosh I remember being in upstate NY as a teenager walking through the suburbs and my two other cousins and I would break into our friends houses and raid the pantry with uncontrollable munchies. Back then kids were not allowed to finish anything, boxes of cereal.....we would kill it all. I am sure we got some kids in trouble over those munchie attacks!, LOL. I also remember, and to this day still can know exactly when the weed hits me. We would be smoking and i would say, "yup" I am feeling it. They would look at me as if I was nuts.

These are all great stories. I was thinking to myself about my experience with herb and wanted to share it, while also getting some awesome war stories from yall. We my time was probably different from some on here since I started smoking pot in 1993! I remember the pressed brown weed with sticks and stems, but then came along "hydro". Whoah nilly did that shit **** me up!

I remember my mother catching me stoned for the first time. I was riding my bike back from a session towards the house. She was driving down the road towards my direction. She stops, rolls her window down and asked if I was stoned. I said nothing. She had me throw my bike in the trunk and hop in. I got in and she asked if I had the munchies......we wound up going to dinner. The conversation that evening was interesting to say the least.
My mother was the type that would rather I drink than smoke cannabis because it was illegal. I thought that was the dumbest thing, and still do.
Then I remember my step dad. He had quit smoking cigs and I remember looking out the bay window from upstairs. It was night time and we had a detached garage with a solar light on the garage. he was smoking under the light. I said to my mother, "Ma! Tony's smoking again out by the garage." She yelled at me and said, "no hes not", and then I realized he was a toker too.
I also remember my sister 7 years older than me dropping me off at my older cousins for the night. Right before I got out of the car I told her I had pot. She asked to see it. We became best friends after that. Cannabis brought us closer back then even though our age gap kept us separated for so many years.

Latest posts

Back