Tell your Passion of Cannabis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First joint was in 1971 put me into another world and happy times. Just got married, had my first apartment $125. a month. Just turn 18 and had party's every weekend. Good times.

as a teenager , i smoked the herbs with my mom and pops in 1968….it was epic and will be with me till i die
I got high with with my parents once. i Was about 19 and that’s when I learned that it was not my dads first time toking the weed. The evening was crazy. We ended up packing my dads “dad pipe” full of what was know as Gold back then before we left and they fired it up again after we left. I found out the next day that my momma went into paranoid mode on my dad. The story he told was funny as heck but we don’t talk about that night ever again.

I got high with with my parents once. i Was about 19 and that’s when I learned that it was not my dads first time toking the weed. The evening was crazy. We ended up packing my dads “dad pipe” full of what was know as Gold back then before we left and they fired it up again after we left. I found out the next day that my momma went into paranoid mode on my dad. The story he told was funny as heck but we don’t talk about that night ever again.
I smoked once with my dad, step-mother and her sister and brother in law when I was 16. The sister and BIL lived in Honolulu and we were visiting and they broke out with what they said was Maui Wowie. I caught a nice buzz but those people were off the charts. They got the munchies and screwed up some hash browns and nearly wet their pants when my step mother flung some and they stuck to the wall. I think it was my dads first and last time smoking weed. Bourbon was his drug of choice.

I must be around the same age as @Loolagigi2. I started around the early 90s with Mexican brick weed. 75 percent stick and stem. But the first time I felt passion for it was when my uncles showed me my father's guerilla grow. I was 15 and He was currently in prison but had bought property before that. A nice north facing Mountain in WV with a spring fed creek running along side.
The pointed out all my dad's plants growing on the side of the hill. They were emerald green and blended into the surrounding Douglas fir trees. They showed me what male plants looked like and had me cull them out. I took 250 plants down that day leaving maybe 600 more females to grow out.
When we were done, My uncles handed me a high times magazine, a joint of past year's crop, and what would turn out to be a warm welcome to my outlaw family's business.

You all have some fun stories! Lesso, that was a cool story!

I must have had an abnormal childhood…..no good experiences with weed as a youth. In 7th grade I tried smoking something that looked nothing like weed I know today and didn’t get much out of it. My parents and my conservative community were so militant against weed that anyone caught smoking it at our school was put into a drug program!! Booze was encouraged, but weed was considered evil.

I didn’t discover the benefits of cannabis until I was 48 and heavily medicated on hydrocodone. Someone mentioned trying medical marijuana instead and I finally tried it and fell in love with it. Glad I did….that was 8 years ago. It has helped me quit drinking (I was an alcoholic), pain pills and tobacco.

My family and friends, who have never smoked cannabis, are still militant in their opposition to weed even though our state has legalized it. Hopefully it will become more acceptable over time around here.

Times have changed. Most conservatives i know smoke weed. All the rednecks i know are potheads, including me. 😁
The only conservatives that i know that don't smoke weed are religious. I am a conservative but i am not a believer. Although there are plenty of religious ppl nowadays that smoke weed.
Where are you from?

Last edited:
1972 in the backseat of my older brothers Ford Mercury with my cousin Julie. A Sunday morning skipping Sunday school with brother and cousins. My brother pulled out a joint and we smoked it. Haven’t stopped since. It was great. Went to Krispy Kreme after church.

Times have changed. Most conservatives i know smoke weed. All the rednecks i know are potheads, including me. 😁
The only conservatives that i know that don't smoke weed are religious. I am a conservative but i am not a believer. Although there are plenty of religious ppl nowadays that smoke weed.
Where are you from?
God made everything that grows for us.

My older Brother gave me 2 joints .
He worked in the restaurant business and that business always had 5 star weed ,hash ,and hot jewelry.
I smoked one joint in the woods and felt nothing and I went home and ate a pot of spaghetti .
Then what really sealed it was a great album over a great system stoned .
been that way ever since. Fock drinking .Two joints ,some chinese food ,my honey in a hotel room with music was heaven as opposed to a bar when I was younger.

My older Brother gave me 2 joints .
He worked in the restaurant business and that business always had 5 star weed ,hash ,and hot jewelry.
Ismokeone ajointin the woods and felt nothing and I went home and ate a pot of spaghetti .
Then what really sealed it was a great album over a great system stoned .
been that way ever since. Fock drinking .Two joints ,some chinese food ,my honey in a hotel room with music was heaven as opposed to a bar

Now you guys are bringing back memories. My very first time was in 1975 with some really stank skunk weed, you know the real kind you could smell a mile away. We just started summer vacation and a group of us went up to the upper peninsula of Michigan near Crystal falls camping. There were five guys and six girls just to make sure the odds were in our favor. Anyway, we were all sitting around the fire drinking some beer and jack Daniel's, one of the girls pulled out some of the swankiest smelling shit there ever was and how it turned a #6 ranking girl into a #10 really fast lol. I would love to have some more of that smelly skunk shit but can't find it like that anymore.

Latest posts

Back