Tell your Passion of Cannabis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you guys are bringing back memories. My very first time was in 1975 with some really stank skunk weed, you know the real kind you could smell a mile away. We just started summer vacation and a group of us went up to the upper peninsula of Michigan near Crystal falls camping. There were five guys and six girls just to make sure the odds were in our favor. Anyway, we were all sitting around the fire drinking some beer and jack Daniel's, one of the girls pulled out some of the swankiest smelling shit there ever was and how it turned a #6 ranking girl into a #10 really fast lol. I would love to have some more of that smelly skunk shit but can't find it like that anymore.
Girls like that are hard to find anymore

My passion started late in life, at the age of 53. . I was at a party, and got a migraine. (I have had chronic migraines my entire adult life). A friend offered me a hit on a joint. Ten minutes later, and several hits, I felt amazing. Following summer I grew my first “crop”, learning as much as I could, and getting better every grow.
I now like my daily joint, and wouldn’t want to do without.

I must be around the same age as @Loolagigi2. I started around the early 90s with Mexican brick weed. 75 percent stick and stem. But the first time I felt passion for it was when my uncles showed me my father's guerilla grow. I was 15 and He was currently in prison but had bought property before that. A nice north facing Mountain in WV with a spring fed creek running along side.
The pointed out all my dad's plants growing on the side of the hill. They were emerald green and blended into the surrounding Douglas fir trees. They showed me what male plants looked like and had me cull them out. I took 250 plants down that day leaving maybe 600 more females to grow out.
When we were done, My uncles handed me a high times magazine, a joint of past year's crop, and what would turn out to be a warm welcome to my outlaw family's business.
**** yeah!

Between 5th and 6th grade - 1978 - Regular weed was 30 and 35 a "LID" and there was stuff they were calling Red Point.. (Columbian Red Point) Looked like miniature dark red Christmas trees and that was 45 a LID. 95 for a QP.

I remember being about 15 and my sister had a boyfriend who sold weed. His stuff was fire!!!! $40 an 1/8th. I was staying at her house for a few days and she told me how they all climbed this water tower in the city we lived in and how they wrote their names on the very top . I thought, well if she did it I can too.
Morning came. Probably about 30 degrees and overcast her boyfriend and I took off to the tower. Of course he smoked an entire joint with me on the way.... We get there. It didn't look so bad..... Now keep in mind I do have a fear of heights. He had to pick me up to grab the first ladder rung since I am so dang short. I went first. He followed. No turning back. The ladder was about 12" wide and was just some flat bar with round bar for rungs. I had no gloves on and it was ice cold. I get to the top. There is no railing up there which was nerve racking, but the view was awesome. I couldn't appreciate it though. All I thought of is how am I going to get down. I didn't want to die that day. I am pretty sure my mother would have been a little upset at my sister and her boyfriend if that was the case.
So I get close to the edge to get down the ladder. The top of the water tower has a slight pitch to it, and there was nothing to hang onto while trying to grab a ladder that is below you. You had to literally hang over the edge to get to it.
I wanted nothing to do with it. Her boyfriend said he would go first to show me. It took everything I had to not get stuck up on the top if this thing. I knew I had no choice. I was not having fun at all. I finally got the nerve and started climbing down. My hands were super tight grasping the cold bars and my heart felt like it was coming out of my chest. It felt like forever to get to the ground. I remember my entire day was shot after that. My mental status was shot, and my body was exhausted from the energy I used to get up and down. I tried finding a photo of the tower with no success.
Definatly a day I will never forget.

I'm almost as old as pute and there's no way I'm gettin near that tower...when the chute didn't open correctly my days of heights was gone...

We are talking 1995. Yes, maybe you are a bit older, but it wasn't yesterday. Nor would I ever attempt that again, lol.

How did you find your Passion for cannabis?

For me, I remember being in grammar school. (Do they even call it that anymore?) Around 6th grade. In my health class I believe my teacher passed around a glass frame probably 24" x 20" filled and labeled with every "narcotic" known to man. There was PCP, heroin, mushrooms, cocaine, crack,.. and then there was cannabis. I remember being intrigued in this glassed frame, more than the silly education I was receiving.
I can remember going into libraries. School libraries, my mother would take me to since she loved to read. I was never a "reader". I am more of a visual person. But I would find myself going in the card catalog to find books on cannabis cultivation. These tiny, 20-page books showed me for the first-time what cannabis really was, and I was hooked! I spent probably half of my teen years obsessing over cannabis. How it grew mainly. I wanted to grow this plant myself.
I remember getting stoned with my older cousins for the first time and having unstoppable laughter for hours with tears rolling, and my older cousin punching me as to not have his mother, my aunt come down and find out we were getting stoned. I remember having hallucinating experiences in my early years of cannabis smoking. God knows what we smoked throughout those years, lol.
Not much has changed for me. I don't get stoned on the way to work like I used to, or on lunch breaks or on my way home. But I will dabble in the occasional daytime smoke, and pretty constant evening joint.
I was always told "NO!" when it came to cannabis. I have always said, "YES!"

I would love to hear how your Passion came for Cannabis the plant we all love.
I tried it first in 8th grade. Tried it three times, and nothing. Didn't really try it again until my sophomore year. I grew up in a tiny redneck town, and my Dad was a hard-ass Kennedy democrat drill instructor type who hated 'hippies and longhairs and druggies', and as I was more scared of him than the law, I practiced discretion as best I could.

Living on the Gulf Coast of Florida, it was never really hard to find smoke. But I didn't find out about GOOD weed until I was stationed in Hawaii. 😵 lol

Fast forward a bunch of years - mom and dad divorced, I FINALLY was shed of my first wife, and dad had a quad bypass.
I was at his apartment, and he comes downstairs with some weed and a rolling machine, asking me if I knew how to use the roller. He said he hoped the smoke would help with the pain from his surgery.

I rolled one up quick without the roller, and his eyes got big. He said "You've done that before, huh?"
"Yeah, dad. Many times."

He just started coughing, which aggravated his incision, so he gave me his ounce of smoke and never tried it again.

I tried it first in 8th grade. Tried it three times, and nothing. Didn't really try it again until my sophomore year. I grew up in a tiny redneck town, and my Dad was a hard-ass Kennedy democrat drill instructor type who hated 'hippies and longhairs and druggies', and as I was more scared of him than the law, I practiced discretion as best I could.

Living on the Gulf Coast of Florida, it was never really hard to find smoke. But I didn't find out about GOOD weed until I was stationed in Hawaii. 😵 lol

Fast forward a bunch of years - mom and dad divorced, I FINALLY was shed of my first wife, and dad had a quad bypass.
I was at his apartment, and he comes downstairs with some weed and a rolling machine, asking me if I knew how to use the roller. He said he hoped the smoke would help with the pain from his surgery.

I rolled one up quick without the roller, and his eyes got big. He said "You've done that before, huh?"
"Yeah, dad. Many times."

He just started coughing, which aggravated his incision, so he gave me his ounce of smoke and never tried it again.
Damm ! thats a song right there i tell ya..

My first time was a dud back in '68-69. My best friend brought a couple of joints to our neighborhood meeting spot out in the woods. He passed the joints around, everybody started grinning and acting goofy, and I got nothing. Next day was a repeat of the same; still nothing. Third day his younger brother brought out a chunk of blonde Lebanese hash. Holy crap! I still believed in God back then, and I prayed I'd never come down. After that, I could get high on the same weed I couldn't get high on before.

My Mom, whom i miss every day. Never had a problem with me smoking weed. She tried it one time and freaked out. Never tried it again but never said anything to me or gave me any crap about it. She was an awesome mom. 😢

My first time was a dud back in '68-69. My best friend brought a couple of joints to our neighborhood meeting spot out in the woods. He passed the joints around, everybody started grinning and acting goofy, and I got nothing. Next day was a repeat of the same; still nothing. Third day his younger brother brought out a chunk of blonde Lebanese hash. Holy crap! I still believed in God back then, and I prayed I'd never come down. After that, I could get high on the same weed I couldn't get high on before.
Ahh! Blonde Lebanese - haven't heard THAT in a long, long time.
Yeah, it was awesome.

My Pops put me in the hospital when he caught me with weed.
Ex State troopers were like that back than.
Fooker told em I fell down the stairs.

Sorry to hear that, RosterMan. My dad was hard as nails - he was a callouse-handed, solid-muscled carpenter, and by age 15 I also had muscles and calloused hands. He worked me like a dog, and he was very strict, but he never beat me. He did, however, leave welts on my backside when I was younger. He'd fold his leather belt in half and snap it as he was coming toward me. I took it. I always took it. Had I ever been busted for weed (never was), he'd have let me sit in the pokey for a good long while.

From the time I was 15, I worked real jobs for school clothes...just as soon as I got my work permit. My senior year I worked full time because I had enough credits to go to school half a day. We had livestock and a small 'farm' that I came of age on. So, chores at daybreak, school, work, then evening and weekend chores, too. Not much chance to get in trouble.

I had a good friend whose dad beat him. Poor guy would flinch whenever someone raised a hand anywhere near him.
There's no sense in that.

I got locked in a psych ward for smoking weed when I was 12.Thats where I lost my Virginity,got put on hard drugs and received electroshock to disuade me.
Was the beginning of a lifetime of being terrorized over a plant.
Can't say I miss those day or those people.

My Mom, whom i miss every day. Never had a problem with me smoking weed. She tried it one time and freaked out. Never tried it again but never said anything to me or gave me any crap about it. She was an awesome mom. 😢
My dad was hard, and strict. But he was fair and honest. My mom was neither fair nor honest.
We hadn't spoken for years when she died. I regret that in many ways - but she'd tried to 'fix me up' with a smokin' hot redheaad we both knew...when my daughter was in diapers. She never liked any female I went out with or dated.

She tried weed once. I wasn't there, but my sister said she really freaked out. I've always thought it weird how some folks just can't cope with smoke.

Latest posts

Back